Caitlin

Gender Discrimination and Prejudice

-snip-

I consider it very questionable to condemn people that strife for a progressive society. Since when are values like equality and consideration something negative?

Also, isn't broadly generalizing people into arbitrary categories and referring to them with equally arbitrary abbreviations quite arrogant as well?

But let's stop the pointless personal attacks and get back to the topic.

I think we should not concentrate on OPs experience alone but the community as a whole.

I believe several people have already advised not to use VOIP, to keep a low profile or search for a group.

I think this is another proof for the problem: Why should women avoid using VOIP, to prevent beeing discriminated? Why should women keep a lower profile than men to avoid getting into situations where they might be discriminated? Why should women be in need of a premade group when it's perfectly fine for men to play alone and find people to play with in game?

Interestingly enough this is quite a widespread phenomena, it's even noted in some sociological studies. Many women refrain to use voice chat  or other functions that could reveal their sex.

Now if women have to resort to special tactics to avoid beeing treated in a discriminitory way that is a problem, don't you agree?

Edited by Buffaloe

I am sorry you feel that way about leaving as I enjoy playing with girls as they bring another element to the game

What element do they bring to the game exactly? A vagina?

• Like 3

HAHAHAHAHAHA post of the fucking year.

Back on topic, as I've already stated, my wife was never harassed in her 300 hour DayZ career. Why are people analyzing the community? It's full of people from every walk of life. You're not going to change the fact that people act like idiots when playing a video game in an anonymous fashion.

Women aren't victims in this game. If they can't handle the few little idiots they run into, then what business do they have playing a survival game to begin with?

I've been called a bitch, faggot, cunt, nigger, slut, asshole, pussy, motherfucker, and the list goes on. Does that keep me from playing? Nope. Do I make a thread on the forums whining about it? Nope.

I guess since I have a penis I'm automatically immune to name calling. Apparently vaginas don't net their owners the same benefit.

EDIT: Fucking phone...

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

This gender bullshit topic is still going? XD

Oh well at least its not a topic dedicated to shit as a literal whole.

Some Random music for the entertainment none gender biased :P

Okay, so this thread has.. changed a bit. But what the fuck is SJW?

Okay, so this thread has.. changed a bit. But what the fuck is SJW?

Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.
#1:

A social justice warrior reads an essay about a form of internal misogyny where women and girls insult stereotypical feminine activities and characteristics in order to boost themselves over other women.

The SJW absorbs this and later complains in response to a Huffington Post article about a 10-year-old feminist's letter, because the 10-year-old called the color pink "prissy".

#2:

Commnter: "I don't like getting manicures. It's too prissy."

SJW: "Oh my god, how fucking dare you use that word, you disgusting sexist piece of shit!"

• Like 3

Social Justice Warrior. A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.
#1:

A social justice warrior reads an essay about a form of internal misogyny where women and girls insult stereotypical feminine activities and characteristics in order to boost themselves over other women.

The SJW absorbs this and later complains in response to a Huffington Post article about a 10-year-old feminist's letter, because the 10-year-old called the color pink "prissy".

#2:

Commnter: "I don't like getting manicures. It's too prissy."

SJW: "Oh my god, how fucking dare you use that word, you disgusting sexist piece of shit!"

Thanks! A bit like a White Knight then? Next question, what the fuck is a prissy?

Thanks! A bit like a White Knight then? Next question, what the fuck is a prissy?

A female poster who is so self absorbed she thinks that everytime she gets KOS'ed its because she is a girl and NOT becuase thats how dayz works 99% of the time....

Then she makes an ignorant thread about it...

• Like 1

A female poster who is so self absorbed she thinks that everytime she gets KOS'ed its because she is a girl and NOT becuase thats how dayz works 99% of the time....

Then she makes an ignorant thread about it...

Well done, your comments has given me reason to do what I should have done when the Topic was made, not because it was a bad Topic, rather the reactions it would generate.

However, seven pages (7) is not bad for this type of discussion on these Forums.

We now have three (3) girls in our group of ten (10), there is hope yet, for equality !

• Like 2