kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

yeah :) but did not realized that it was going normal after a while :) we were just like "woa now you run as fast as without gun"

Oh, thank's God, I thought I am the only one.

Well I wish I could say something good about this update but, I really can't. It has become almost unplayable. Rubber banding or what ever you want to call it is pretty bad. Zombies still see and walk thru the walls. If they could just fix these two things I think it would help alot. :thumbsup:

Servers aren't spawning any loot, anyone know if this is being addressed?

I played a lot yesterday. Everyone was fine, but i lost 2 Characters.

Today I played for an hour. When i started is was playable. Then the Server "crashed" the connection?! We logged to another one - after some minutes, same problem!

I also got the massege to log out for saving my char.

I hope that it's fixed fast. Want to find new things :D

Edited by TheHappyMile

Please vote up this issue:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12933

Description: 

Critical: Server freezing when players are connecting to it Description That makes the game basicly unplayable. As soon as someone tries logging in, the server lags. All playermovement will reset once the connection of players is complete.

-On the other end: Whoever has a seemingly eternal "waiting for host" screen is causing these massive lags on the server.

-Invisible Zombies on some servers. Might be related to this.

Steps To Reproduce

Join an empty/half emtpy server. Move around your character, rightclick on any item in your inventory. As soon as it says "receiving" for more than 2 secs, you will notice that it correlates with people connecting to the server. After they connected, rubberbanding happens.

• Like 4

Many servers beeing unable to load/save char

I logged in today and found out that I lost my character

I discovered my character on a regular server had disappeared too.

I have an issue of losing my character as well. Sometimes I also get "The server has not been able to contact the central server to load a character" and sometimes not. But I'm almost always start with the new character. Only once server was able to load my previous character.

To anyone who have this issue as well, please vote up and comment on this Issue Report at Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

Edited by AL-97
  • Like 1

Well I wish I could say something good about this update but, I really can't. It has become almost unplayable. Rubber banding or what ever you want to call it is pretty bad. Zombies still see and walk thru the walls. If they could just fix these two things I think it would help alot. :thumbsup:

Come on guys, everyone who reads a little bit about the development knows that they are working on a completely new system for zed navigation. Why would they waste energy on fixing the existing system for zeds running through walls? It is not game and test breaking, so why waste devs in it?

Rubberbanding sucks, I admit that. It would be interesting to know if it is desync or the the server disagreeing with the client on where the player is thingy that was in experimental. Probably a mix out of both - who knows, maybe even other things as well. Either way rubberbanding seems to be different for player. Not as bad as in experimental, but still a big issue for me. I think for me it is mostly because of desync, because it often happens when the environment/inventory is also not responding.

Primal scream of pansyfication? You don't get out a lot do you..

What I'm suggesting is, if people really want to go running from Berezino to NEAF, get in some bushes and pull off a shot from snipers hill into west jail just like that, they're going to encounter some sway in their rifle. It's either that, or they can go back to CoD.

When you run with that amount of equipment, weapon in or out of hand - your lungs start requiring Oxygen faster, this is what makes a person pant. If you stop suddenly, your lungs are still going to be requiring higher amounts of Oxygen until your breathing has regulated again and this is absolutely normal, it happens to everyone. 

What the fuck are you on about? Wipe the dribble from your chin and try again - if you can't construct a sentence then don't bother trying.

Your argument is valid but doesn't cover the entire point. The weapon sway is too violent, also if your avatar is only a novice shooter, when in a rested condition. I.e. no sprinting or marathons happening before it. I'm talking about the minimum sway here, not amplified by fatigue. That is too violent. Sway caused by fatigue is fine.

Edited by Syphax4Ever

Servers aren't spawning any loot, anyone know if this is being addressed?

In the morning everything was ok and i could loot. When i went back in the game in the afternoon at once there was no loot. Also to mention that invisible zombies attacked me and i had much rubber banding, which i haven't had till now since patch release.

I want to ask something ın some game forums some peoples saying that DayZ will be completely survival game. They saying if you buying this game for pvp you made big mistake. Is it really true if theres no pvp whats point to make this fuckıng game online. Whats point to kill zombies alllday long loot, die , loot,die same fuckıng shit ? They saying thats why they making akm gun so rare in future they wıll make this game very very hard and they planned to prevent pvp actions ? Can someone tell me is it true or not ? If you say yes this is true then sorry its just bullshit and stupidity.

Edited by BayZ

Why shouldn't I become attached to my equipment?

*snip*

Just my two cents.

The game is in ALPHA!!

None of what you said matters because at anytime Bohemia can say fuck the hive, wipe all your asses, start fresh.

If you play the game knowing you can lose your stuff at an instant for any reason, you're doing it right.

• Like 1

I want to ask something ın some game forums some peoples saying that DayZ will be completely survival game. They saying if you buying this game for pvp you made big mistake. Is it really true if theres no pvp whats point to make this fuckıng game online. Whats point to kill zombies alllday long loot, die , loot,die same fuckıng shit ? They saying thats why they making akm gun so rare in future they wıll make this game very very hard and they planned to prevent pvp actions ? Can someone tell me is it true or not ? If you say yes this is true then sorry its just bullshit and stupidity.

Sandbox survival.

Interaction with other players makes it special, because of the feelings and the risk that it creates.

They are not going to prevent player interaction nor kill on sight or firefights or whatever.

Nonetheless, if you were looking for a different kind of CoD you got the wrong game. You will not spawn with a carabine and plenty of ammo in your hands or at your feet - at least in the non modded version of the game.

It is not a FPS, it is not a single player survival. It will be DayZ.

Welcome to what you didn't know you were buying :)

• Like 3

Description: 

Critical: Server freezing when players are connecting to it Description That makes the game basicly unplayable. As soon as someone tries logging in, the server lags. All playermovement will reset once the connection of players is complete.

-On the other end: Whoever has a seemingly eternal "waiting for host" screen is causing these massive lags on the server.

-Invisible Zombies on some servers. Might be related to this.

Steps To Reproduce

Join an empty/half emtpy server. Move around your character, rightclick on any item in your inventory. As soon as it says "receiving" for more than 2 secs, you will notice that it correlates with people connecting to the server. After they connected, rubberbanding happens.

This

To those who have an issue with random character wipes, here is the response from developer:

Hey there survivors.

Because of the large number of new threads opening regarding this issue, I will make this the primary report and close all future duplicates and link them here.

We are aware of issues with random character wipes and are working on a fix.

Please keep in mind that these resets can also happen when switching to different hives. Regular and hardcore servers each run on a different hive. There are also different hives for the normal and experimental versions of the game.

As always, please remember to keep the discussion civil and constructive!

Thank you!

and

Hey folks,

we have identified one situation where the game client is unable to retrieve a player's character from the database. We believe that it might be what was causing these unintended character resets. We will need to investigate around this issue a bit more however.

I will provide more information as soon as I'm able.

Thank you very much for your patience in this matter. Your feedback has been greatly appreciated.

You can read it yourself at http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78#c44043 and http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78#c55898

And remember, if you have this issue, please vote up an comment on this Issue Report at Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

Edited by AL-97
  • Like 1

I wish Gameservers would have sent out a notification saying they are switching 80% of all of their servers to private hives. And if they did, I didn't see/get anything regarding such.

As someone who routinely travels with two rifles, I assure you I would notice.

And yeah, good point about weight vs slots. I know they dont take weight into effect now, who knows if they ever will. Probably not, it would just create more bugs and conflict with the slot system.

Hahaha... DayZ devs don't take REALITY into effect...

I find it ludicrous that the binos now take up 4 slots, the same as a shirt. That some hats take up one slot, others 2, but shirts take up 4??? Guess the devs have:

1. Never camped before in their life.

2. Never humped a pack.

3. Never packed a rucksack.

4. Seen a rucksack.

The way the items take up the various slots now is completely hosed. But, I already beat that concept to death in another thread I made... :(

Firstly you know nothing about me and I will be happy to keep it that way.

Secondly no one is talking about the effect of running on the body and its ability to stop suddenly and then fire!. What we are talking about is the sway of the weapons when looking through the scopes. It is out of all proportion to reality REGARDLESS of whether anyone has run a distance or not! In fact aiming the rifles WITHOUT the scopes have far less sway to them. It is almost negligible in fact.

I think you have not managed to test these rifles your self and are just drawn into the conversation by the prospect of making absurd and belittling comments about others.

Yeah, completely correct. In fact, I've never played DayZ before. I just come here to troll.

I have no idea what problem any of you are having. If I run to a location with a LRS and Mosin, take up a firing position and wait for my breath to regulate, zoom in on my target and hold my breath, the sway feels exactly the same. It only feels different after running for a period of time and then trying to take a shot, but that's just how sway works. You can't expect to take that shot.

Yeah, since it also deleted my char multiple times after joining the exact same server which I was forced to leave because of bugs in the first place.

I am definitely not easily to satisfy, and so should'nt you. We've been waiting for progress to be made for long enough, I think.

Have you ever developed a game before? There's been games on the market that have been in development for 3 decades. That's 30 years and once you've got to the end game, there's nothing to do. I consider myself very appreciative that we play a game where we can see patches and new content released, bugs being fixed and much more. Maybe that's just the generation were in though.

im cool with everything, but not with smoother gameplay... anyway i am still not disapointed :)

Glad to hear that, maybes it's a hardware issue, I feel as though mouse movement and FPS is much greater after this patch.

Your argument is valid but doesn't cover the entire point. The weapon sway is too violent, also if your avatar is only a novice shooter, when in a rested condition. I.e. no sprinting or marathons happening before it. I'm talking about the minimum sway here, not amplified by fatigue. That is too violent. Sway caused by fatigue is fine.

See the answer to my first quote, I haven't seen any change in weapon sway as long as I haven't been moving before hand. Even when I have been moving and I need to use my weapon straight away, I use a defensive position, regulate my breathing while keeping the target at bay with suppressive fire and then use short bursts to increase accuracy.

In regards to character resets, I stay on public hive reg and HC, I don't join a server unless it's public hive and while loading in, if I see a big red warning message in chat saying it has not been able to load my character, I it escape as fast as possible and rejoin.

Description: 

You were faster than me. 24/27 times during serious lag/rubberband at least one player tried to join. Vote that up guys !

-other-

I had a TTsKO pants yesterday and someone shot me. All stuff lost quality (in my pants), pants ruined, except the AK Handrail. I don't have time to test it, maybe i was lucky i don't know. But i would really appreciate if someone test this. I don't plan to make a ticket with only one instance.

(sry about bad english)

<< Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death >>

ok, I'm real slow

- sorry -

but after all the discussion I still don't get it

what can you do after death EXCEPT disconnect ??

so what's the " if " about ?

<< Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death >>

ok, I'm real slow

- sorry -

but after all the discussion I still don't get it

what can you do after death EXCEPT disconnect ??

so what's the " if " about ?

You can choose to respawn instead of disconnecting.

• Like 2

You can choose to respawn instead of disconnecting.

yes, thanks.

ok - so you have to respawn in the same server

or else... what ?

If you disconnect directly after death, then spawn in a different server, you will lose that new character as soon as you disconnect again.

So yes, you should always respawn in the same server in which you died. If you want to leave, respawn first, then disconnect.

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 3

If you disconnect directly after you die, then connect to a different server and spawn. You will lose that new character and all the gear he/she has as soon as you disconnect.

So yes, you should always respawn in the same server you died in. If you want to leave, respawn first, then disconnect.

thank you - at last I understand

• Like 1

Some bugs with this update (stuff disappearing, unsteady aim...), however the result is globally positive. 

• Like 1