Putts_UK

The spirit of day z is dieing

Everyone is pretty much a bandit now. And i think the reason is because there is nothing else to do. Its so easy to survive there is food/water in nearly every building.

Plus there is still no threat from the zombies. Everyone thinks they are such a bad ass bandit, but sometimes it takes these guys two, three reloads to kill you! even when you are a fresh spawn and can't fire back. I Really believe if there were way less food and drink and we finally had decent zombies in numbers, more people would "play" the game in different roles. Right now just seems like big open deathmatch. dont get me wrong i love a bit of pvp, but I miss the teaming up to survive.

I know they are working hard on it, but for me the zombies should have been way further down the line even before release of this alpha. Put the zombies as number one priority then tents/vehicles, everything else can wait. 

Just hope its not too late by the time they finally get it sorted. 

• Like 5

Isnt the point of post-apoloptic society to kill eachother? There isnt a whole lot else that can kill you right now other than being sick, or starving to death.

That is the draw in this game (Right now anyway). The reson i got so addicted to it at first is the adrenaline rush i get in a firefight. Nothing like spending 12 hours looting and coming face to face with someone who has done the same and having no idea how its going to turn out.

• Like 3

No freaking way this topic has been breached before on these forums. Not a chance. (sarcasm)

• Like 7

Isnt the point of post-apoloptic society to kill eachother? There isnt a whole lot else that can kill you right now other than being sick, or starving to death.

That is the draw in this game (Right now anyway). The reson i got so addicted to it at first is the adrenaline rush i get in a firefight. Nothing like spending 12 hours looting and coming face to face with someone who has done the same and having no idea how its going to turn out.

No because how the fuck would you be able to maintain any kind of civilization and hope of humanity if everyone was a KOS bitch?

• Like 6

0xbgNtE.jpg

As for OP, unless you like starting over and over in Berezino and taking bullets in the face, don't  "team up" with randoms on map but find friends on skype/teamspeak.

• Like 1

Everyone is pretty much a bandit now. And i think the reason is because there is nothing else to do. Its so easy to survive there is food/water in nearly every building.

Plus there is still no threat from the zombies. Everyone thinks they are such a bad ass bandit, but sometimes it takes these guys two, three reloads to kill you! even when you are a fresh spawn and can't fire back. I Really believe if there were way less food and drink and we finally had decent zombies in numbers, more people would "play" the game in different roles. Right now just seems like big open deathmatch. dont get me wrong i love a bit of pvp, but I miss the teaming up to survive.

I know they are working hard on it, but for me the zombies should have been way further down the line even before release of this alpha. Put the zombies as number one priority then tents/vehicles, everything else can wait. 

When zombie start spawning in larger numbers than that food and water will go ALLOT quicker. Its just a matter of IF and WHEN the hordes start showing up in patches is the question.

• Like 1

the problem was/is SA was released with basicly nothing else to do after a few days of exploring but to KoS..

and sadly once that infection is in, its basicly imposible to cure..

the only solution for those looking for dayz that isnt a big CoD DM, is to wait for private hives and whitelists..but who knows if SA will even last that long...

theres enuf open world survival games on the horizon that most players might have moved over before we ever see private hives/Modding for SA

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

the problem was/is SA was released with basicly nothing else to do after a few days of exploring but to KoS..

and sadly once that infection is in, its basicly imposible to cure..

the only solution for those looking for dayz that isnt a big CoD DM, is to wait for private hives and whitelists..but who knows if SA will even last that long...

theres enuf open world survival games on the horizon that most players might have moved over before we ever see private hives/Modding for SA

That or just wait for another game to pop up with the features that this game might not ever be able to carry over.

Whoops you pretty much already said what i said lol. I just read it to fast.

Edited by Deathlove

I think you mean the Spirit of the game dayz is you will die eventually...and bandits/KOS is the least of my worries....my mortal foes are Ladders and stairs....I have been killed or hobbled by them more times than other players...so if not eventually KOSed be prepared to be murdered ascending....

• Like 3

The funny thing about these kind of threads...

How do you know how many times someone observed, but didn't kill you?

• Like 13

The thing is, I started playing the mod about two years ago. And the last time I played it, was about 14 months ago. And there has never been a time as far as I remember that everyone didn't try to kill each other.

Literally the first time I died in Dayz, ever, was when I was freshpawn. I ran on the train tracks between Elektro and Cherno, I stopped to look around, accidentally hit the salute button and someone shot me in the head.

The spirit of dayz for my own account has always been what it is now.

1) This game has always been like this. ALWAYS.

2) Buy 7D2D, it sounds perfect for you people not wanting so much KoS. It is a really enjoyable game too.

Not everyone is a bandit. :)

Only depends if I like your weapon ;)

2) Buy 7D2D, it sounds perfect for you people not wanting so much KoS. It is a really enjoyable game too.

Somebody who understands!

Only depends if I like your weapon ;)

I'm alive for more than 40 in-game hours so I guess that the only taste of my weapon that you can get is in your face. :thumbsup:

Actually on DayZ mod with humanity system and bandit/hero skin I had many friendly encounters when I bumped on a fellow hero in a city/airfield.

• Like 4

Actually on DayZ mod with humanity system and bandit/hero skin I had many friendly encounters when I bumped on a fellow hero in a city/airfield.

No that is a mod of a mod. There was no humanity system in Dean Halls DayZ. Plus when the humanity system was introduced, there was plenty to do in the game. In this stage of the alpha KoS is really the only thing to do. 

I'm alive for more than 40 in-game hours so I guess that the only taste of my weapon that you can get is in your face. :thumbsup:

210+ hours here ;)

As one of the more long-standing members of the board (aren't I magnificent?! :P ) I think there is a danger to over romanticise the past of DayZ.

Certainly there was team play but from starting to play it back in April 2012 I can tell you that most encounters were hostile and indeed I dare say that when you were spawning with a makarov straight off the bat there was even less incentive to seek to forge alliances in game because you were only ever one bullet away from getting late-game gear.

This is not to say that the current state of the game doesn't push people towards wanton PVP but as far as I've ever known it (and I did stop playing for over a year) DayZ has harboured a very prevalent shoot on site mentality. This is because for most there is more to lose in risking interaction.

The best thing people such as ourselves, who desire a greater sense of community in the game, can do is to be friendly in spite of odds and the frustrating deaths. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the PVP aspect of the game and have been known to KOS but the most rewarding moments for me in the game by far have been when I've interacting with somebody who I've met as a stranger. Sometimes I'll go out of my way to share loot and advice to new spawns I meet and even if I die to trickery or cunning opportunism I don't feel too down because I know that I have had an exciting experience. Occasionally I'll even make an enduring friendship.

Long story short? Keep the faith because it's not as bleak as you think!

:)

Edited by Goose Springsteen
  • Like 1

I havn't died in 2 weeks. You won't see me coming.

concern troll is concerned.

Honestly I love this game. I've never played as many hours in an online game as this. Yeah it's super flawed at the moment but it's still a unique gaming experience despite being nowhere near finished.

Also I'm getting a bit tired of these people stating that dayz should be something it never was and if it's not what they want then it's dying.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 3

Let me tell you a story.

I randomly logged into a hardcore server to find and kill a friend who was on it - I logged in at the ATC of NWAF.

After checking ATC and fireststion I headed to middle jail. As I was leaving it, I got shot - but not killed. I ran back inside to bandage and camp the stairs. Unfortunately my attackers ran in when I was still bandaging and couldn't do anything about it.

I thought they'd shoot me, but to my supprise they handcuffed me and put a burlap sack over my head and took all my gear (crappy anyway). One of them then guided me out of the building and told me to run. After 20 seconds I stopped and took the sack off my head.

I had to relog to get rid of the blindness glitch and I headed back to NEAF to seek revenge. I ran into the same two guys near North jail. This time I joined them and we went around NWAF, even gave me a revolver and my clothes back.

Soon after I got their mumble and we started playing DayZ, ReD Orchestra etc together.

Previous to this, I would've said making friends in game is impossible! But it aint.

• Like 1

If you must team up to survive, the game will lose a lot of appeal for a lot of players. Lone-wolfs love this game. Dean won't abandon them.

Adding vehicles and persistent storage just make it easier for a lot of people to be bandits, not harder. The goals might change now and then, but in the end, you kill, or you die.

• Like 1