maninthewall

Why would you leave the North-east corner? Ever?

Been there, destroyed that. Oh those early days where I had no idea about my bearings...

Oh, I would really enjoy a good shave after all this surviving. And a shower and maybe some Anti-Pimple-Cream and Make-up :-)

And decorations for our prettyful homes!

And dresses please! High Heels optional, of course.

I mean, come on! It's the Apocalypse and you're wearing THAT??? :D

Why not!  :lol:

Not all of us want to play Call of DayZ.  Lol I can't wait till the actually put in survival and stupid threads like this won't be asking about "Why would you leave the NEAF?"  to more, "why am I freezing and starving to death all the time?"

• Like 4

Not all of us want to play Call of DayZ.  Lol I can't wait till the actually put in survival and stupid threads like this won't be asking about "Why would you leave the NEAF?"  to more, "why am I freezing and starving to death all the time?"

The angriest man on the internet, glad to see you again! How have things been? 

Why would anyone want to stay in the North-East corner?? Ever?

Its nothing but a douche-infested deathtrap, full of insta action He-man's and theyr'e "no scope, one shot" troll friends....

When i started my first character, in December at launch, i ran directly west and i have not gone further east then electro, since then.

Im living the dream in the South-West corner. Got everything i could ever dream about, theres no kids harassing me 24/7 and the people i run into there actually wants to play the game.

By that i dont mean its a carebear heaven, where we sit around a camp fire all night, singing songs and sharing food, but ive run into all kinds of people out there. Survivors, REAL bandits, heroes and the occational screaming 14 year old.

In the North-East theres only two kinds of people, and i was describing them, in the above paragraph ;)

Seriously, i have no idea why people stick around there.

• Like 1

The angriest man on the internet, glad to see you again! How have things been?

Oh hi, the stupidest man on the internet. I see your still posting stupid things Edited by Caboose187

Oh hi, the stupidest man on the internet. I see your still posting stupid things

First and last warning. Dont insult forum members.

L

This..... :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: 

Now only if they made gear more scarce... 

Once it gets closer to beta you will have this.. Gearing up will become much much more difficult as this game gets closer to full release.

• Like 1

Once it gets closer to beta you will have this.. Gearing up will become much much more difficult as this game gets closer to full release.

Man, you just made me smile. 

Less gear, more Zed.  Please make this happen devs.

• Like 2

I just had a firefight in Staroye 20 mins ago and it's one of few fights/player encounters I've had outside of Military bases or the NE of the map [since the south coast spawns were wiped], 2 lads ran up to the police station and I heard them, they staked me out and told me to come out and surrender, so naturally I waited and riddled them with an MP5 when they came in. Then I got session lost before I could trawl through what wasn't full of 9mm on their corpses, gg ISP...

I disagree with you, kinda/sorta. The game is about survival, but unless you are talking PVP survival, it would be the most boring game in the world. Most have said it at some time or another, but the game is about player interaction. I don't care how big and bad you make the zombies, other players will always be the scarier element.

If you are enjoying the hunting cows and fishing, along with the cooking and that is your main part of the game, "just wow". So far, this game has zero difficulty for surviving the PVE world, absolutely zero. If you think the PVP has become boring, then I can't imagine what you find enjoyable. If they make the changes they have talked about, we are still 6+ months away from a playable PVE experience. Until then, strap on the AKM, and enjoy the ride. There isn't anything else to do.

What happens when they add hordes of zombies? You wont be able to camp and wait for prey. You wont be able to enter towns as easily, especially if they reduce the ammo spawn. Also if they remove server hopping this game will become more about pve than what it is now.

Right now buildings and stairs are more of a threat than zombies

• Like 1

As someone who just actively started playing, I can say that I'm not really enjoying the North East Corner. I'm not part of a clan and the amount of KOS'ers in the area have made it a little too frustrating to see the area. Although I am thankful for this thread, because now I know that if I want to explore and not have to worry, as much, about Bandits and KOS;ers, I should head west. If only this noob wouldn't get lost so easily in the woods, haha.

• Like 1

As someone who just actively started playing, I can say that I'm not really enjoying the North East Corner. I'm not part of a clan and the amount of KOS'ers in the area have made it a little too frustrating to see the area. Although I am thankful for this thread, because now I know that if I want to explore and not have to worry, as much, about Bandits and KOS;ers, I should head west. If only this noob wouldn't get lost so easily in the woods, haha.

Thats the beauty of this game, no matter where u go, you will come across a road, just follow it and u will come to a town. This game isnt a true survival game just yet but it will get there hopefully

I play almost from first days of release, and I follow forums where are PvP areas, and I dont go there. Screw you Call of Crappy kids, Ghosts was too expensive for you?? Just wondering around, looking for food and suplies and killing zombies is my game. 

• Like 1

these threads crack me up.. however well intended or politely put they always come off with a hint of "my way is awesome and every other play style is shit!" lol

What happens when they add hordes of zombies? You wont be able to camp and wait for prey. You wont be able to enter towns as easily, especially if they reduce the ammo spawn. Also if they remove server hopping this game will become more about pve than what it is now.

Right now buildings and stairs are more of a threat than zombies

That is what makes it interesting, yet frustrating. We see what they have so far, and we see a lot of potential. Hordes of zombies may be an issue, though it might depend on the stealth detection. What would be fun might be throwing a flare around a player so that the horde attacks him. 

Then again, we have no idea what the servers will be able to handle in the future. Will it be 100 person servers but the same amount of zombies, or hordes of zombies on 40 man servers, or something that has both??? We know that the game has sold a lot more than anticipated, and we don't know how many more it will sell, or how hard BI will push it. The game in it's current state is not survival at all. If the hunting mechanics and cooking mechanics are close to finished product, then it never will be a survival game, imo. But I also understand that having an area of the game where players can just go and 'get away from it all' is somewhat important. It's not my style, but I'm only a single player among millions.

That is what makes it interesting, yet frustrating. We see what they have so far, and we see a lot of potential. Hordes of zombies may be an issue, though it might depend on the stealth detection. What would be fun might be throwing a flare around a player so that the horde attacks him. 

Then again, we have no idea what the servers will be able to handle in the future. Will it be 100 person servers but the same amount of zombies, or hordes of zombies on 40 man servers, or something that has both??? We know that the game has sold a lot more than anticipated, and we don't know how many more it will sell, or how hard BI will push it. The game in it's current state is not survival at all. If the hunting mechanics and cooking mechanics are close to finished product, then it never will be a survival game, imo. But I also understand that having an area of the game where players can just go and 'get away from it all' is somewhat important. It's not my style, but I'm only a single player among millions.

True, I think when this game was released devs talked about issues about number of zombies current engine/servers can hold. I hoped the lack of zombies was due to game being alpha, but 7months on and zombies aren't fixed or more added, it's a bit of a worry. However most on this forum don't really care as long as they get cars and helicopters.

They added that monkey zombie, I have no idea who thought that would be cool, that person should be fired immediately, but all they did was copy it from the mod, to make it seem they were actually doing something. Another bug added, this zombie is hard to kill and when you run into him you are launched in the air due to his low stance, a simple collider would be sufficent to fix this, however this is dayz, nothing is simple for these devs.

True, I think when this game was released devs talked about issues about number of zombies current engine/servers can hold. I hoped the lack of zombies was due to game being alpha, but 7months on and zombies aren't fixed or more added, it's a bit of a worry. However most on this forum don't really care as long as they get cars and helicopters.

They added that monkey zombie, I have no idea who thought that would be cool, that person should be fired immediately, but all they did was copy it from the mod, to make it seem they were actually doing something. Another bug added, this zombie is hard to kill and when you run into him you are launched in the air due to his low stance, a simple collider would be sufficent to fix this, however this is dayz, nothing is simple for these devs.

The crouching zombie is awesome, harder to hit, hits harder, and much better than the Mod version. In the mod he runs up, then stands up to hit you. Here he has his own animation for moving and others for attacking. It is definitely NOT a "copy it from the mod" thing. I'm sorry you find them difficult to deal with but that doesn't mean it is a "bug". 

It's nice having threats at multiple levels instead of just panning the gun around at one level going, "Head, head, head,"

• Like 1

Man, you just made me smile.

Less gear, more Zed. Please make this happen devs.

I feel the same..

Theres been a few comments ive seen so far.. Weapons, ammo, canned foods. Those are on the list for items to become much more rarer. Seeing as crafted backpacks and such is starting to become a thing more, I would imagine alot of the noncrafted items will make it on that list as well.

Its all suppose to start I believe when they begin balancing the hive and such. Im guessing this will probably be the earliest time we see a character reset as well.

Edited by cels

better zombies, unforgiving climate, more challenging surviving mechanics and the need to catch some breath after the stamina system is added will bring some excitement back to dayz for me. 

I still don't get why the devs gave people the option to make their own servers. There should only be offical servers so that the servers would be full as they are supposed to.

The crouching zombie is awesome, harder to hit, hits harder, and much better than the Mod version. In the mod he runs up, then stands up to hit you. Here he has his own animation for moving and others for attacking. It is definitely NOT a "copy it from the mod" thing. I'm sorry you find them difficult to deal with but that doesn't mean it is a "bug". 

It's nice having threats at multiple levels instead of just panning the gun around at one level going, "Head, head, head,"

Did you even read what the bug was, hitting them is not a bug, read my post properly in the future pls

Did you even read what the bug was, hitting them is not a bug, read my post properly in the future pls

I did... You experience a bug that I do not which is launching yourself from running into them. Why would you be running into a zombie in the first place... because you don't know how to deal with them which took all of 1 encounter with them to figure out they lunge at you and how to dodge it.  So as stated, I'm sorry you haven't figured out how to deal with them and encounter the "bug".

better zombies, unforgiving climate, more challenging surviving mechanics and the need to catch some breath after the stamina system is added will bring some excitement back to dayz for me. 

I still don't get why the devs gave people the option to make their own servers. There should only be offical servers so that the servers would be full as they are supposed to.

if they didnt have private servers, the dayz mod would have been dead long ago, and we wouldnt have the standalone now. there is a reason official servers are never full, because most people dont want to play on them.

Edited by hellcat420