TimF

Poll - Why aren't people playing hardcore mode

3pp blah blah shitty blah blah

1pp elite blah imsogood blah blah blah

I will admit that I haven't read every single post in this thread...buuut could you please quote where anyone is saying that here?

thanks

Why are people still allowed to make threads about this? We should sticky a post just like with KoS and merge all new threads into it.

That being said, hardcore mode is pretty crappy. If there was actually something hardcore about it, ala BF4 hardcore mode, then I would play more often but right now it is just a worse version of Regular mode. I don't care if people exploit the 3PP camera because my playstyle is designed to avoid all that shit.

- I don't allow rooftop snipers to get the drop on me, I survey towns from a high vantage point before I enter them.

- Campers have an advantage in both modes so I take measures to draw out campers. I might light a flare and throw it in a part of the town that I have already searched to draw attention. Maybe I will build some fires or blow up a gas station.

- I run through towns quickly and don't hang around inside of buildings. My backpack is always orderly so I always have space to pick up whatever I find. I don't need to waste time clearing space in my backpack.

- I don't camp. This is the easiest way to get killed in 3PP mode. Staying in the same position for too long. You can do this shit in 1PP mode because you are harder to spot but in 3PP mode it is guaranteed death.

TL;DR: Stop making threads about 3PP mode because you think it is unfair. Life is unfair. Deal with it.

• Like 1

Why are people still allowed to make threads about this? We should sticky a post just like with KoS and merge all new threads into it.

That being said, hardcore mode is pretty crappy. If there was actually something hardcore about it, ala BF4 hardcore mode, then I would play more often but right now it is just a worse version of Regular mode. I don't care if people exploit the 3PP camera because my playstyle is designed to avoid all that shit.

- I don't allow rooftop snipers to get the drop on me, I survey towns from a high vantage point before I enter them.

- Campers have an advantage in both modes so I take measures to draw out campers. I might light a flare and throw it in a part of the town that I have already searched to draw attention. Maybe I will build some fires or blow up a gas station.

- I run through towns quickly and don't hang around inside of buildings. My backpack is always orderly so I always have space to pick up whatever I find. I don't need to waste time clearing space in my backpack.

- I don't camp. This is the easiest way to get killed in 3PP mode. Staying in the same position for too long. You can do this shit in 1PP mode because you are harder to spot but in 3PP mode it is guaranteed death.

TL;DR: Stop making threads about 3PP mode because you think it is unfair. Life is unfair. Deal with it.

The only reason they call it hardcore is because for some reason when they released this game they made a 3pp version. 

What do you WANT them to call it?

"3pp mode" and "1pp mode"? 

3PP allows you to go prone on a roof top with your gun and watch as a guy runs around waiting until their back is turned and you have a good shot. All the while not risking any detection whatsoever because you can see down over the edge, but they can't see up over it. 

The only reason I can think of that people would only want to play in this mode with such advantages is if they are the person doing the above or similar. Or they are stupid enough to want an uneven playing field in an inherently competitive game.

• Like 2

3PP allows you to go prone on a roof top with your gun and watch as a guy runs around waiting until their back is turned and you have a good shot. All the while not risking any detection whatsoever because you can see down over the edge, but they can't see up over it. 

I almost want to see how many non-3pp games some people own that play in regular only on Dayz....

just curious

>.>

<.<

Simply put hardcore mode is not why you would expect out of a hardcore mode it's really just 3rd person disabled. Honestly I think people just call it hardcore mode to sound cool but I don't run a server so I don't know if it's a check box that sus hardcore mode.

Here is what I do know! Based on what every argument I've see is is that third person is the more "hardcore" mode right now because that's a minority play style that people can't overcome with first person. All of which I've personally addressed in this post about how to fix and make 3rd person no more of an advantage than first.

And I'd probably make this text real big if I was on my laptop but I'm on my phone.

The only true issue from the third person camera is the "wire" it's on. It designed for vehicle use. Go hop on Battlefield 4 go to a normal server hop in a jeep and toggle third person.

From a vehicles perspective the camera is fine the simple fix is..... See my other responses.

The "hardcore" part isn't about the gamer it's about the effect of the mode (every other hardcore mode is 0 regen, low health, no HUD etc) if third person shooters were "babycore" they never would have made the MLG circuit.

Also I'm a freaking relic I was on my way to the pro circuits when the CPL folded to MLG and guess how many FPS games from PC make the pro circuits now?

There is no better play style here only different ones. Quit acting like a "l33t3st" because you'd don't play mode x or mode y! Wanna be a "hardcore" gamer? Which I honestly think has no defined definition any more, go win a pro circuit tourney get sponsored have a blast then you can run in mine or whoever'a face how you are so "hardcore" until then just have freaking fun! Accept that your style isn't my style and that's ok cause it ain't about that it's about your enjoyment.

And /endrant

#timetobeaunicorn #humansmakemyheadhurt

• Like 1

The only reason they call it hardcore is because for some reason when they released this game they made a 3pp version. 

What do you WANT them to call it?

"3pp mode" and "1pp mode"? 

I think they 1PP and 3PP mode should be able to be configured by server admins. Hardcore and Regular should have actual game design differences (e.g. harder zombies, party system in regular mode, more loot in regular mode, etc.)

• Like 1

The only reason I can think of that people would only want to play in this mode with such advantages is if they are the person doing the above or similar. Or they are stupid enough to want an uneven playing field in an inherently competitive game.

So you are complaining this mode is unfair. If that your the only argument against it don't worry. Rocket made an easymode server type for people just like you. It is called "Hardcore" mode and it is for all of the people complaining that it is unfair that they get killed by a camper in 3PP mode (that probably would have killed them anyway).

There are virtually no one-shot-kills in this game. If you can't play well enough to protect yourself from rooftop snipers (e.g. sticking to cover, observing a city/town BEFORE you enter it) then just stick to the easier, fairer "Hardcore" mode and leave 3PP mode for the true killers.

I think they 1PP and 3PP mode should be able to be configured by server admins. Hardcore and Regular should have actual game design differences (e.g. harder zombies, party system in regular mode, more loot in regular mode, etc.)

well that's all well and good for the future, but for now we'll just stick to perspective differences until the game is actually worth putting the effort to make a true hardcore mode.

I started playing hardcore for only one reason - So people can't see me over/through walls and around corners and generally have a harder time seeing me from places where I can't see them if I look in their direction. It also makes me a bit paranoid though because I can't see over walls or around corners either. But it's better that way.

I also prefer to play on hardcore, since Ofp, I always played on server that force you to use the 1st person.

Like many said, it's also about fairness. 

For me it's simple, if the game is 1st person I will play it, if it's 3rd person I will not.  This applies to all PC games.

Wow, dumbest post I've read so far. You could have a positional advantage in 1st person, but you'd actually have to physically PEEK to take advantage of it. In so doing, you could potentially be shot each time you take a peek to gain information pertaining to your target's whereabouts.

In 3rd person you can physically peek OVER the wall/ledge without exposing yourself. That equals zero risk, which is completely different than 1st person's having to take risks to gain information.

People defending this blow my mind. I guess I have to consider the gap in experience between people on the internet. Some people just wouldn't know any better.

yeah yeah yeah... but before you get to that wall and peek over it.. someone else could just as we'll be on the other side already.. peeking over at you. or that corner.. it is just as balanced lol

quit making it sound like you're the victim when you have just as much opportunity to "peek" as anyone else.

huh? what's that? you CHOOSE not to peek like that? oh.. just like you can choose not to play 3pp servers? interesting...

yeah yeah yeah... but before you get to that wall and peek over it.. someone else could just as we'll be on the other side already.. peeking over at you. or that corner.. it is just as balanced lol

quit making it sound like you're the victim when you have just as much opportunity to "peek" as anyone else.

huh? what's that? you CHOOSE not to peek like that? oh.. just like you can choose not to play 3pp servers? interesting...

Yeah except that you can not get shot when a guy peeks back at you.

So. No. Not just as balanced.

I do not really know what this conversation is about but I had to step in to give you minus points for saying stupid things. Carry on.

you can't really shoot over the wall while you're peeking either direction... can you?

to shoot you'd have to have a direct line of sight yeah?

you were saying something about saying stupid things?

so.. yeah.. just to let ya know

.. and carry on ;)

So you are complaining this mode is unfair. If that your the only argument against it don't worry. Rocket made an easymode server type for people just like you. It is called "Hardcore" mode and it is for all of the people complaining that it is unfair that they get killed by a camper in 3PP mode (that probably would have killed them anyway).

There are virtually no one-shot-kills in this game. If you can't play well enough to protect yourself from rooftop snipers (e.g. sticking to cover, observing a city/town BEFORE you enter it) then just stick to the easier, fairer "Hardcore" mode and leave 3PP mode for the true killers.

You shouldn't post when you're high.

It's called Hardcore because playing in 1st person requires more spatial awareness, better tactics and quicker gun play.

This thread is quickly deteriorating into a hive for some of the dumbest posts I've ever read. Now, apparently Regular is the hard mode, and Hardcore is the easy mode.

Seriously, my mind is blown. What some people will say to defend their position is hilarious.

I have zero issues playing in either mode. I don't know how zombies or other players sneak up on you in Hardcore. Apparently your headset sucks. I don't know why so many people complain about FOV in Hardcore; it's almost EXACTLY the same. Seriously, switch between the two and watch as you're magically able to see another half centimeter on your screen. You can't see your surroundings? Then hold your ALT key, morons. 1st person doesn't represent your peripheral vision in real life? NEITHER DOES ANY OTHER FIRST PERSON GAME. Your peripheral vision also doesn't allow you to see around corners or over ledges, either. Crazy, right?

Honestly, /facepalm.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 5

you can't really shoot over the wall while you're peeking either direction... can you?

to shoot you'd have to have a direct line of sight yeah?

you were saying something about saying stupid things?

so.. yeah.. just to let ya know

.. and carry on ;)

So obviously there is less risk when looking over walls in third person, is there not? 

When you look from first-person, you need to look around corners, hence you can get shot in the face.

No such risk when looking over a wall in third person.

So you would say it is just as safe to get shot in the face as it is to stick a camera above a wall? Obviously, there is not much of value to the object they would be shooting at in your case but for most people, that does not apply.

In other words:

1st person = hard mode

3rd person = easy mode

Just to make sure we're on the same page here.

This thread is quickly deteriorating into a hive for some of the dumbest posts I've ever read. Now, apparently Regular is the hard mode, and Hardcore is the easy mode.

Ah, that explains what I ended up in! Signing out.

• Like 1

You shouldn't post when you're high.

It's called Hardcore because playing in 1st person requires more spatial awareness, better tactics and quicker gun play.

Seriously, my mind is blown. What some people will say to defend their position is hilarious.

I have zero issues playing in either mode. I don't know how zombies or other players sneak up on you in Hardcore. Apparently your headset sucks. I don't know why so many people complain about FOV in Hardcore; it's almost EXACTLY the same. Seriously, switch between the two and watch as you're magically able to see another half centimeter on your screen. You can't see your surroundings? Then hold your ALT key, morons. 1st person doesn't represent your peripheral vision in real life? NEITHER DOES ANY OTHER FIRST PERSON GAME. Your peripheral vision also doesn't allow you to see around corners or over ledges, either. Crazy, right?

Honestly, /facepalm.

• Like 1

Because they suck at everything. From moving to scanning to shooting. If they can't look around corners and snipe from the top of buildings without showing themselves they would not do a single kill. It is obvious that their lack of skill and missing balls makes them pretend 1st person would somehow be buggy, inbalanced and shitty...

The fact that the people on hardcore servers are better players and have way more polite personalities has a simple reason: there are barely kids around.

• Like 1

"Because they suck at everything. It is obvious that their lack of skill and missing balls....."

The fact that the people on hardcore servers are better players and have way more polite personalities has a simple reason: there are barely kids around.

Yep, definitely sounds like hardcore players are more polite. :P

Hardcore fo' life.

Only beginners to FPS games and campers need to look over corners and walls. Flame me all you want, but I'm not the one playing with a handicap.