ShallowTech

Golden magazines

So we were playing on our server last night when a friend of mine and I encountered some hostiles. Not a problem, we decided to battle it out with them. I circles around and caught one of them trying to flank. I put him down and then regrouped with my friend... well after a small friendly fire incident. Once we had patched up we went back outside to check for the other enemy and loot the dead body. When we arrived at the body his gear was everywhere but for some reason I could not view anything, nothing in proximity and nothing on the body, nothing. My friend however was able to see the gear, the guy had lock boxes and in the lock boxes were golden magazines. Obviously, this is a hack, unless I am just not aware of some rare gold spraypaint. I just wanted to see if anyone else has come across this?

Additionally, another one of my friends came across a guy with an inventory of lock boxes and every item he has was pritine. Now I understand that there are some very good players out there but this seemed somewhat odd as well.

Ive seen adds for an inventory editor when searching for information about a hack that enables players to steal items directly from your inventory by being invisible (which I heard about here).

Could be this? Because I am certain that there is no golden paint or magazines. Did you get any screen shots?

• Like 1

No screenshots this time... Unfortunately, his friend came up behind us while we were checking it out and shot us both in the back. I did not see any inventory at all but my friend did. He was not able to take any of it either as far as I know. It was also 5 mins before server reboot so we were trying to hurry.

Edited by shallowtech

The golden mags? That stinks.

But the pristine stuff?

I always put pristine stuff in lock boxes... I am someone who survives for days (real-time) so I have high-valuable gear.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And, since you didn't take pics of the "golden mags" it didn't happen : /

• Like 7

You found them!

u win the Development Studio tour with Dean "Wonka" Hall!!!

damn i want to see deans Oompa Loompa's too! :D

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 7

Since you haz tooken no pics, me no believe you.

• Like 1

Well if I would have been able to access his inventory myself I would have grabbed a screen shot through FRAPS but for some reason I could not even see anything, on the body or in proximity. My friend did not think about the pic. Regardless, I did not see it myself but he is not a liar so I do believe. Besides I was asking if anyone else had seen this or not. So how about the trolls stop flaming my post ;-)

Edited by shallowtech

I think your friend may be having you on, or 'having a joke' with you. As far as I'm aware no Golden Magazine's have been found in the game and I've never seen this bug before. It would involve somehow editing files and client side would be purely the dead persons client who would be able to see the mags. If your friend was able to see them as well it would make it server side, which is not something I've come across on DayZ.

It would involve somehow editing files and client side would be purely the dead persons client who would be able to see the mags.

I have watched videos of hackers getting items into the game and other players are able to pick them up. There is a video of hacked mags that do not run out of ammo, as well as hacked backpacks. Would these items fall under a separate category? Additionally, there are plenty of hacks available out there that allow people to aimbot, ESP, etc. So your telling me that with all the hacks available that this is impossible and that my friend is lying to me...

yes my friend and i killed some one and i couldnt see the loot but my friend could and he said that they had frankincense mags

Wow and the little trolls come out. Green for gold... dumbass

Few, if any, mortals get to handle pure green, never mind coat their weapons with it:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

there is no golden mags...IF there whould be we whould have proof in form of a screenshot...

:rolleyes:

The golden mags? That stinks.

But the pristine stuff?

I always put pristine stuff in lock boxes... I am someone who survives for days (real-time) so I have high-valuable gear.

High-Value gear? Bro, you can get anything in DayZ withen a day real time nowadays, it sucks :( I personally, live for about 2-4 weeks at a time, as I am insanely good at PvP situations due to my experience in First person Shooters (Which is basically what DayZ is now...). So everything I have is pristine, I'm assuming OP is somewhat new to the game, or isn't super OCD like me and you xD

I have watched videos of hackers getting items into the game and other players are able to pick them up. There is a video of hacked mags that do not run out of ammo, as well as hacked backpacks. Would these items fall under a separate category? Additionally, there are plenty of hacks available out there that allow people to aimbot, ESP, etc. So your telling me that with all the hacks available that this is impossible and that my friend is lying to me...

ESP/Aimbot/GPS all these are completely different to ADDING an item to the game or even changing the image of an item so that everyone can see it (server side).

• Like 2

Technically spoken, it is not possible to change the visual appearance of an item so that other player can see it too. Only devs can change the visual appearance and that would be distributed through steam. It is like back when we played UT. Player skins were only visible for the players who had the skin installed. Otherwise it displayed the default skin for the given model. If I guess it correct, then the only data exchanged by the server and client are player, item and AI (Zed/animal) position and movement data. Maybe wind direction for clouds and cloud positioning. The time obviously. Item skins would make too much overhead in the exchanged data. Since Zeds, how I read, are rendered within 1000 meters, so should also be player and items. So all this data is on the client or went through the NIC. And when I see, what is possible, I assume that the data is not encrypted yet. I hope it is only for debugging purposes and will be changed in beta.

For what it's worth, this isn't the first report I've seen on golden magazines.

Did there happen to be a Golden Pistol to go with those Golden Magazines? ....I bet there was. 

And it looked like this:

AWCTMamphibianS-black.jpg

You're friend my be colorblind to some degree.. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Topic Cleaned. No personal insults, please.

Some players have reported a "strange glow" on inventory items since the patch

(true - in these forums)

We thought it was probably fallout

(also - Irish sits up every night gold-plating all his new pistols)

• Like 2

(also - Irish sits up every night gold-plating all his new pistols)

lol, please.... the mere act of my holding them turns them to gold. ;)

• Like 2