SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Testing fishing now. Got message "i caught....something" and i fished WELLIES in pristine condition. WTF ? :D

• Like 8

Blah blah guns blah blah magazines... anyone have any experience with the respawning loot or item persistence yet? Coolest thing I noticed when I had time to play earlier was dead zombie bodies not disappearing but I'm not sure this exactly falls into the "persistence" category.

I've seen piles of loot in some locations persistent over a few server restarts (some DE/UK servers crashed every 3 minutes). I don't think I saw any spawned stuff, because almost all open houses were lootet empty. Met some very agressive freshspawns and some cool guys from Germany and Romania in Novo that I played about 4 hours with. The servers were very laggy so we decided to meet again on stable until theres some fix for the stability and performance issues we experienced.

• Like 2

Testing fishing now. Got message "i caught....something" and i fished WELLIES in pristine condition. WTF ? :D

Don't forget to chew properly before swallowing  :P .

• Like 3

Blah blah guns blah blah magazines... anyone have any experience with the respawning loot or item persistence yet? Coolest thing I noticed when I had time to play earlier was dead zombie bodies not disappearing but I'm not sure this exactly falls into the "persistence" category.

When the server I was on crashed, I logged back into it and went back to the last few houses I'd been in. The exact same loot that I'd left was still there, so I fairly certain it persisted across restarts.

I also think loot respawning is working. I was in the ATC at the NEAF and saw six or seven pairs of new spawn running shoes, indicating that people had been finding military boots. I found a pair of combat boots under the straits and added my running shoes to the tally.

I also think I've seen containers not persisting items as Eugene mentioned on reddit. I found two completely empty med kits in a clinic. They weren't "glitchy" med kits where you can see what's in them if you put them in your inventory, they were really empty. It's only one data point, I'm curious what other people are seeing.

Finally, KOS is alive and well on experimental. Sigh.

• Like 3

Apearently there is a glitch that makes the security system think you are speaking in private when using chat. there goes friendliness 

Apearently there is a glitch that makes the security system think you are speaking in private when using chat. there goes friendliness 

nah, that's only if you are in lobby and talk switching to group chat. i spoke easily in game with 4 different freshies like me a berenzinho.

nah, that's only if you are in lobby and talk switching to group chat. i spoke easily in game with 4 different freshies like me a berenzinho.

I neither know how to go to a speak lobby or the guy I was talkig to who got kicked

It warned me when i was writing in direct chat. Talking with the mic= no problem at all

It warned me when i was writing in direct chat. Talking with the mic= no problem at all

I saw this as well. A guy I met didn't have a mic. I was talking, he was typing. Battle eye kicked him.

PSA: get your mic working!!!!!!!

I left 3 guns somewhere with a backpack full , after restart the guns and bags are there but empty (no parts on gun , nothing in bag)

• Like 1

4 hours -> 3 Servers -> no guns -> no ammo -> no players

wtf is going on respawning works but not a single... no crossbows or even a sporter...

damn never play on a patchday... :lol:

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

Not Uptodate but sure:

good job basinox.

@quantum2k6

steini bei 4players? :D

Edited by d0pesen

I am away for the weekend so I envy u all getting to test one of the biggest updates in awhile...

Anyone know if the wooden floor tents are spawning loot again ?

A few pics... my new threads, oh and look, a CR527 Carbine.  Now I'm stylin!

hvumf44.jpg

A little better... I ended up tossing both the CR and AK in the weeds in favor of an SKS that I had ammo for.  And yes, that is a pristine banana!

eb448EK.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty

Wiped.  HC and Regular.  I had finally got some gear I liked, wanted to.... TEST it.  They effing wiped me.

Man, Fk this shit.

Wiped.  HC and Regular.  I had finally got some gear I liked, wanted to.... TEST it.  They effing wiped me.

Man, Fk this shit.

And you blame them? If you want to KEEP your character, go play stable. They wipe experimental for security reasons. Get over it.

• Like 2

astonishing that still after 8 month people are blaming the exps for not beeing in first case for seamless playing.

i wonder.

• Like 1

Amazing that, after having played since December, I still stumble across new sphincters.

Pretty sure everyone got wiped... I know I was. Lot's of new gear out there though.

Man, Fk this shit.

Has anyone found the new submachine gun? i think its called the RAK i think? all iv seen is the new rifle and the makarov.

Amazing that, after having played since December, I still stumble across new sphincters.

:D

everbody gets what deserved.

The immersion I experienced today was so great!   The persistent objects seems to live through the many server reboots.   I felt as if I was traveling through a town stripped bare by hundreds of hidden souls that I couldn't see.  Yet, I could see evidence that they were in fact there and I had only missed them by minutes. I felt the hunger burn through me.  I was going to die if I didn't find food.   And then I got bored of looking at all of the old, crappy bambi loot everyone dumped that seemed to survive the server reboots.   Man, talk about the last thing I want persisting.  Gah!

• Like 3

:D

everbody gets what deserved.

Absolutely!  Every once in a while I have to meet one; but each one of them always has to be one.  For the rest of his life.

Absolutely!  Every once in a while I have to meet one; but each one of them always has to be one.  For the rest of his life.

yes, maybe 80 years of shitout, but at least knowing what exp means. ;)

sorry guys for offtopic, me will stop here.

hope to join in this exp build latest on sunday evening.