Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

Do you want moderation of the mods on DayZ?

Do you want moderation of the mods that will come to standalone.   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want moderation of the mods that will come to standalone. e

• No I do not want moderation of the mods coming to standalone allow moderators to run wild like they did in the mod
    • Yes have moderation to avoid how dayz mod turned out happening in standalon

This has been brought up many times in conversation from people saying mods destroyed dayz and that mods made the game great. Just a simple question here, do you want moderation of the mods coming to standalone to keep dayz to an extent what the developers want it to be, or do you want moderators to be able to run wild which will lead into how dayz mod turned out. 

Once private servers come into play I doubt there can ever be moderation tbh. It would simply be impossible. I think Epoch and other bullshit 10423987324781 vehicle servers will make a return, but at the same time so will DayZero.

The mods will be completely free and open to do what they want.

you cant have innovation without freedom to push boundaries.

Vanilla hive servers = no mods

Private hives = free to do whatever they want.

Which was an utter failure...

Sadly DayZero was made to be the PvP vanilla mod. Good mod but concentrated only on PvP and suiting PvP only without survival PvE part.

DayZero was an amazing mod.. if you didnt like it, then yes you did not like PVP but thats the beauty of mods, no? You can pick and choose which mod, server, hive, and community best fits you.

I personally found my home at BMRF.me and Z.nu's DayZero servers (in my humble opinion the BEST moderated and whitelised community to ever hit dayz). I must have logged well over 2,000 hours of play in less than 1 year. A really damn good year of gaming I must add.. (im not joking my clan [KOS] was huge, and always in some battle so I would frequently get sucked into 10+ hour gaming sessions) 

I still get PTSD at the NWAF  :P

Edited by lrish

Some kind of monitoring needs to be in place to keep some Modders from monetizing their Mods or stealing code without proper consent from BI.

Examples like Zoombies(shutdown) for Arma 3 and "Insert Mod here" for DayZ Mod. Taking scripts from others and inserting them into the game then calling them yours or outright stealing assets/code is ridiculous. Then not releasing the Mod to the masses and monetizing it because you call it yours, when in actuality it's someone else's scripts/assets, shit like this needs to be addressed.

I'm all for modding but some of the asinine BS that these Modders did has to be kept in check. You can say that Modders need full reign and be able to do what they want, but to keep the shit(mentioned above) from happening again there has to be some structure to the process, not just a willy nilly approach like the Mod.

I think also with the way private hives are going to be, I'm not sure if pay 2 win loadouts and such are going to be possible. Which is a good thing.

Watching the RTX Vid this morning, Brian Hicks did confirm that Steam Workshop will be utilized for Mods.

As long as 3000 vehicles, donor loadouts, spawn with weapons, and increased weapon spawns are banned, I don't mind. Increased weapon spawns includes adding barracks' to places barracks' shouldn't be. For the most part, those were all scripts, not mods, but as far as I know, that's what everyone means. 

As long as 3000 vehicles, donor loadouts, spawn with weapons, and increased weapon spawns are banned, I don't mind. Increased weapon spawns includes adding barracks' to places barracks' shouldn' t be. For the most part, those were all scripts, not mods, but as far as I know, that's what everyone means. 

It's sort of arbitrary to say that modifying the spawn rates of certain objects should be blocked, because some mods/scripts could rely on spawning with certain objects in order to make the gameplay work. Sometimes you have to push the boundaries of gameplay in order to make something interesting, so it'd be pretty redundant and pointless to allow mods under the condition that they have to be essentially vanilla or enforce difficult survival gameplay.

• Like 1

It's sort of arbitrary to say that modifying the spawn rates of certain objects should be blocked, because some mods/scripts could rely on spawning with certain objects in order to make the gameplay work. Sometimes you have to push the boundaries of gameplay in order to make something interesting, so it'd be pretty redundant and pointless to allow mods under the condition that they have to be essentially vanilla or enforce difficult survival gameplay.

You're probably right, but the ease with which people modified spawnrates in the mod turned out to make things very shit, very quickly. So what's to be done? I mean, putting trust in the admins to maintain good servers that provide and build upon the experience the game is selling itself on didn't work for the mod, so should we brace ourselves for the exact same shit sandwich with SA? I know people like those kinds of servers, but fuck them, there's ARMA 3 for that. 

Private Hives bring a lot of good things with them, the inability to server hop and ghost, for example. But with that comes admins who compete to have the easiest server in order to scoop up as much of the population as possible. 

Edited by Capo

Honestly, I would rather just have no mods at all.

• Like 3

You're probably right, but the ease with which people modified spawnrates in the mod turned out to make things very shit, very quickly. So what's to be done? I mean, putting trust in the admins to maintain good servers that provide and build upon the experience the game is selling itself on didn't work for the mod, so should we brace ourselves for the exact same shit sandwich with SA? I know people like those kinds of servers, but fuck them, there's ARMA 3 for that. 

Private Hives bring a lot of good things with them, the inability to server hop and ghost, for example. But with that comes admins who compete to have the easiest server in order to scoop up as much of the population as possible. 

Well, to people like you and me, they may seem shit, but you can't discount that a large amount of the mod's playerbase loved to play on them. I'm not one to step up and say that the devs need to constantly appease the masses, but I'm also not some hardcore elitist who thinks that only the extremely fanatic few should determine the game's future.

I'd say just to leave modding as open as it can be (without allowing for hacking or security issues). Sure, some people may not like the kinds of mods that come out, but there will definitely be ones to play, and you can always make your own, as hey, its unrestricted.

Also, most of the people who like certain kinds of mods will magnetize towards said mods, so you'll be left with more people who like to play in a fashion alike yours. That means that people who run around and have clan wars or camp the coast will move towards other servers built around player combat while people who enjoy the survival or PvE elements can have their own mods and vanilla gameplay. It appeases everyone as best you can that way.

Honestly, I would rather just have no mods at all.

The unfourtaunate thing is that can not happen. It has been confirmed mods will be coming.

The unfourtaunate thing is that can not happen. It has been confirmed mods will be coming.

And not everyone "has" to use them but sadly, the people who want to keep their servers vanilla, aka survival, will suffer to those running pvp only modes

There should be 1000000 vehicles, 567899 baracs servers. Then all CoD kids move there. You dont want to play with those people on normal servers anyway. Epoch should not be called "Dayz mod", survival and zombies are on 15th place in that mod. It shoud be called BuildZ!

There should be 1000000 vehicles, 567899 baracs servers. Then all CoD kids move there. You dont want to play with those people on normal servers anyway. Epoch should not be called "Dayz mod", survival and zombies are on 15th place in that mod. It shoud be called BuildZ!

Look what happened to the mod. Almost the entire population moved to easy mode servers because that's all that was available. It slowly killed the mod until finally three maybe two vanilla servers (I think there truly is only two left since 3480 died) that get populated. The problem is admins make the game easy and everyone sucks it up. 

• Like 1

Look what happened to the mod. Almost the entire population moved to easy mode servers because that's all that was available. It slowly killed the mod until finally three maybe two vanilla servers (I think there truly is only two left since 3480 died) that get populated. The problem is admins make the game easy and everyone sucks it up. 

How do you keep that from happening? The vast majority of users don't like the hardcore experience. If you make it easier for them to get guns and shoot each other, they will.

No mods.  Play Arma 3 if you want a modpocalypse.

• Like 1

Only squeeking CoD kiddies moved to easy mode servers. PvP deathmatch in Berezino and no-pants-in-Elektro is not real DayZ atmosphere and that should move to 10000000 vehicle servers. Let me search for damn Blaze for 3 hours, spending half of that time on my belly hiding from zombies. That is real DayZ!

Please remember there is a good portion of players that need fully open choices of moderation in order to make a hardcore survival server with increased PVE challenge. Not everyone wants to build the vehicle deathmatch servers your all so worried about. Don't like them, Don't join em. Simple. Or are you all worried you won't have enough bambi meat to troll on your vanilla PVP bullsh*t server?

Mods didn't destroy shit, players did.

If some dipshits want to play ezmode overwatch or epoch forcing them to play regular DayZ will just make them quit.