blunce

Anyone Interested In a Meet & Greet? (July 13, Sun.) [Clip inside]

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have a meet & greet with the DayZ community?

• Let's do it!
    • Not interested.

I didn't even make it to the group lol.

I died making my way there and spawned in a new town which completely threw me (haven't played for a bit), finally I got to Novy Lug and knew where I was but the session ended :/

• Like 3

I made it there. I didn't kill anyone. I feel that I've taken a first step towards heroism.

• Like 4

I'm sorry I missed this. It looks like there was much sexy time to be had. 

• Like 1

For me it was a dissapointing meet, but maybe I expected the wrong thing. I didn't see any trading, no quiz, no general talk. In the end the group went to NWAF (why again?) where it turned in to a simple pvp session against outside players. Actually it was the same experience as with other games and big groups - it never really works out as intended. Anyhow, thanks for the initiative blunce and I hope one day we still get to play Irish's quiz and maybe get to trading / giving away stuff.

Cheers guys :beans:

There was some trading & laughs going on in the beginning, but yes, not the outcome everyone had hoped. It's not easy rallying up 40 strangers with guns. lol

I ended up dying, but oh well. Was fun while it lasted  :)

• Like 3

It started of good.  There was some trading, I cooked up some steaks and there was some buffoonery going on.  All in all it was good.  A little chaotic but as blunce just stated, it's very difficult to get 40 strangers to listen and pay attention to what's going on.

Did anyone ever find that motorbike helmet killer?

It started of good.  There was some trading, I cooked up some steaks and there was some buffoonery going on.  All in all it was good.  A little chaotic but as blunce just stated, it's very difficult to get 40 strangers to listen and pay attention to what's going on.

Did anyone ever find that motorbike helmet killer?

If I'm correct I met him outside of the firestation but he killed another and was also killed himself. I heard accusations of duping by him, not sure though. Soon after I left the session to watch the world cup soccer final (and still am watching).

Yeah I died, some scrub shot me while I was bandaging so yeah. Nothing I can't replace. M4, all the attachments. Oh well. Still worth it for sure! :D Had tons of fun.

The security leader died? Wow...

Yeah, fun idea but I am definitely glad I wasn't able to make it knowing that I would have almost certainly died. Being killed fairly while playing is different than dying during an event like this. I don't wanna loose all my gear like that!

Who were the killers? Did everyone just start having a kill-fest or did some trolls show up?

There was some trading & laughs going on in the beginning, but yes, not the outcome everyone had hoped. It's not easy rallying up 40 strangers with guns. lol

I ended up dying, but oh well. Was fun while it lasted   :)

Hah. Good point. The guns part probably had something to do with the kill-fest. :P

Edited by angel_eyes42

Goodbye "Act III". You were probably my favorite guy at the meet.  Didn't talk much, I was the guy with the red hoodie.  At least you didn't see the bullet that killed you at NWAf. :(

P.S. What's with you and hunting? It's pitch black out, let's go hunting; It's daytime, let's go hunting; Someone died, let's go hunting; we're going to NWAF, let's hunt along the way

Edited by Peanutbutter60
  • Like 4

That whole thing was a ton of fun.. chaotic, but it was really cool seeing so many people at Devils Castle all at once.. the night, and the lights just really added to the ambiance. Great stuff :D

P.S. What's with you and hunting? It's pitch black out, let's go hunting; It's daytime, let's go hunting; Someone died, let's go hunting; we're going to NWAF, let's hunt along the way

This. I was the bow guy with you two on one of the hunting trips.

We almost got that rabbit...

• Like 1

This. I was the bow guy with you two on one of the hunting trips.

We almost got that rabbit...

Grapple you were hunting a rabbit with an effing bow you mad man?! LOL

BTW, I think it was you.. but I got those track pants ;) 

Grapple you were hunting a rabbit with an effing bow you mad man?! LOL

BTW, I think it was you.. but I got those track pants ;)

What color were they?

And yeah, i went after it wit a bow, after i missed it with a clip from my amphibia :/

• Like 1

Goodbye "Act III". You were probably my favorite guy at the meet.  Didn't talk much, I was the guy with the red hoodie.  At least you didn't see the bullet that killed you at NWAf. :(

You have that sweet as backpack, the red one?  If so I think we made out.

• Like 1

You have that sweet as backpack, the red one?  If so I think we made out.

I don't seem to recall... then again.. I did have quite a few drinks that night... 

• Like 2

I didn't even make it to the group lol.

I died making my way there and spawned in a new town which completely threw me (haven't played for a bit), finally I got to Novy Lug and knew where I was but the session ended :/

You were pissed before it started mate, last I recall was train tracks lol.

I don't seem to recall... then again.. I did have quite a few drinks that night... 

Was this you?

r28ee53.jpg

If so ........

• Like 2

Here's a snippet of what I got:

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

For me it was a dissapointing meet, but maybe I expected the wrong thing. I didn't see any trading, no quiz, no general talk. In the end the group went to NWAF (why again?) where it turned in to a simple pvp session against outside players. Actually it was the same experience as with other games and big groups - it never really works out as intended. Anyhow, thanks for the initiative blunce and I hope one day we still get to play Irish's quiz and maybe get to trading / giving away stuff.

Cheers guys :beans:

Yea, some of us took too long to get to Devil's Castle, which made everyone bail to NWAF.

Was still cool meeting some folks, although Blunce and I met our demise once we finally linked up. Lol

I say we try this again soon, making sure the people who are really interested make their way to the rendezvous point prior to the Meet. Blunce, Madwookie and Irish (Quiz too) put time and effort into this Meet, and I feel like shit that we didn't give it our full attention. With that being said, it was the first, and I'm sure it'll go smoother next time.

Will be posting pics and vids soon. Especially when I died, because I have no clue as to how. Just heard gun shots, boom dead. Lol

Edited by Vex_Vehix

Sorry I let you down, IRIIIIISH! :(

Edited by Vex_Vehix

Sorry I let you down, IRIIIIISH! :(

No man, you were there in teamspeak at least! ;)

Ive got video inbound... the title is going to be 

LIGHTFOOT, GRINDER, and the great dayz forum meet&greet...

stay tuned

Perhaps private messaging the meeting point will be better than making it public.  I do like the randomness in who could show up tho but it makes it rather difficult for a proper meet n greet when guns are blazing :p.  Maybe a tighter security group would be better, eh? :D

Perhaps private messaging the meeting point will be better than making it public.  I do like the randomness in who could show up tho but it makes it rather difficult for a proper meet n greet when guns are blazing :P.  Maybe a tighter security group would be better, eh? :D

We've learned from our mistakes, & will adjust accordingly come the next meeting.  ;)

• Like 2

LIGHTFOOT

Trent Heavyfist was there as well, yes.

• Like 1

I have some good video, unfortunately it did not record the TS audio. Missed some funny commentary. :( I'll have to check my settings for next time.

Hope to play with some on you on a regular basis. Had lots of laughs just listening.

Add me of Steam if anything.

Vex_Vehix

• Like 3