Acher0n

The random and constant noises in this game annoy me.

I cant sit on a hill trying to snipe, or run through a town, without the constant bombardment of the noises of a zombie, the noise of someone munching on beans, the noise of a sprite can being broken open, and of course, the constant rattle of a chain-linked fence and snapping twigs.

This annoys me so much.

• Like 5

I cant sit on a hill trying to snipe, or run through a town, without the constant bombardment of the noises of a zombie, the noise of someone munching on beans, the noise of a sprite can being broken open, and of course, the constant rattle of a chain-linked fence and snapping twigs.

This annoys me so much.

Get used to it. Ambient sound effects are not a priority to be redone.

The fact that noises in general are all still so jacked up is quite annoying to me as well. Like, for example, being inside a building and hardly being able to even hear your own footsteps because apparently there's an entire forest inside the room with wind gusts of 50km/h. THIS i find more annoying than the random sounds, because that actually screws with my game play and makes it almost impossible to hear what's going on around you sometimes

It's all Green Mountain's fault.

• Like 6

It's all Green Mountain's fault.

I heard the developers actually haven't been able to fix the sound glitches....until....one developer removed green mountain completely from the game. Or so he thought.

After removing Green mountain, the sounds ceased. However, the next day, the developer didn't show up to work, and Green Mountain mysteriously re-appeared in the test build.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 5

Yeah, it annoys me too at this point.  It is like a cheap horror sound track being played in the bathroom of a movie theater.  My first few days of playing though I didn't realize the zombie sound was just canned crap and spooked me into running away.  lol

keeps you on your toes, who said it was a bug anyhow :D

I think one of the changelogs :P

Lol please don't try to pull one of those "its a feature" things on us. I wouldn't mind it if the sounds actually had a source to them.

• Like 1

I haven't heard any ambient noises that were out of place for a few patches (minus the metal gate closing thingy, which isn't the same I don't think).

I hear these random noises all the time, zombie noise, ammo sound and so on.

It's not so bad on 40 player servers but I couldn't stand being on that 100 player experimental  server. It was constant noise!

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Oh it sure does!

Until you've freaked out for the 100th time to the "Mystery Zed Noise" and suddenly become complacent.

Just when I thought it was safe to alt-out to check the map(secure and far enough into the woods - or so I thought)all the while writing the "NoiseZ" off as random...

I come back to Ninja-Zombie beating the living hell outta me! Where it came from I could not begin to guess.

Oh darn! Where oh where did I put my med kit!!?!?! Oh that's right an unannounced server reset ate it when I dropped it for 10 seconds (at just the wrong time) to organize and I forgot to replace it.

Middle of nowhere, bleeding profusely I make it to a looted hamlet. 2 more small towns and 5-6 kilometers later: Not one T-shirt, Bandana(which I see constantly except when I need em apparently) nor anything else that can be torn into rags. Luckily I was 100% healthy at the time Ninja-Zombie attacked and was able to finally find a T-shirt in a long barn. Screen white and fuzzy...

I know the Soda/Ammo noises will get me someday too.

Now after my incident I am even more alert/paranoid than I was before!

Toes indeed! haha. <_<

Edited by Zarr

Exactly, it is a feature. Also, lag, desynch, and wall-glitching have been removed from the bug list and are now considered features. But never fear, the entire game is just a placeholder until they get the real one up and ready for early-access alpha testing.

• Like 4

Exactly, it is a feature. Also, lag, desynch, and wall-glitching have been removed from the bug list and are now considered features. But never fear, the entire game is just a placeholder until they get the real one up and ready for early-access alpha testing.

Dude it IS a feature and a great one. I for one want more random noises that freak me out for no reason.

• Like 1

sabre05, on 20 Jul 2014 - 2:29 PM, said:

Get used to it. Ambient sound effects are not a priority to be redone.

Out of curiosity, what is a priority?

• Like 1

everything else ? 

Like desync? Game crashes? Visual glitches? Dozens of current hacks? Phasing zombies?

Let me know when I get to something that is a priority. Because right now I do not see anything being fixed. All I see is problems being ignored while the player base is mollified with various cookies like new gear and towns.

• Like 1

Like desync? Game crashes? Visual glitches? Dozens of current hacks? Phasing zombies?

Let me know when I get to something that is a priority. Because right now I do not see anything being fixed. All I see is problems being ignored while the player base is mollified with various cookies like new gear and towns.

New zombie navmesh is on experimental. 

chillax homie, maybe if you start reading the devblog and other sources you'd get a better idea instead of spewing out uninformed rants....now hush...

• Like 1

Dean stated on Reddit that sound comes near the end..so ..we wait.

• Like 1

{Core}BlackLabel, on 20 Jul 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:{Core}BlackLabel, on 20 Jul 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:

chillax homie, maybe if you start reading the devblog and other sources you'd get a better idea instead of spewing out uninformed rants....now hush...

What was the last major item (not something inane like new gear or towns) that was in the devblog and is not in the game.

Oh and you can shove your hush, I paid for this game just like you and I can comment AS I SEE FIT.

Edited by LimeMobber

OH BUT WE CAN SOON MAKE TENTS.

Im with you.

Surely the basis for an Alpha is for it to set the foundation for a working game. Constantly adding so much pointless stuff without fixing the initial problems, just makes 10x more work in the future with an Alpha, surely.

wow sorry, but you guys are whiney little cunts. NO clue about game development, NO patience ,just ranting....

none forces you to play the game....gah...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

{Core}BlackLabel, on 20 Jul 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:

wow sorry, but you guys are whiney little cunts. NO clue about game development, NO patience ,just ranting....

none forces you to play the game....gah...

Yep, I knew you would eventually devolve into a mouthy little bitch of a fanboi. Nicely done.

I do admit though that I figured you would have two or there more vaguely superior posts first.

• Like 2