kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Rubberbanding was fixed, that was one of the main criteria for 0.45 to get moved to stabile :)

Yes, Thanks but my question is about this:

http://youtu.be/qy9gJfr9NsA

Has been fixed wall glitches caused by desync issues?

Reported this already in a topic that is now closed.

But my very old characters lost some items.(I am happy we didn't have a character reset).

On regular I lost a compass I had for at least 2 months and on hardcore I lost my binos which I had since they became available.

Anyone else experiencing random item loss?

Both were in strong boxes, could this have to do with resizing other items that were in there so not enough room was left in the box and one item got deleted?

Bino's now take up 4 spaces which means I lost my Mosin ammo as it took up the other 3 spaces where the ammo was.

Edited by alferret

New sounds for walking in houses with wooden floors, sounds a bit naff really but different :)

Undocumented changes provided by the wiki team:

New

• Action: Ashwood stick can be cut into pieces with a hacksaw
  • Animation: Animation for drinking from Ponds added
  • Animation: New Crouch walk animations
  • Building: New Industrial building ((how is it called?))
  • Clothing: Glasses with thin frames and Glasses with thick frames
  • Event: Helicopter crash sites spawn at server start (3 per server)
  • Item: Fireplace Kit added
  • Item: Composite Arrow added
  • Sound: New Building Footstep Sounds
  • Weapon: P1 Pistol
Fixed
  • Zombie corpses no longer blocks players.

Enjoy

• Like 3

Logitech G13 analog joystick no longer working for character movement, no longer shows up in Devices

Neither does xbox 360 controller. This was an issue in experimental and sadly now in Stable I cannot use my device anymore.

I am trying to sign up to feedback tracker but it hasn't sent me the email.

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

Logitech G13 analog joystick no longer working for character movement, no longer shows up in Devices

Neither does xbox 360 controller. This was an issue in experimental and sadly now in Stable I cannot use my device anymore

Make sure to use the bugtracker.

But my very old characters lost some items.(I am happy we didn't have a character reset).

On regular I lost a compass I had for at least 2 months and on hardcore I lost my binos which I had since they became available.

Both were in strong boxes, could this have to do with resizing other items that were in there so not enough room was left in the box and one item got deleted?

I am just happy that I did not lose my FNX, but sizes were changed. Binos now use 4 slots, so if your inventory was too full, that might be the reason. My binos were still there, but I had some room in my inventory.

"Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death"

How big an issue is this?

To me it sounds like when you die, your next character was created immediatelly. Now if you exit and come back, you get a new one again. At least I hope that's it and you are not stuck with no character. But then why put it even in the changelogs we see? We would not have known anyways...I hope it's not someting bigger.

I take it that even though the antibiotics now cure you, diseases aren't actually implemented yet?

Don't know, what do you get, when you eat raw meat?

Has anyone crafted an improvised leather backpack yet? Did not work for me on experimental. I crafted "a ." there...

Undocumented changes provided by the wiki team:

New

• Action: Ashwood stick can be cut into pieces with a hacksaw
  • Animation: Animation for drinking from Ponds added
  • Animation: New Crouch walk animations
  • Building: New Industrial building ((how is it called?))
  • Clothing: Glasses with thin frames and Glasses with thick frames
  • Event: Helicopter crash sites spawn at server start (3 per server)
  • Item: Fireplace Kit added
  • Item: Composite Arrow added
  • Sound: New Building Footstep Sounds
  • Weapon: P1 Pistol
Fixed
  • Zombie corpses no longer blocks players.

Enjoy

do you know something about the akm? cause changelog only talks about the attachments

• Like 1

Speaking on behalf of all of those that appreciate the hard work, thanks for this update keep up the great work fellas.

• Like 1

do you know something about the akm? cause changelog only talks about the attachments

its in, havent been to a mil base yet, but it was in experimental

Neither does xbox 360 controller. This was an issue in experimental and sadly now in Stable I cannot use my device anymore.

I am trying to sign up to feedback tracker but it hasn't sent me the email.

Exactly the same problem, a few of us posted about this, I can't believe it wasn't fixed, now I can't play until next patch, this is bullshit, I've waited ages for this to get updated from exp in hope it would be fixed. 

I guess they didn't even bother to look at the bug feed back we were giving and only fix what they see when they play.

• Like 1

Exactly the same problem, a few of us posted about this, I can't believe it wasn't fixed, now I can't play until next patch, this is bullshit, I've waited ages for this to get updated from exp in hope it would be fixed. 

I guess they didn't even bother to look at the bug feed back we were giving and only fix what they see when they play.

Hi yes i can play but sadly have to set up joystick to WSAD which feels clunky to me and have to toggle walk so yes i feel your pain, I can't see the issue in the bug tracker so i have added it here

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12762

Edited by AgentNe0

1 month for a weak patch. Have a nice day.

I wouldnt say weak. This patch contains everything what I atleast wanted: animals,hunting,fishing,fireplaces and cooking
  • Like 1

1 month for a weak patch. Have a nice day.

weak patch?? some people you can never please. 

its in, havent been to a mil base yet, but it was in experimental

Had a quick run around Balota and didnt see any guns other than an SKS and a FNX and that was straight after a server reset.

401) Duck Feeding:
The feeding of Ducks is strictly forbidden as it may result in undesired life extension.

Report the Trolls please.

If they have nothing to add to the Topic then we can consider as spam.

Everybody must be out cooking meat in the woods, no snipers for me to snipe around Balota Airfield.

• Like 3

in changelog list i dont see bullet drop issue fixed,did they?i dont wanna be annoying,but its one of the basic things in the game that missing...

• Like 2

Had a quick run around Balota and didnt see any guns other than an SKS and a FNX and that was straight after a server reset.

the m4 also didnt spawn very frequently, and because the akm replaced m4 spawns i would just say it was bad luck

you should try NWAF instead of balota, if you dont find one in an untouched NWAF,try it again, and if again not, its maybe not implemented

also, that would mean no gun that cant spawn everywhere, would spawn in mil locations (due to m4 spawns reduced to only random chopper crashes) wich would render them useless, wich is very unlikely

Edited by rotteck

They need to implement a system where a certain percentage of an ammo pile gets ruined. The old method (only 1 ruined round) and the new one (all ruined) are ridiculous. Your damage system isn't precise enough at the moment to warrant destroying everything. Fix it.

• Like 2

Can i just ask what is the point in adding hunting and cooking right now? There is no need to spend all that time of the fire and animals to hunt and cook when there is no need........sure we all will do it for a few times just to see it but thin..........its just in the game and no one will use it. Now for the reason why there is no need for it as the game stands - food is every where in the game, and it does not take much to keep you running, so i ask you would you rather chop a tree down, gather sticks and cloth to start a fire, than gather matches to light it, than go out and hunt a deer, be sure to have a knife on you....than get a cooking pot........and cook the meat...and be sure not to burn it...................... or would you rather just find a can of beans and eat it with only needing a way to open it. I love the idea of hunting and cooking your food but as is the game is not ready way to many food spawns making it a wast of time to hunt and cook, it will be fun the first few times. If they fix the food spawn to where it is hard as fuck to find a can of food than hell yes good move giving us fishing and hunting, but right now i think they just wasted a month of there time.

• Like 1

How come my dysync shows 3 different things? (Ex: 30, 60, 90) The game is not playable for me. Its like this in every server. 

My hardcore character seems to have lost his binos as well. It has been a while since I played stable, so I can't exactly remember what he had, but at least I have the white silhuette in the action bar, and no binos in inventory, and I can think of no reason why I would have dropped them deliberately, because I always try and have binos for each character I play.

Can i just ask what is the point in adding hunting and cooking right now? There is no need to spend all that time of the fire and animals to hunt and cook when there is no need........sure we all will do it for a few times just to see it but thin..........its just in the game and no one will use it. Now for the reason why there is no need for it as the game stands - food is every where in the game, and it does not take much to keep you running, so i ask you would you rather chop a tree down, gather sticks and cloth to start a fire, than gather matches to light it, than go out and hunt a deer, be sure to have a knife on you....than get a cooking pot........and cook the meat...and be sure not to burn it...................... or would you rather just find a can of beans and eat it with only needing a way to open it. I love the idea of hunting and cooking your food but as is the game is not ready way to many food spawns making it a wast of time to hunt and cook, it will be fun the first few times. If they fix the food spawn to where it is hard as fuck to find a can of food than hell yes good move giving us fishing and hunting, but right now i think they just wasted a month of there time.

You know some people actually choose not to go easymode in every game they play.

• Like 4

I have searched NWAF 4 times now and have not found a single AKM. Found around 10 SKS-s though. In my opinion Dayz Dev team really showed with this how incompetent they really are and forgot to add AKM into the loot spawns.

• Like 1