kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

You didn't even read my comment. I wasn't even adressing you. If anything I was supporting your argument, that is why I quoted your post and not emigrates. You might want to read my above comment carefully again. I didn't even once adressed the actual content of your quote. So what exactly are you talking about?

Haha, I had to re-read your comment about 5 times, but finally did see that you were agreeing with me. Sorry about that, you phrased it very confusingly. I also responded before you edited and added information. ;)

Edited by blaeZ

"If it were "realism" like you say, that sway would get worse, not improve, once you start strafing."

That wouldn't be realism, that would be bullshit, because that doesn't happen. Your ability to utilize the weapon's accuracy will lessen, but surely the sway will not increase. Unless you are one of those people that can never learn to pull the weapon tight against their shoulder.

Here's what you dont get. If im aiming down sight, OF COURSE the weapon will be tight in my shoulder. I was aimed down sight both when I was standing still and strafing. And you're taking my argument with the other guy out of context. Regardless, your "learn to pull the weapon in to the shoulder" argument is invalid. Thanks.

Edited by blaeZ

Here's what you dont get. If im aiming down sight, OF COURSE the weapon will be tight in my shoulder. I was aimed down sight both when I was standing still and strafing. And you're taking my argument with the other guy out of context. Regardless, your "learn to pull the weapon in to the shoulder" argument is invalid. Thanks.

The weapon sway IS wrong at the moment, but you said it would be realistic for the weapon sway to be minimal when stationary, and then amplify when you start to strafe. In that case, you are wrong. If the weapon is tight to your shoulder, it isn't going to sway more when you are moving left and right. Of course, you won't be able to utilize the weapon's accuracy, but the weapon isn't going to start swaying like it weighs 200 lbs. I think they should take a LOT of notes from Arma 3's weapon ergonomics.

i am talking about the point that every second person i met had a fully equipped m4 with a lot of ammo, of course they all shot on sight.... what else to do with a M4  ..... -.-  , i managed to kill one after many deaths and he even had multiple 60round stacks of 5.56 ammo, i could not use them, but maybe there already is a way again to use them odr even get a M4 by cheating .... 

just saying .... maybe i just had real baluck to meet everyone with a M4 they had from before or even hackers .... but really almost every second person had one ....  :/

If it is flooded with m4s then it is through no fault of the build, because they have drastically cut back on the spawning of m4, mags and parts (all only spawn at heli sites). Personally I wouldn't have minded a character wipe following this, but at least they got rid of the hack mags. The m4 wielding guys will die out soon enough, either through being killed or because they will gradually switch to AKMs. Though these spawn less frequently than the m4s did in the previous build, I suspect a bit of serverhopping (and duping) will probably cause these to be proliferated throughout the game in a short period of time.

• Like 1

The weapon sway IS wrong at the moment, but you said it would be realistic for the weapon sway to be minimal when stationary, and then amplify when you start to strafe. In that case, you are wrong. If the weapon is tight to your shoulder, it isn't going to sway more when you are moving left and right. Of course, you won't be able to utilize the weapon's accuracy, but the weapon isn't going to start swaying like it weighs 200 lbs. I think they should take a LOT of notes from Arma 3's weapon ergonomics.

Nope, you're putting words in my mouth. You took that out of the context of a seperate argument. The guy said it was realism that the weapon swayed when standing still and not when moving. I just reminded him that according to realism, the weapon should sway even worse when someone is strafing vs standing still. But in the current alpha build that isnt the case.

Stop taking stuff out of context.

Edited by blaeZ

What does initial implementation of dynamic server events mean ? I saw it on the change log posted on the first page , I assume it's for the heli crashes or something ?

What does initial implementation of dynamic server events mean ? I saw it on the change log posted on the first page , I assume it's for the heli crashes or something ?

Indeed. I looted one on stable yesterday.

Nope, you're putting words in my mouth. You took that out of the context of a seperate argument. The guy said it was realism that the weapon swayed when standing still and not when moving. I just reminded him that according to realism, the weapon would definitely sway as well, even worse when someone was strafing. But in the current alpha build that isnt the case.

Stop taking stuff out of context.

I'm not taking stuff out of context. I'm correcting your mistake based on what you said. Don't blame the other guy. If you want a good demo of how a weapon should look when it's operator is moving, go look at Arma 3. To be honest, the weapon sway we have now is unrealistic by far. In all my years of comp shooting, I have never had my weapon "lag" behind my line-of-sight.

I'm not taking stuff out of context. I'm correcting your mistake based on what you said. Don't blame the other guy. If you want a good demo of how a weapon should look when it's operator is moving, go look at Arma 3. To be honest, the weapon sway we have now is unrealistic by far. In all my years of comp shooting, I have never had my weapon "lag" behind my line-of-sight.

I never said what we have now is realistic. You obviously can't read, so I'm done. Carry on troll.

Edited by blaeZ

Troll on.

Is that your ending argument to everyone who disagree's with you? You said the exact same thing to another guy above....

The weapon sway is definitely unrealistic and a poor way of adding the "difficulty" factor to shooting long ranges.  Even without a bipod while prone and in a good shooting position, your weapon barely sways.  What I find aggravating is that a proper shooting stance can eliminate your weapon swaying in real life but in the game, you have no control over it.  

Your eyes adjust, when you wait some time and don't look into a light source, your surroundings get brighter again. Worked before also with the gas lamp for example. Unless it is messed up and way stronger than before, it's a feature, not a bug.

Well i was looking at a house i didnt even see the fire directly (but walls dont block light so i guess it doesnt matter) and like i said it was pitch black everywhere else and thats defenitly not normal

(irl)

where the hell does AKM go??

i could find any today!

i am so sad!

I found mine in the barracks at balota... along with a 75 round drum.

Can someone tell me if the spawnpoints are still 90% east coast based?

From my experience, 90% sounds pretty close. Not sure if they were adjusted for the patch though.

Edited by blaeZ

The weapon sway is definitely unrealistic and a poor way of adding the "difficulty" factor to shooting long ranges.  Even without a bipod while prone and in a good shooting position, your weapon barely sways.  What I find aggravating is that a proper shooting stance can eliminate your weapon swaying in real life but in the game, you have no control over i

Edited by FragBeer

The weapon sway is definitely unrealistic and a poor way of adding the "difficulty" factor to shooting long ranges.  Even without a bipod while prone and in a good shooting position, your weapon barely sways.  What I find aggravating is that a proper shooting stance can eliminate your weapon swaying in real life but in the game, you have no control over i

True, anyone that have fired a gun before knows that..

Sorry, but when it comes to the choice of no more hackmags in the game and your 30 mins worth of serverjumping m4 ammo, I know without hesitation what I would choose.

Wow, great community. Spend 4 days gathering supplies just to be accused of server hopping, didn't you read any of my previous posts? I play on MY OWN SERVER. - NO hopping was done.

P.S the simplest way to stop these hacked mags is anything containing more than 60 rounds in one stack should be removed, not the 60 round stacks. And btw, hacked mags still exist. We killed a dude last night coming out of the wall with a burlap sack on his head with 2 hacked mags, we ditched them on the floor and reset the server so they haven't removed all of them and they do still exist.

Edited by Aj90lfc

Any word on when we can get a fix for this stupid character not saving stuff? Game is entirely unplayable because of it.

Why sprinting speed with weapon in hands is the same like without it? That change happens after last patch with new animations.

Been laying prone for 5 minutes, still can't steady my aim with a long range scope even when holding breath, the sway needs to be nerfed a bit.

• Like 1

Why sprinting speed with weapon in hands is the same like without it? That change happens after last patch with new animations.

Why should it be all that different? Just taking a gun off your back shouldn't magically make you slower the weight was always on your body.

However it's kind of crap that people with guns can just chase you now as a new spawn the insane run speed difference was like your only defence...

Anyone used the bow? I killed a zombie with it, it's fairly innacurate I aimed right at the thing and missed twice from like 5m away maybe slightly more.

1 kit KO though so that's decent.

• Like 1

Why should it be all that different? Just taking a gun off your back shouldn't magically make you slower the weight was always on your body.

Have you ever even ran with a rifle in your hand? Pistol... ok maybe not... but a real rifle? You ain't sprintin' the same as without a rifle in your hands... that's for sure.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm trying to find a different weapon to retire the Mosin/Long Range Scope.  I use a PU Scope but there's more drift on that too.  I think it's back to the M4 for me. 

Have you ever even ran with a rifle in your hand? Pistol... ok maybe not... but a real rifle? You ain't sprintin' the same as without a rifle in your hands... that's for sure.

I dont think he was saying that you should be able to run the same speed, just the difference shouldnt be as great as it was in the previous build. Its pretty obvious you'd be able to run faster with your hands free.