Sign in to follow this  
Acher0n

Well, that was annoying and stupid...

I spawn at NWAF, do some looting, had about 30 minutes playtime, and then ran to the military base south of the airfield. Did some more looting and logged out in the trees nearby.

Realised I was going to make a thread on here, asking for screen shots of peoples character, from the frontpage and of all the stuff they were carrying in their inventory.

So, i quickly log back in and just pick a random low pop, 8 player server. The game wouldnt load me back onto the previous server.

So, the game loads up, I snap my screenshots, and just as im about to log out, all of a sudden, i hear the sound of eating, and the red broken chain.

Frozen, i should have logged out. I stayed for a few minutes then saw a guy running into the barracks about 50yrds in front of me.

I ran over and covered the entrance with my AK. I've never used the AK in combat before and wanted to try it. I got the feeling he was a server hopper....

He ran out, I unloaded about 12 rounds into him. He started moving slowly and ran away down the side of the barracks. I had to use the rest of the mag, in 3 round bursts, to finally drop him.

I went over, and started looting. Imo, obvious hopper. Lots of decent, high class gear. (This made me realise looting and killing is pointless in this game, because my AK ruined it all).

Like a total idiot, I spent ages trying to get the M4 off his body and swapped with my AK. It wouldnt work, and never has. I've never been able to take a weapon off a body. Maybe this is me, or the design of the game. After a good 3 or 4 minutes of pissing about with this guys loot.... bang bang bang.

Some goof is now stood about 10 yardsaway popping me with a mosin. He hits me twice but doesnt kill me, doesnt even make me bleed or break a bone, but the screen goes a bit grey. He got 30 rounds in the face from the AK.

I walk over to him and try and loot. He had lots too, just as im in the process of stealing his pristine scope for my damaged scope, I hear 3 or 4 shots right next to me and I die.

I lost an AK, mosin with scope, fnx45, magnum, morphine, first aid kit, two canteens, 40 AK rounds, 120 mosin rounds, 80 .45 rounds, 60 9mm rounds, 50 magnum rounds, M9A1 bayonet, pristine UK assault vest and gorka camo, my damn pristine aviators and UN beret, binoculars, two protective cases, 300 round box, etc etc etc.

Im so annoyed for getting sucked into the "oh look shiny things" mentality and sticking with them bodies for so long. I'm also annoyed that i was clearly killed by a gang of hoppers. Chance of 3 guys, all being at that military base on a server with just 8 players? I can only take happiness in the fact that i managed to down two of them, and hopefully they couldnt spawn and get back to their bodies easily. ;)

So yeah, i've decided that combat is counter productive and literally has 0 benefits at all.

Tldr : This website got me killed and lost me all my gear.

Edited by Acher0n

I spawn at NWAF, do some looting, had about 30 minutes playtime, and then ran to the military base south of the airfield. Did some more looting and logged out in the trees nearby.

Realised I was going to make a thread on here, asking for screen shots of peoples character, from the frontpage and of all the stuff they were carrying in their inventory.

So, i quickly log back in and just pick a random low pop, 8 player server. The game wouldnt load me back onto the previous server.

So, the game loads up, I snap my screenshots, and just as im about to log out, all of a sudden, i hear the sound of eating, and the red broken chain.

Frozen, i should have logged out. I stayed for a few minutes then saw a guy running into the barracks about 50yrds in front of me.

I ran over and covered the entrance with my AK. I've never used the AK in combat before and wanted to try it. I got the feeling he was a server hopper....

He ran out, I unloaded about 12 rounds into him. He started moving slowly and ran away down the side of the barracks. I had to use the rest of the mag, in 3 round bursts, to finally drop him.

I went over, and started looting. Imo, obvious hopper. Lots of decent, high class gear. (This made me realise looting and killing is pointless in this game, because my AK ruined it all).

Like a total idiot, I spent ages trying to get the M4 off his body and swapped with my AK. It wouldnt work, and never has. I've never been able to take a weapon off a body. Maybe this is me, or the design of the game. After a good 3 or 4 minutes of pissing about with this guys loot.... bang bang bang.

Some goof is now stood about 10 yardsaway popping me with a mosin. He hits me twice but doesnt kill me, doesnt even make me bleed or break a bone, but the screen goes a bit grey. He got 30 rounds in the face from the AK.

I walk over to him and try and loot. He had lots too, just as im in the process of stealing his pristine scope for my damaged scope, I hear 3 or 4 shots right next to me and I die.

I lost an AK, mosin with scope, fnx45, magnum, morphine, first aid kit, two canteens, 40 AK rounds, 120 mosin rounds, 80 .45 rounds, 60 9mm rounds, 50 magnum rounds, M9A1 bayonet, pristine UK assault vest and gorka camo, my damn pristine aviators and UN beret, binoculars, two protective cases, 300 round box, etc etc etc.

Im so annoyed for getting sucked into the "oh look shiny things" mentality and sticking with them bodies for so long. I'm also annoyed that i was clearly killed by a gang of hoppers. Chance of 3 guys, all being at that military base on a server with just 8 players? I can only take happiness in the fact that i managed to down two of them, and hopefully they couldnt spawn and get back to their bodies easily. ;)

So yeah, i've decided that combat is counter productive and literally has 0 benefits at all.

Tldr : This website got me killed and lost me all my gear.

Uh no your incessant need to loot got you killed.... a few pieces of advice

• Know when you are ahead and back off (you were at NWAF that place always is crawling with people second you offed the first one you should have gathered loot and pulled back because your shots told everyone there exactly where you are)
  • Patients is a virtue (after you drop someone hold back for a few minutes and observe your surroundings, most likely you could have spotted and removed the threats around you if you had done this)
  • Know your Gear (why oh why did you dick around with an M4 when everything that it does the AKM does better)
  • Like 2

Raincoat, unscoped SKS, 30 rounds of ammo, a six pack of Rasputin kvass, and a healthy dose of paranoia. Everything else is just fluff.

Good post.

• Like 1

• Like 4

Yea, but the more combat you see, the better you'll be at it.

With this rationale, KOS every mother effer you see!! :)

you did not approach the situation with a combatant mentality, (something you MUST do at an airfield.)

You approached it with a looter's mentality, and paid the ultimate price for it.

• Like 1

you did not approach the situation with a combatant mentality, (something you MUST do at an airfield.)

You approached it with a looter's mentality, and paid the ultimate price for it.

How about you approach every situation with a survivor's mentality?

He could have survived that encounter without getting involved in combat. He got greedy and got killed. Even if he didn't go and loot the body it would still have been a risk. The worst part is that he didn't even kill quickly, he took so many rounds to kill him, that anyone in earshot instantly smells an AKM for grabs and comes over to him.  

Edited by GeorgieBest
  • Like 3

How about you approach every situation with a survivor's mentality?

He could have survived that encounter without getting involved in combat. He got greedy and got killed. Even if he didn't go and loot the body it would still have been a risk. The worst part is that he didn't even kill quickly, he took so many rounds to kill him, that anyone in earshot instantly smells an AKM for grabs and comes over to him.  

Is that my fault or the fault of the AKM?

Because it felt very very weak, even with confirmed hits.

Greedy, greedy. And that's how it ends. 

Day_Z_18_07_2014_12_16_07_663.jpg

This is what greed does to you. The guy on the left died first, I was in the building with a scaffolding on the left waiting for a friend. Than I saw him from the window looting the car. One bullet to the heart and he's down. Than comes the guy on the right, sees the open car and the body, but he's a smart one, looks around first, SKS in his hands keeping low profile, but than he goes for it, one to the leg that's sticking out and one to the head that appeared in my scope. 

Day_Z_18_07_2014_12_13_46_773.jpg

Edited by General Zod

I rarely loot bodies.. I'm a horrible shot and ruin everything anyway. if I do anything to the bodies it's run up quick enough to click 'bury' and run away

Patients is a virtue (after you drop someone hold back for a few minutes and observe your surroundings, most likely you could have spotted and removed the threats around you if you had done this)

So your saying being a doctor is like some kind a noble character trait?

I dont have the PATIENCE to go to medical school for 10 years....

• Like 2

Yep, AK shots are to DayZ players like blood in the water is to sharks. I've held on to mine for over a month now, likely only because I don't linger after killing someone. Chalk it up to a learning experience. Still haven't found a 70rd drum.

...I see your point. I was only offed by a player once in... Some hours of gameplay. How? Luck, cautiousness, and a tiny amount of skill.

Still, as far as AKs go, they are the single best weapon for short to medium range, and among the best for long range. I've been packing my All-purpose M4 for a couple months now, because it's just that good, for my style of gaming.

I'm a loner, and I try to avoid player interaction. Not that I dislike it, I merely try to be cautious.

...I have no real advice, I'm afraid. Only sympathy.

Lol @ scolding a guy for shooting another guy in a game with AKMs and M4A1s.

Lol @ scolding a guy for shooting another guy in a game with AKMs and M4A1s.

But Rick! There's just TOO MUCH pvp. We need to get into 40 man groups and have loot reach-arounds!

But Rick! There's just TOO MUCH pvp. We need to get into 40 man groups and have loot reach-arounds!

There is never too much PvP.

There is never too much PvP.

Tell that to the PvE fantasy club lol

• Like 1

So your saying being a doctor is like some kind a noble character trait?

I dont have the PATIENCE to go to medical school for 10 years....

oopsie i guess typing that out on my phone wasn't the smartest idea. Thank you for the spell check.