Chris Torchia posted this screenshot of a new rifle, appears to be a CZ 527.

cz-usa-cz-527-carbine.png

JUChtrW.jpg

• Like 9

Good I and many others suggested it here.

Question now is 7.62x39 or 5.56 ?

The CZ 527 is a bolt action smallbore rifle designed by Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod. The rifle is available in numerous different designs and stylings. The available calibers (though not every rifle is designed for each of the calibers) are the following: .17 Remington, .22 Hornet, .204 Ruger, .221 Fireball, .222 Remington, .223 Remington, and 7.62 x 39 mm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_527

Looks like we will have fun finding cz527 of calliber that we like the most :)

• Like 1

Just had a terrible thought. This uses detachable box magazines. :lol: Hope they aren't like hen's teeth.

• Like 1

Well we already are finding all handguns with everything detachable detached so probably...

• Like 1

Basicly another mosin. My question: Why?

/edit: mh maybe thats our rapidfire sniperrifle? That would be a blast ofc.

Edited by Khanarac

I guess it will be different in some aspects. Additionaly, some people like the style of one weapon more than the style of another, even if they have same stats. More diversity is always a nice thing.

You could aswell ask why gun shops offer more than one hunting rifle...

Edited by Ultimoose
  • Like 1

That looks nice...good for hunting those deer.

I 1 shot deer with CR75 9mm pistol.

Edited by Frosti

I 1 shot deer with Amphibia S .22 pistol.

• Like 2

I would love this rifle even if it was different only aestheticaly.

Remember, variety is the spice of life....also it might be the 7,62x39 version anyways.

edit: will hate if magazine is to be found only in jailbuildings or such. This needs to be civilian weapon, same as Sporter, and logicaly it's mags should spawn also in civilian buildins (piano house, red brick houses etc).

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Yeah you can kill those things flawlessly with virtually any gun. & there aren't exactly any gun-restricting hunting laws in a post-apocolyptic world :P

• Like 1

i shoot deer with ... well take a look at my sig !

7*65r tig       

Suhler Drilling 4 live ! 

Edited by Munson_fry

I'd hammer a guess that this weapon will be in the experimental patch today.

Yeah you can kill those things flawlessly with virtually any gun. & there aren't exactly any gun-restricting hunting laws in a post-apocolyptic world :P

There should be a mechanic that the more bullets you dump in a deer, the less meat you get out of it. That would prevent M4 spraying at animals and force players to really snipe and approach quietly to make sure the first shot hits ;)

• Like 1

There should be a mechanic that the more bullets you dump in a deer, the less meat you get out of it. That would prevent M4 spraying at animals and force players to really snipe and approach quietly to make sure the first shot hits ;)

I agree 100%. Shouldn't be a problem to implement considering that it's basically the same mechanic as ruining gear on a player if you were to shoot him in the right spot.

It's a different hunting rifle. Also, probably will not be 7.62x54mmR. Functionally they're both bolt-action rifles but this will probably have different individual performance. Also, the Mosin will probably be a bit rarer towards the later stage of the game (or maybe it doesn't have to, if they decide to stop letting it usethe LRS)

Could this also be a Zastava M48? They look fairly similar, although this definitely matches the CZ-527 more. Just asking that because they could've just modified the models.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Very glad they're adding more civilian firearms, and the gun looks good. I just hope this performs like an actual hunting rifle instead of a sniper rifle.

• Like 1

See thats the thing it is not at all like a mosin.

This is a short barreled bolt action carbine with detachable 5 round magazines and is far far far more accurate than the inaccurate mosin nagant.

cz527 also comes in 2 unique calibers for bolt action rifles 5.56 nato a very accurate and flat shooting round  and 7.62x39 a hard hitting round comparable to a 30-30.

The cz 527 and the mosin are worlds apart in how they function and hopefully with its introduction they fix the mosin nagant and by fix I mean remove the bipod, remove the lrs and fix the bolt hand so it is straight.

The mosin should be the lee enfield of stand alone, a basic bolt action rifle that is common and ammo is common but it is a low tier weapon, mosins are not 1200m long range precision rifles they are beat up military surplus service rifles that shoot cheap shitty ammo that you can buy in bulk and ammo that is often times badly produced in soviet nations in the 1940s-1980s.

While the 527 is also not a true long range sniper rifle it is far more precise of a rifle .

Also I hope they dont mall ninja the cz 527 up please no rails, no dumb muzzle break attachments and no tacticool slings or any other silly thing like camo paint.

Bipod + hunting and long range scopes thats all.

476761-wts-wtt-cz-527-carbine-7-62x39-w-

Thats how a high end fully kitted out cz 527 should hopefully look.

Very glad they're adding more civilian firearms, and the gun looks good. I just hope this performs like an actual hunting rifle instead of a sniper rifle.

Same exact thing. Hunting rifle, precision rifle, bolt action rifle , sniper rifle all are the same thing.

It is

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 3

what makes a cz527 so much more accurate than a mosin, is it just a higher quality craftsmanship or more modern? i am not knowledgeable about guns. so i guess a shorter barrel doesnt always mean a loss in accuracy then, right?