SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Yes but that would in the end clutter the server, imagine hundreds of cans littering the landscape after a few weeks. So I would expect only certain "containers" and their contents and stuff like vehicles and barricades will be treated as persistent.

Thats right. But its very immersive if all the stuff nobody needs keeps laying arround. A possible sollution to the cluttering could be a despawn of items noone touched for some time.

So i started playing experimental yesterday after the navmesh update and i dont know not sure if lag causing zombies going thru walls and door or navmesh does not work properly.

.47 isn't the navmesh update, scrub.

.47 isn't the navmesh update, scrub.

I merged his Topic, don't be hard on him.

Ok, yeah.  These freezes are pretty ugly.  I came back from one of about 20 seconds and it seemed like my toon was locked into autorun or something.  I just steered with my mouse.  I ended up having to hit W to stop.  Good thing I wasn't on a roof or near a cliff or glitching through a 2nd floor wall to my death.  No deaths yet but I am sure at some point the freeze will get me kilt deader than a walker on Halloween.

• Like 1

This may actually bring me out of the woods and INTERACTING with other survivors!

*Rocket sounds funny when he games.

NO 

I merged his Topic, don't be hard on him.

Hahaha, no worries man, I call everyone scrub. :P

I down voted.

People seem unwilling to give systems a try, alter there key usage or give new ideas time.  

I also feel too may people want FPS twitch like controls, which is utter bullshit. Instant sprinting etc is not good for gameplay.

it was hardly an instant sprint in the first place, the transitional value of it from any stance made it a useful and believable mechanic, I dont see it resembling any twitch shooter gameplay, for one, when you do sprint you have a lot of momentum that can lead to dangerous accidents and other things. im not really into any FPS games either and the one i do like (Killing floor) definitely is not really twitch shootert at all, in that you cant even sprint at all, but this is not that game

New:

• Physics: Added Ragdolls

Fixed:

• Event: Fixed Helicopter Crashes
  • Zombies: Added Navmesh to improve pathfinding

Undocumented

New:

• Animation: Added 3 new gestures; F8-Face Palm, F9-Cut your throat, and F10-Hush
  • Effect: Gas stations explode faster when shot
  • Files: Added Config files for  CZ 527FlaregunMakarov, and the PM73 Rak
  • Gear: Added Chemlights
  • Gear: Added EMT clothing
  • Gear: Fishing Hooks can be attached to Boonie Hats
  • Gear: Added space for Combat Knives to the Military Boots
  • Model: New Deer Model (Red Deer)
  • Player: Added 4 New player skins: 3 for males (Medium, Dean, and Matt) and 1 for females (Medium)
  • Zombies: Added new type of Zombie (Nicknamed Hoppers, Crawlers, or Monkeys)

Fixed:

• Action: Two handed Items can now be thrown.
  • Animation: Added new crawling Animation
  • Animation: You can now walk while holding your hands up.
  • Gear: Several books received a new skin.
  • Weapons: Flipped the Hacksaw upward
  • Gear: "Spite" Renamed to "Spite Lemon Lime"

I think now is a good time for a changelog

Edited by basinox
  • Like 3

the session lost trouble was all my own fault, think the freezing is caused by people joining the server

I think it's probably the new poor man's UAV, I have yet to confirm, but I'm guessing that when two or more bubbles intersect, both parties freeze out, get synced, then resume play. If you were the lower priority player, you get warped when play resumes. If it was players joining, I think you would get a lot of rapid ones right at the start of a server reset and I've yet to experience that.

In regard to movement, and this is not new to this update as I had noticed it from the previous one, but the inability to walk with a gun raised is a bit annoying. Just to clarify there are 4 main speeds you can move; sprint, jog, walk or shuffle. Jog was the standard movement and while it's not the best name for the movement it'll do for this argument. Previously when you had your gun out and raised but not iron sighted, you could jog around the place, now you can only shuffle - and by shuffle I mean the slow walking you get by pressing [shift]+[w].

I presume this is everyone and not just my setup.

•  
  • Weapons: Hacksaws can now be equipped on your back (Needs to be tested in stable)

Couple patches ago already in stable.

The gun throwing seems to have removed the run up hill exploit people were using which i kinda miss haha. Now you can go into a throwing stances mid-sprint so the player stops.

The freezing seems to be related to players on server, it was smooth on an empty server for a good while (emptiness didnt last long though... lol)

Edited by Lord_Meshadieme

So, uh, does lightning kill? Because I was crouching on a high riser balcony when I heard the noise of thunder and got the death message.

My friends spent twenty minutes combing the area and salvaging my corpse but they saw nor heard anything or anyone. :D

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

The freezing seems to be related to players on server, it was smooth on an empty server for a good while (emptiness didnt last long though... lol)

Nope, I was on a low pop server (lowest ping hardcore, I wasn't server hopping) and it was as bad.

So, uh, does lightning kill? Because I was crouching on a high riser balcony when I heard the noise of thunder and got the death message.

My friends spent twenty minutes combing the area and salvaging my corpse but they saw nor heard anything or anyone. :D

This is one of those, "I've heard of it, yet I've never seen it", things. Rumours abound on the mod (where it was scripted on some servers) and have persisted into the SA (where it is part of the native weather system).

I'd quite like it to happen, although that would also mean that trees, churches, etc should be hit by lightning as well.

Edited by ricp

...I was crouching on a high riser balcony...

THIS! is the answer of your question.

Instadeath/broken legs thru rised areas, if u wanna avoid those, stay grounded.

Can happen on: roofs, balcony, stairs, stairways, upstairs, ladders - everywhere whats higher then the ground - can even happen on wooden stillage or a little rock.

Edited by Guest

This is on experimental server 047.124558. All players experience game freezes but I hadn't had one in a while and thought I'd visit Cherno again since I had not been there for a long time. Bad idea. The common saying is that you should not get attached to your gear but with this patch other players aren't the most dangerous things any more, it's now the server itself....

I had a freeze for a whopping 53 seconds and when I finally woke up a zombie had all but killed me, ruining more than half my gear. That it seems to happen the same moment I bring up the playerslist is a coincidence imo since the freezes happened before. Many times I get the impression the freezes are zombie and or sound related.

I lost my fully kitted FNX, most ammo, an AKM mag, compass, knife and some other goodies. Luckily my AKM was still undamaged. Also my rags were all ruined while I was bleeding profusely and this is why I wear a bandana that also this time saved the day.

Very frustrating to lose gear or get killed this way. Let's hope the devs solve it soon. You can also see in the vid that it has become very hard to hit a zombie, many blows that would have hit in earlier patches now don't seem to register.

• Like 2

Ok, yeah.  These freezes are pretty ugly.  I came back from one of about 20 seconds and it seemed like my toon was locked into autorun or something.  I just steered with my mouse.  I ended up having to hit W to stop.  Good thing I wasn't on a roof or near a cliff or glitching through a 2nd floor wall to my death.  No deaths yet but I am sure at some point the freeze will get me kilt deader than a walker on Halloween.

You unlocked the secret to autorun and you cancelled it! :(

on the topic of the freezes I just noticed that when I get one of those (they last from 10 secs to almost 30 secs) the sound quality has a significant change to it the second my toon is free to move again. maybe it is sound related... guess I should check the feedback tracker.

walking with a weapon on your hand and double tap W to run while on fight is such a stupid thing

If game will go into this update i'm out till a better update. I hate when they fall down on such shitty things

I've come to terms with the new controls and like them for the most part, but I think it's ridiculous that "instant sprinting" is referred to a twitch control. The way I see it - we "instant sprint" in real life. No need to stand up from prone and then sprint because it's all one motion - one thought. The multiple speeds of prone can be kept with the current "walk" key - just as it's handled when standing. Then the sprint key will do what it's supposed to do - sprint. Works great when diving to and from cover and is just more fluid overall. I don't know why fluid controls make it a twitch shooter - the game could certainly loose a little clunk (and for the most part it's gone in that direction).

Even Ben Johnson pumped full of drugs could not instantly sprint!

If crouched, you need to stand up to sprint.  I agree IRL we can do that in one fluid motion, but how long does it take to press one button to change stances?  Probably quicker than an Olympic sprinter could manage.  There is a big difference between instant and one fluid motion.  If one realistic full fluid motion could be done i'd be all over it like a rash.

i've roll back to regular game. Unplayable patch. if they gonna improve this movement and fight changes i'm out from the game

This new patch killed my gameplay.... The game locks up constantly.... From anywhere between 5 secs to 30 seconds. I lost 3 characters in 30 min.  Do you even play the patch before you put it out there? My buddy has same prob so its not just my PC.     

walking with a weapon on your hand and double tap W to run while on fight is such a stupid thing

If game will go into this update i'm out till a better update. I hate when they fall down on such shitty things

I listed a way to help fix the clunkiness if scroll up :)

on the topic of the freezes I just noticed that when I get one of those (they last from 10 secs to almost 30 secs) the sound quality has a significant change to it the second my toon is free to move again. maybe it is sound related... guess I should check the feedback tracker.

It's good that you are part of the experimental/testing of the game.

It's bad that you use the term "toon", something that should remain in the realm of WoW where it is used to refer to your "cartoon" character. In DayZ no character is "cartoon".