SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Man, there are a lot of complaints in here about shit being broken. If I were the devs working on this games I would want to strangle you guys, quit, and go live on an island where I didn't have to listen to entitled jackasses whining that I'm not at work on the weekends fixing bugs in an experimental code branch. If my clients did that to me, I'd tell them where they could stick it pretty goddamn quickly. Do people not understands how difficult it is to debug and fix the sorts of problems we're all experiencing?

And for those who say "I thought this was the place to talk about experimental"—yes, it is the place to talk about it. Not to bitch and moan. There's a huge difference between reporting an issue and complaining about it. You should be doing the former, not the latter.

Or, at the very least, voting issues up on the bug tracker if already reported.

Servers are realy bad now :/....i get severe spikes that make my fps drop to 10 or 5 fps. 

I just whas on the tower in Novo and had a clean shot with a mosin on some dude crouching near a car....

when i shot i saw a spark where the target whas but the player glitched al around the spot, then i got killed out of nowhere :/. Realy ?!

Also the loot is totally screwed. Barely any food or ammo, not to speak about a gun. 

Military bases or depot like buildings have a ton load of loot but irrelevant things.

Already died so far twice or 3 times of hunger. 

Please somebody unf*ck this game ?.

Everything whas atleast running wel before the BIG test server launched.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

There ya go

This is experimental branch, things will be royally screwed up from time to time. If you can't accept that or be constructive and patient instead of bitching go back to stable and wait for the patch to be pushed there in a better state.

Edited by Hells High

Do we know if US 0-3 server will be back in the server list or available for play? My brother and I were on there extensively yesterday testing some of the persistent loot mechanics across several locations on the map.  We were making some good strides on testing the respawn as well as the navmesh for the zombies.  Would hate to lose the progress or start over this quickly.  

We were Just wondering. Quite aware of the frequent bugs and issues that may arise. Please no flaming, keep it constructive. Thank you.

I experienced what I would call a "hard reset" (defined as a complete loot wipe and respawn on a server) on the AUS/NZ* HC server this morning. I was cooking some deer meat when I got the 5 minute warning for server restart. I thought I had enough time it finish up before the restart. So, I finished cooking, broke down the fire, picked up my bow, and a minute later the server restarted. It took about half an hour to come back, and when it did I logged back in to discover that the last save of my character was before I extinguished the fire. The fireplace and my bow where gone. Thinking that it was possibly a hard reset, I made a run to the military base in Zelornegorsk. It certainly looked like I was the first one there. There was no extraneous loot anywhere. It could be a coincidence, but I really don't think so.

With all the server restarts going on this weekend, has anyone else seen this?

*I was on the AUS/NZ server when all the US servers were packed. One thing I learned: ping > 200 makes zombie combat very hard.

• Like 2

I experienced what I would call a "hard reset" (defined as a complete loot wipe and respawn on a server) on the AUS/NZ* HC server this morning. I was cooking some deer meat when I got the 5 minute warning for server restart. I thought I had enough time it finish up before the restart. So, I finished cooking, broke down the fire, picked up my bow, and a minute later the server restarted. It took about half an hour to come back, and when it did I logged back in to discover that the last save of my character was before I extinguished the fire. The fireplace and my bow where gone. Thinking that it was possibly a hard reset, I made a run to the military base in Zelornegorsk. It certainly looked like I was the first one there. There was no extraneous loot anywhere. It could be a coincidence, but I really don't think so.

With all the server restarts going on this weekend, has anyone else seen this?

*I was on the AUS/NZ server when all the US servers were packed. One thing I learned: ping > 200 makes zombie combat very hard.

I've honestly been wondering this myself ... Maybe this was their way of making old loot disappear.. I went on a server last night that had just crashed before I entered , it looked like your situation : no "discarded" loot anywhere , it seemed like a server reset before the whole Loot re spawning mechanic was in ? Can't wait to see the re spawning mechanic work though ... I love respawning loot !!

You don't need a gun to enjoy DayZ.

I guess you must either enjoy licking tree bark in the woods or respawning with your torch following yet another bullet/face interaction.

I was actually the "English friend" from James' post, and believe me, the enjoyment had long since been replaced by stubborn persistence before yet another server crash finally beat out even that last flickering flame of hope.

OTOH, I'd enjoy playing on a server with no guns, or pistols only, if the devs decide to try it - provided I knew beforehand.

• Like 1

I was trying the loot respawn out and got into a gunfight with somm hacker ;) He later came back to shoot us but it didnt work, he just gave up after some time running ..... i was woundering when he will start to stripe us naked xD

DayZ SWE 0-2 (Experimental/Testing)46.253.198.69:231402:10 07/28/2014

Also have a screen with all player names on it ...

http://www.twitch.tv/aragamiz/c/4760689

• Like 1

Welcome to my world brother, here is Hawaii everything, pretty much, is 100+, I do ok on Aus/NZ HC though, so between that and Singapore is where I usually am.. I have not seen the hard reset you mentioned, I am miles away from my cache point right now so it'll be some time before I get back there.

Besides LMB is so bad for me right now I am reinstalling, hopefully it helps.

It did not help, I am switching out my mouse, maybe that will help.

Edited by Barnabus

Have you guys heard about that glitch where you can go INTO the huge barrels in Berezino docks?

Cooking meat seems to take much longer now.  About 11 minutes to cook deer and cow steaks.  I recall before, it was only 3-4 minutes but maybe I am missing something, anyone else notice this?  Doesn't seem worth it to kill a cow when it takes that long to cook with such little nutritional value returned.

Skillz baby, Skillz.... or the lack there of?  Just kiddin, first I've heard of this.  Seriously a negative 7%? Did you have to give up an arm?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141167641/screenshot/570021503738829784

anyone else has problems with skinning n quatering? -7% how is this possible? the knife was pristine. cant find something similar in the bugtracker :/

The EXP branch has and will always be a big test. They even said this weekend was a test and they are prepared to patch it on Monday or Tuesday.

I tried logging on tonight and I had like 8 servers that were 0/40 and 3 servers that were 40/40.  Why are there so many servers that can't be joined?

Does anyone notice there is a 64 player exp sever? The sever is using another charter database and loot only respawn when sever restart.

I am from Hong Kong so I usually stay at the singapore sever which have no loot at all (all 4 of them ).

• Like 1

I am from Hong Kong so I usually stay at the singapore sever which have no loot at all (all 4 of them ).

Reported on bug tracker

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Edited by Barnabus

Skillz baby, Skillz.... or the lack there of?  Just kiddin, first I've heard of this.  Seriously a negative 7%? Did you have to give up an arm?

I have had this happen to me. It baffled me so much I didn't even think to report it. I just chucked those bits of meat.

@karlkurtz32

Are you talking about the experimental branch? If so, some servers are "offline" even though they show up on the list. You'll notice their time never changes too. Anyway, some said they don't fix them to stress test the servers at full capacity and tweak the loot respawn and perma items. We'll see!

If you're talking about stable branch, I have no clue why your list is like that...

The EXP branch has and will always be a big test. They even said this weekend was a test and they are prepared to patch it on Monday or Tuesday.

I understand EXP branch is a development aspect for updates to get 'em to to point where they are stable enough to release as a main update.

But i just have my toughts about it....Testing it on friday and leaving it bricked for the week end to fix it for monday ?.

Doesn't realy show the passion for game making but more like a 9 to 5 job.

''Hey Frankie !, how whas the test going ?, oh wel we fucked up...But monday is another day right ?'' - Anyhow that is just my thought :P.

Beside that i'm only playing Day z for a month now and i think it'll slowly develope into something more interesting as time goes by. So i can't be mad ^^

Does anyone notice there is a 64 player exp sever? The sever is using another charter database and loot only respawn when sever restart.

Hey, HK here too.

Absolutely no loot at all on any of the Sing EXP servers, confirmed.

Not sure how to report tho.

Red

Edited by RedGuard

I was trying the loot respawn out and got into a gunfight with somm hacker ;) He later came back to shoot us but it didnt work, he just gave up after some time running ..... i was woundering when he will start to stripe us naked xD

DayZ SWE 0-2 (Experimental/Testing)46.253.198.69:231402:10 07/28/2014

Also have a screen with all player names on it ...

The thing with the disappearing corpses, if you go near them, is a bug, but not a glitch. if you shoot someone and his corpse slides away, you find the loot at the position you shot him and the corpse disappears everytime you go close to it. Well had it happen 2 times when the corpse had some distance to the position he got shot

Have you guys heard about that glitch where you can go INTO the huge barrels in Berezino docks?

I scouted a group of 3 guys doing it, when i was in the one blacony house in the backyards.

Welcome to my world brother, here is Hawaii everything, pretty much, is 100+, I do ok on Aus/NZ HC though, so between that and Singapore is where I usually am.. I have not seen the hard reset you mentioned, I am miles away from my cache point right now so it'll be some time before I get back there.

Besides LMB is so bad for me right now I am reinstalling, hopefully it helps.

It did not help, I am switching out my mouse, maybe that will help.

Aloha! THE LMB bug definitely sucks. I've only experienced it in melee combat. The thing that works for me is to be very deliberate with each click and let the swing animation complete before I click again. With the hit box being messed up right now, I'm using the time to line up my next swing. I can take on two zombies like that with little or no damage (3 hurts a bit and you better have a gun for 4:). I've even killed two with one swing a couple of times :). Yeah it's a glitch, but I figure if the zombies can still (sometimes) glitch through walls and see me from a mile away, killing two of them with one swing of the axe is fair play.

For what it's worth, I didn't experience the LMB bug when playing on the AUS/NZ server. It's only one data point, but I would think that high ping isn't the cause.