maninthewall

Why would you leave the North-east corner? Ever?

For the last three or four months, I've been in the north-east corner of the map, all the time.

Honestly, the lack of players on a server make this game extremely boring if you go in-land a few kilometers (Except Krasno, NEAF, Novo etc.) Even with 40 players.

It's just constant running, looting, no "horror" as this game is suppose to deliver in a way.

Go on a 40 man server, there's no point going in land, since everything is looted. Go on a semi pop server (10-20 players) and you won't even have to worry about them. Because they're obviously in the popular NE corner, or near military spawns.

I'm not moving out of the north east until base building and vehicles are in, the game was so much fun during the 100 player exp servers, and I hope they're working to get them back. 

Even 150 would be better. With so many players, you are forced to loot with caution, and being careful when inland, not just straight running around like a jackass and yet being rewarded for that. .

I really want to question how most of you can enjoy this game by running far in-land, running around picking up loot, I mean sure I guess it's a lot more enjoyable with some company, but still, this game is currently about PvP and interactions.. After 560 hours played I've finally understood why people call this a running simulator..

Not a rant, I love this game ) 

Edited by ManInTheWall
  • Like 3

Maybe when they add ability to grow a beard after surviving few days you'll leave to the North to get your manly beard?

• Like 9

Maybe when they add ability to grow a beard after surviving few days you'll leave to the North to get your manly beard?

I'll still survive as long in the north east as outside it, mate  ;)

Took me 1 hr to respawn in berezino and run to balota... Looting along the way... Met a few people along the way, fought one, recruited another, was fully geared at the end of the hour minus a couple attachments...

Never once went north east nor felt the need to.

Since then I've run to the Nwaf, got in two firefights and held a lone wolf up for shit's and gigs...

That was last night's play session, fuck the north east...

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 14

I have been living in the west side of the map for a while now.  Honestly, I see no reason to go to the east side at all anymore.  So next time I respawn, it will be a quick loot on my way out of town and head inland until I reach the more populated western areas.

• Like 2

For the last three or four months, I've been in the north-east corner of the map, all the time.

Honestly, the lack of players on a server make this game extremely boring if you go in-land a few kilometers (Except Krasno, NEAF, Novo etc.) Even with 40 players.

It's just constant running, looting, no "horror" as this game is suppose to deliver in a way.

Go on a 40 man server, there's no point going in land, since everything is looted. Go on a semi pop server (10-20 players) and you won't even have to worry about them. Because they're obviously in the popular NE corner, or near military spawns.

I'm not moving out of the north east until base building and vehicles are in, the game was so much fun during the 100 player exp servers, and I hope they're working to get them back. 

Even 150 would be better. With so many players, you are forced to loot with caution, and being careful when inland, not just straight running around like a jackass and yet being rewarded for that. .

I really want to question how most of you can enjoy this game by running far in-land, running around picking up loot, I mean sure I guess it's a lot more enjoyable with some company, but still, this game is currently about PvP and interactions.. After 560 hours played I've finally understood why people call this a running simulator..

well a lot of people go inland because this game is about survival, not playing cod with zombies in the background. getting into firefights gets boring pretty quickly with the crappy gunplay this game currently has.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 5

While I agree that this game is about player interactions (which mostly end up being hostile), I am so sick and tired of Berezino and surrounding area. It wasn't nearly this bad when Elektrozavodsk was the main hot spot, as you had a lot of surrounding area to explore when you wanted to take a few hours off from killing other people to resupply and heal. Now it's just Berezino/Cernaya Polana/Novodmitrovsk/what's left of NEAF.

• Like 2

I made my home in the west near the coast, Tulga to be exact. For me I enjoy going hunting in the mornings, looting around noon for bandages and such, filling up a couple of canteens and watching the fields via bino's in the afternoon, and BBQ'ing my deer or boar in the evenings.

On a medium pop server that gives me enough chances to meet someone, kill or be killed, and watch the sunset if the latter doesn't happen.

Up in the northwest... I don't know man, it's mostly KOS and fresh pawns knocking you out, it's just not my way of enjoying this game. Hence the west, far enough inland to stay out of trouble, close enough to the coast to loot a little if the weather is nice :-)

• Like 4

well a lot of people go inland because this game is about survival, not playing cod with zombies in the background. getting into firefights gets boring pretty quickly with the crappy gunplay this game currently has.

I disagree with you, kinda/sorta. The game is about survival, but unless you are talking PVP survival, it would be the most boring game in the world. Most have said it at some time or another, but the game is about player interaction. I don't care how big and bad you make the zombies, other players will always be the scarier element.

If you are enjoying the hunting cows and fishing, along with the cooking and that is your main part of the game, "just wow". So far, this game has zero difficulty for surviving the PVE world, absolutely zero. If you think the PVP has become boring, then I can't imagine what you find enjoyable. If they make the changes they have talked about, we are still 6+ months away from a playable PVE experience. Until then, strap on the AKM, and enjoy the ride. There isn't anything else to do.

I disagree with you, kinda/sorta. The game is about survival, but unless you are talking PVP survival, it would be the most boring game in the world. Most have said it at some time or another, but the game is about player interaction. I don't care how big and bad you make the zombies, other players will always be the scarier element.

If you are enjoying the hunting cows and fishing, along with the cooking and that is your main part of the game, "just wow". So far, this game has zero difficulty for surviving the PVE world, absolutely zero. If you think the PVP has become boring, then I can't imagine what you find enjoyable. If they make the changes they have talked about, we are still 6+ months away from a playable PVE experience. Until then, strap on the AKM, and enjoy the ride. There isn't anything else to do.

there is no difficulty in ambushing people and gunning them down in this game either, so whats your point? different people like doing different things. i did the cod thing for a while when the sa came out, it got really boring and tedious pretty fast. there are plenty of other games i play that do gunplay much better than this game. currently i play to check out updates at this point and thats about it. but nobody can honestly say what is the "right way" to play the game, or what is fun or not for other people. and what i find enjoyable is challenging games, and there is nothing challenging about pvp or pve in this game currently. the other thing that makes pvp pretty boring in this game is the fact that we have disposable characters. death has no negative impact. losing gear is not a big deal, and it never will be, and currently, a character dieing has no negative impact either.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 2

I made my home in the west near the coast, Tulga to be exact. For me I enjoy going hunting in the mornings, looting around noon for bandages and such, filling up a couple of canteens and watching the fields via bino's in the afternoon, and BBQ'ing my deer or boar in the evenings.

On a medium pop server that gives me enough chances to meet someone, kill or be killed, and watch the sunset if the latter doesn't happen.

Up in the northwest... I don't know man, it's mostly KOS and fresh pawns knocking you out, it's just not my way of enjoying this game. Hence the west, far enough inland to stay out of trouble, close enough to the coast to loot a little if the weather is nice :-)

This post really confused me. Is there a second Tulga in the west? The only Tulga I know of is less than 1km from the far South-East coast..

• Like 2

I played heaps of the mod and I find that I now enjoy just running around learning the map. With choppers and cars you usually stick to the roads so you don't ruin your vehicle. (Far to easy to do in the mod.) With choppers you fly from point a to b or go pick up a newly spawned mate and bring them back to your base or their tent. 

Now I am learning the map on foot and it is completely satisfying. I think if you're going to hand out in one spot the whole time once we do get vehicles you are going to be at a disadvantage. Your car or chopper or bike or horse is going to die. You're going to need to parachute out or dismount or go find a tire or engine and you aren't going to have any idea where you are.

Like others said though it sounds like the OP is just in it for the PVP so each to their own but once this games becomes more complete I am going to know soooo much more about the new and existing areas than the rest of my friends who are still playing the mod. A good skill to have. 

• Like 2

This post really confused me. Is there a second Tulga in the west? The only Tulga I know of is less than 1km from the far South-East coast..

Yep, South east, I got confused myself a few moments ago. Sorry, was a rough day :-P

I, too believe that the Northeast portion of the map is quite vacant and I tend to travel there to settle a camp and live the land of killing animals for the meat and remaining safe without taking a risk from a player or a zombie throughout the course of my survival.

I believe players tend to go to landmarks and other points of interest for many reasons. This includes the following.

• Increase interaction, this may include socializing or obtaining loot for many reasons.
  • Assists with navigation of a large map.
  • Sightseeing.. A lot of new content is added for the map so it peaks curiosity.
  • Like 1

This..... :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: 

Now only if they made gear more scarce...  I made my home at the end of the railroad at the little industrial area north of Lopatino.  Good huntin in that neck of the woods.

• Like 2

This..... :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: 

Now only if they made gear more scarce...  I made my home at the end of the railroad at the little industrial area north of Lopatino.  Good huntin in that neck of the woods.

That's exactly where I live, too. I just hunt during the day and collect rain water when I can. And at sunset I light a campfire up on the hills and cook dinner. All while watching over the towns and fields below from a distance with my binoculars.

• Like 2

After 560 hours played I've finally understood why people call this a running simulator..

It took you over 500 his to realise this?

• Like 1

To me the feeling of isolation is a big part of dayz, being alone but seeing the player list fill starts the tension building. You know any one of those players could be in the same town as you at any time. It feeds the paranoia....the "what was that" or "did I just hear..." stuff starts happening.

For me 50 people per server would be fine. OK so atm with no basebuilding or camping it seems quiet. But I played a server with 75 players on the mod and at least 25 of them were camp hunting. That ment you couldn't keep a campsite up for more than a day or two. And the cost was just like a battlefield map.

To me ya should feel lonely in the apocalypse, not bumping into someone every 2 mins. It should be an event...."OMG another person....I hope they friendly" sorta thing. If I want to bump into players all the time, and get into a firefight in every town il go play some wasteland on A2, better ballistics there for PvP anyways. I want dayz to have that desolate, abandoned feel to most towns :)

• Like 8

Exploring, looting, chilling killing zombies. I find that fun. I'm probably going to have to wait for private servers to get the kind of PVE difficulty that is neccesary, but I can't be arsed to play on full servers with the community this bad. Gone back to the Mods' (vanilla and some epoch pve) until pathfinding and persistant items are done.

Edited by AgentNe0

I laughed for real reading  - playing cod with zombies in the background

There are tones of areas along the western north and south inland that are rich with weapons and supplies. Thats why I leave the area you stay at.

Edited by Deathlove

I would love to stay near the players, but seeing as how the NE being the spawn area, there ARE NO PLAYERS there, other than naked fresh spawns.

I take HOURS to run to the SW airfield to gear up, but I do usually end up moving up the east coast to around Electro to find people.

I would love to stay near the players, but seeing as how the NE being the spawn area, there ARE NO PLAYERS there, other than naked fresh spawns.

I take HOURS to run to the SW airfield to gear up, but I do usually end up moving up the east coast to around Electro to find people.

Man, a dev just told you why the spawns are there. You are a tester atm and they want as many of us as poss up north testing out  the new map locations. Towards end of development they will probs be more spread out in a way that benefits gameplay. Simples :)

Beyond that Electro is miles from player spawns, get to Berezino if you want to meet a lot of people, that place is the new wild wild west (or east lol).

Whats wrong with an hours run to the one of the best loot site on the map. We shouldn't be spawning anywhere near mill loot ever, the game is about survival....so surviving to a place where you can get top tier loot should be a challenge eventually. The mod had it structured great....NWA only place to get most big guns, and slower run speed. Now there is mill loot everywhere, no need to go to Balota to gear :)

PS even in mod could go from Electro to Devils in 27mins....dunno how its takin an hour to get to Balota from a spawn :P

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Whats wrong with an hours run to the one of the best loot site on the map. We shouldn't be spawning anywhere near mill loot ever, the game is about survival....so surviving to a place where you can get top tier loot should be a challenge eventually. The mod had it structured great....NWA only place to get most big guns, and slower run speed. Now there is mill loot everywhere, no need to go to Balota to gear :)

Blah blah blah, I don't care I just want to have fun.

Blah blah blah, I don't care I just want to have fun.

Ahhh I see you just want uber lootz handed to ya with 0 effort.....many games for that....this isn't that game ;)

• Like 6