Bigbadchuck

The lone wolf

-snip-

There are a million and one things I've found to do in game for amusement as the lone wolf.

Not all those who wander are lost...

Lately, I have been running around and breaking every chem light and lighting every flare I find in place.  Just to look at the pretty lights at night.  I don't put out my campfires either.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I'm a lone wolf but not by choice, I don't have any real life friends that play this game, and the ones that don't shoot at me usually don't prefer to have anyone tag along.

I'm a lone wolf but not by choice, I don't have any real life friends that play this game, and the ones that don't shoot at me usually don't prefer to have anyone tag along.

Aw! Where are you from?

I am a loner. I roam from town to town doing my own thing. I come across other people from time to time and always approach as a friendly. I will call out to you and let you know I'm friendly. As a loner I usually have some extra ammo and food or bandages to trade. I won't group up with you. If you are headed the same way I am I will head somewhere else. I never camp anywhere. I don't know why some people get agitated that I won't group with them. I am willing to trust strangers somewhat but am also completely willing to Kos if I feel threatened or just have a bad feeling about you. Am I the only one content to spend the apocalypse alone? I just don't see any benifits to being in a group. I am a lone wolf and love it.

Nopes, I pretty much enjoy the apocalypse by my lonesome - I have interesting encounters with random people, some friendly - some not. I very rarely group up, it has happened once or twice - but I don't mind sitting taking a break from what I was doing and just sit down and talk for a while.

Lone wolfing is no fun.

There's no one to sneak up on the person you're distracting to murder them

I don't often play seriously (refer to Death By Crowbar's excellent list), but when I do, it's generally by myself. I prefer observing than involving myself in conflict, for I find it to be rather interesting how players like to player.

• Like 1

Nopes, I pretty much enjoy the apocalypse by my lonesome - I have interesting encounters with random people, some friendly - some not. I very rarely group up, it has happened once or twice - but I don't mind sitting taking a break from what I was doing and just sit down and talk for a while.

Chat for a while? About what?

When I run into other people in DayZ the last thing I consider 'm is chat-worthy material.

I don't often play seriously (refer to Death By Crowbar's excellent list), but when I do, it's generally by myself. I prefer observing than involving myself in conflict, for I find it to be rather interesting how players like to player.

Hmmm...I too enjoy the Lucretian style of DayZ every now and then

"It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another."

• Like 1

I just follow people around and kill them; usually much to their chagrin. ;3

I love stalking people. The best is when they logout in a forest and you get a free kill.

Chat for a while? About what?

When I run into other people in DayZ the last thing I consider 'm is chat-worthy material.

Pretty much anything that is not the weather, either in character or just about the game in general, or just asking where they're from and such - which is why coffee, or vodka is severely needed in this game.

I don't really trust anyone well enough to turn my back from them, but I reckon that if they had wanted to kill me (given if they have a visible weapon), they would have done so prior to the conversation.

Cardinal rule though, when I'm at the airfields, a military base or a police building - if it moves and have a weapon, I'll shoot first or just leave the area and I never approach groups of people.

I know it will one day get me killed, but to quote PZ "This is the story of how you died"

My friend that got me into dayz abandoned it so now I just roam. I'll log on with no destination in mind other than to travel the map aimlessly. I think it's much more exciting to just happen upon an airfield or city town rather than "making a B line" to it for gear. Sometimes I find people in way out places that are capable of having a decent conversation.

Pretty much anything that is not the weather, either in character or just about the game in general, or just asking where they're from and such - which is why coffee, or vodka is severely needed in this game.

I don't really trust anyone well enough to turn my back from them, but I reckon that if they had wanted to kill me (given if they have a visible weapon), they would have done so prior to the conversation.

Cardinal rule though, when I'm at the airfields, a military base or a police building - if it moves and have a weapon, I'll shoot first or just leave the area and I never approach groups of people.

I know it will one day get me killed, but to quote PZ "This is the story of how you died"

I suppose that when you play alone, meeting others is less awkward. I only play with my teammates so it's usually a whole bunch of people surrounding one person who can't wait to get out of there or there's another group which just makes the situation tense. Most of the time both parties just want to depart quickly.

Don't you get robbed a lot being alone? The few times I've been on my own, I was held at gunpoint more often than not.

Last night my travels brought me to svetlo. Figured I'd make my way to the police station and see what kinda trouble I could get I to. Sure enough I find a guy fresh spawned looting the cars out side. I keep him at gun point but drop him a water bottle and a bandage. He wanted to follow me but I told him I'm better off alone. So I head for the next town down the tracks with the fire station. He followed me at a distance. I don't like that so I hid around the junk yard on the outskirts of that town and as he passed I gunned him down. Last thing I need is a fresh spawn following me. Just irritates me

I usually play DayZ with a buddy (we had a five man army at one point), but he doesn't play a lot anymore.

So I joined a clan to play with people. It's added security.