SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

So was the 0.45 that just got pushed to stable on Wednesday rolled back before it was pushed? If so, what was taken out and will those "features" be included when the new 0.45 is pushed to stable?

As I know the 0.45 is already on stable. They now updating anti cheat to exp, an if test go well they will push that on stable, probably just that anti cheat, but new content and features will come to exp in monday and servers will be online.

If i mistake, please correct me.

I sense camping tents coming...as a summer gift! :D They are just sceptical because the last update caused problems (I only had some issues on full or highly populated servers to be honest) and they dont want to get us excited before dealing with rubberbanding issues.

I'm fairly certain that the next update will have camping tents (server persistent item!)

I'm fairly certain that the next update will have camping tents (server persistent item!)

I really, really hope so. Persistent items (particularly storage) are something I've been waiting for since I started playing the standalone. My friends and I all love to play this game, but sometimes it's hard to find time to play together. Persistent storage will allow us to help each other without having to be on at the same time. For those of us who occasionally play medic, it will allow for supply caches to be placed around the map in order to more easily and quickly respond to others' medical needs.

Edited by Tatanko

We need some storage of some kind but not too much.You shouldn't be able to completely re-arm yourself after death as it is unrealistic(breaks permadeath feature,becomes more Rust-like)

my thouth is that is very small patches, seen other indie games have bigger patches,so its not that much just a littel bit :)

the question is - what will happen to the tents, if the owner dies? They disappear after server restart? Or maybe they should just last as long as the body of the owner... or perhaps they should disappear after a certain amount of time if they are not disassembled or visited by other players (kinda like being ruined, smashed/weathered down along with all of the contents inside)...

Edited by osallivan

yeah this IS the big question, in my opinion the playstyle with servers should be changed due to "persistent" objects. As a possibility: Server has a fixed character, no respawn within hours/days, tents and loot in it as well as crates stay, but despawn with character respawn. 

Or tents and crates stay after death and respawn but are no more accesable to recent owner within hours/days/restart.

personally i would appreciate a fixed character per server, no ghosting, serverhopping, the serverworld would be unique, better and more playerinteraction and more chances to built up persistent groups and buildings.

an other option for tent/crate-behaviour after owners death could be a random replacement of loot and tents ( with helicopter-crashsite mechanics f.e., but maybe its not possible without a restart, but as a solution this server could just be not respawnable until restart and so tent-replacement ) so other players have a chance of discovering tents left by other players .......so the killed person has no place to rearm immediatly after respawn what is the main problem with persistent objects... looking at rust

these respawn mechanics would also be a solution to lags due to (dis)connecting players, so players (dis)connect less at all,      like altis life

an other idea :    tents and loot get damaged and rotten after owners death, so weapons need to be fixed with new parts for example and food ( at least fruits and meat) getting rotten maybe 10-20 minutes after death

in addition a mental health indicator ....  dependent on mental health the char is more likely to react against the players will, the played character would get out of control until suicide, but that would be a really hard point and would interrupt the player/character interaction/immersion, but in my opinion thats nothing bad, its a game and i have to take care of the character played by me. 

sorry for bad english

Edited by SMoOoVEeR

yeah this IS the big question, in my opinion the playstyle with servers should be changed due to "persistent" objects. As a possibility: Server has a fixed character, no respawn within hours/days, tents and loot in it as well as crates stay, but despawn with character respawn. 

Or tents and crates stay after death and respawn but are no more accesable to recent owner within hours/days/restart.

personally i would appreciate a fixed character per server, no ghosting, serverhopping, the serverworld would be unique, better and more playerinteraction and more chances to built up persistent groups and buildings.

an other option for tent/crate-behaviour after owners death could be a random replacement of loot and tents ( with helicopter-crashsite mechanics f.e., but maybe its not possible without a restart, but as a solution this server could just be not respawnable until restart and so tent-replacement ) so other players have a chance of discovering tents left by other players .......so the killed person has no place to rearm immediatly after respawn what is the main problem with persistent objects... looking at rust

these respawn mechanics would also be a solution to lags due to (dis)connecting players, so players (dis)connect less at all,      like altis life

an other idea :    tents and loot get damaged and rotten after owners death, so weapons need to be fixed with new parts for example and food ( at least fruits and meat) getting rotten maybe 10-20 minutes after death

in addition a mental health indicator ....  dependent on mental health the char is more likely to react against the players will, the played character would get out of control until suicide, but that would be a really hard point and would interrupt the player/character interaction/immersion, but in my opinion thats nothing bad, its a game and i have to take care of the character played by me. 

sorry for bad english

Player die without tenst, he lost gear. 

Player die when have tents, lost and tent and gear.

So what is the point of tents then? 

On DayZ wiki for tent its wrotten if they are not visited by player 7 daysm they will dissapear(flattened/destroyed).

A camping tent that can be pitched, allowing you to extent storage safe from others. You can place the tent anywhere that has suitably flat ground and cannot be picked up / placed again. The tent will only exist on the server that it is placed on. Any player can take or deposit items into the tent. It will remain in tact permanently as long as someone withdraws an item from it or deposits an item in it at least once every 7 days (timer starts after the last time it was used).

When it expires or is ran over by any vehicle (including other players vehicles), it will turn into a flattened/destroyed looking tent. Tents that are destroyed lose everything that was in them. A destroyed tent cannot be reused.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Tent

So every time when player use item from tent he will extend the live of tent for next 7 days.

I would like to see something like upgradind tents for additional slots, like we have for upgrading improvised backpack.

Edited by Gas_Mask_Guy

On DayZ wiki for tent its wrotten if they are not visited by player 7 daysm they will dissapear(flattened/destroyed).

So every time when player use item from tent he will extend the live of tent for next 7 days.

I would like to see something like upgradind tents for additional slots, like we have for upgrading improvised backpack.

the point is to built up a camp! TO SURVIVE! this is a survival game, not a shooter and if tents would simple stay at the same place and easy accessable you die you just run to your tent rearm and get into trouble again.... because nothing else to do .....  this would absolutly break the game and the perma-death feature .... just look at rust

point of tents is to have a place to sleep an store food/gear in this one life so you can survive much longer without going into dangerous city and maybe get killed by some KoS cod-kiddie idiots

Edited by SMoOoVEeR
  • Like 4

This is for the MOD were this would have been the case.

Nothing has been announced for SA.

Read the first line, its say

This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Tent

I suppose the same system will be for SA.

Edited by Gas_Mask_Guy

the point is to built up a camp! TO SURVIVE! this is a survival game, not a shooter and if tents would simple stay at the same place and easy accessable you die you just run to your tent rearm and get into trouble again.... because nothing else to do .....  this would absolutly break the game and the perma-death feature .... just look at rust

point of tents is to have a place to sleep an store food/gear in this one life so you can survive much longer without going into dangerous city and maybe get killed by some KoS cod-kiddie idiots

There would be no need, it didn't break the game in the mod and it wont in SA, what if you have a clan sharing a tent, one dies and the tent vanishes? A hacker kills you or a glitch and the tent is destroyed?

• Like 2

Maybe simply loosing the tent when you die would be a little too much punishing, don't you think ?

What I think could be a nice advanced mechanic (once they implement the basics) would be that you have to repair your tent with materials to repair it (use rags, rope, sewing kits ...).

So you have a persistent item, but have to watch for it as it damages slowly over time...

If you don't take the time to repair it, you loose it and items inside become damaged aswell...

Maybe they could also add a modifier if you set it up on an exposed spot, or covered from rain / wind...

• Like 1

Somethign new or "just" anti cheat?

631 MB for "just" anti "cheats" seem a bit odd. And Hicks said onTwitter: You are free to explore.

Edited by Polini

No idea they just realeased it 5min ago,

20% download to go .... xD

hicks said he will let us explore

Edited by Brasilo

Probably new town in upper left corner.

And the bigger Novo and new NEAF 

And the bigger Novo and new NEAF 

Even bigger Novo? My PC gonna melt then, gotta avoid upper right corner of map untill I upgrade.

Completely unable to run this, I have restarted Steam several times and verified game files but all I get is 'unable to locate a running instance of Steam' when I try to launch it.

Find the process ID and end it in command prompt 

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/191668-kill-process-cmd.html

Uh, what? End Steam like this while it is running? End DayZ like this? That's not very helpful.

Steam shuts down the way it is supposed to so I can't do this after I've shut down Steam, and what good is it supposed to do to forcefully shut it down while it is running?

I've also tried to roll back to stable and my DayZ install is now permanently fucked, so that's very nice.

edit nevermind removing the appcache works.

Edited by wartzilla

Seeing throught walls is still possible.

M-maybe they will patch it next time.