dubghall

Why are there basically no 3pp:off servers - grow a pair.

Yes yes I know you all love console games!! so you you love wtfpwzring people you can see from behind your wall... 

But shouldnt there' be more than 7 of us who aren't panzies on the game at a time?  Of the 3 servers i find that have 3pp off in the title, only one actually does.  Also suddenly... about 5-6 servers that usta have it off are gone...

Just dont get it...

• Like 3

I wish they would do something like "The Fourth Wall" mod. If it was done properly we would not even need separate hives. No "hardcore", just "DayZ".

y8DR5fQ.png

• Like 8

Well, don't search for 3pp:off. Filter your gamemode to hardcore.

Anyway, while I normally do play on hardcore, I really do prefer regular. Why? I have just played many games for a long time, and many of them happened to be third person. So, do I use 3p to my advantage in firefights? No. Whenever I move into a high risk area or if I'm in a firefight, etc. I switch to first person, and I feel that being the underdog in these fights without the third person, adds an extra adrenaline rush, an extra need to be tactical and peek effectively. These are just my opinions, but for the most part, I agree that there are too many people playing Regular.

• Like 6

boo hoo no-one wants to play what I play and I feel entitled to say that they should do what I want and how I want and if they don't then they are pussies. get off your soap box kid this has been discussed at length and its not going to change. if you like 3rd person so be it same with 1st person only. I see this thread as a KOS thread yeah everyone has opinion and everyone plays different get over yourself and deal with it. jesus fucking Christ. end rant

Edited by gannon46
  • Like 18

More or less what Gannon said.. People are free to play as they wish. Remember originally there were no " Hardcore " Servers? People complained got what they wanted, And it didn't turn out to be what they wanted, so people trickled back to 3pp servers. I personally love Hardcore servers, However most the people I play with dislike them... 

It's all personal preference.. It's basically the same as me saying " L2p ply on 3pp $3rv3r$ nub. "

People are just used too much to the 3rd person crap imo. One gets used to 1st person only rather quickly if given an honest chance, imo. I think many people just wanna look at their chars from time to time, esp for some screenshots, beside the obvious campy 3rd person abusing. Many people are campers. The wallglitchers at NEA and roofcampers in berenzino are evidence of that. Esp the whole roofcamper concept would fall apart if there was only 1st person.

Imo we should get rid of 3rd person alltogether. Maybe would make for some less facepalming too while watching streams. I can't watch when people enter buildings in their 3rd person crap and then get shot because they can hardly aim at their enemies, just because they don't switch to 1st person.

Fuck your "playstyle". Get rid of 3rd person and force it on everyone. It's no big deal in any other shooter, why here then? It would transform some aspects of the game.

And to find more than 3 hardcore servers, don't enter any filters at all. The filters just look for matches in servernames. Just refresh without filter and then sort by gamemode.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 4

Lamecore is exactly that. It's for gamers who wear diapers and still live with their mothers. It's also the viewmode preferred by bandits and hackers as these people are losers in life who can't achieve anything without needing to cheat and bully online to make up for their miserable offline existence.

Hardcore is for experienced players who know what they are doing and are better at the game.

In regards to the server browser I wish I could filter for both name and game type as that would allow me to use "exp", "hardcore" then sort via ping. Currently I can only filter for experimental which then sort by ping resulting in lamecore servers showing up.

• Like 5

mhh...all my favorited Servers are hardcore and they are allways full or almost full.

There are plenty of servers using hardcore rules, I think I've got 7 or 8 in my favourites list with plenty more active in the main server list, so really don't know what you're moaning about.

Edited by leviaxxan
  • Like 1

With reference to consoles, and coming from a console background, I feel that comment is lost on me. Are you saying 3rd person is for console gamers? Dude, consoles live and die by 1st person.

Dude, consoles live and die by 1st person.

"Dude" what tosh.

Typical console games are 3rd person like Tomb Raider.

Typical (master race) PC games are 1st person like Battlefield or CoD.

** insert obligatory 'deal with it gif' **

Lamecore is exactly that. It's for gamers who wear diapers and still live with their mothers. It's also the viewmode preferred by bandits and hackers as these people are losers in life who can't achieve anything without needing to cheat and bully online to make up for their miserable offline existence.

Hardcore is for experienced players who know what they are doing and are better at the game.

In regards to the server browser I wish I could filter for both name and game type as that would allow me to use "exp", "hardcore" then sort via ping. Currently I can only filter for experimental which then sort by ping resulting in lamecore servers showing up.

Not at all, third person players just prefer the view point..day z has headbob even when turned off,, navigating in small houses is pretty awkward in their First person..Third person gives you a more realistic pheripheral vision..rather than tunnel vision First person..Its more of a graphical visual preference.it really doesn't affect gameplay as much as people go on about. In real life I can easily hop, stand on tip toes or lean my head to see around fences, or over small walls. much like using the view.

1. I like being able to see my character

2. Hardcore feels clunky

3. I bought the game and can play it how i like.

• Like 2

There are plenty of half-full hardcore servers when you open the server list..

I play on hardcore too, because I prefer playing in first person and I rarely think about switching to third person because of it.

Not at all, third person players just prefer the view point..day z has headbob even when turned off,, navigating in small houses is pretty awkward in their First person..Third person gives you a more realistic pheripheral vision..rather than tunnel vision First person..Its more of a graphical visual preference.it really doesn't affect gameplay as much as people go on about. In real life I can easily hop, stand on tip toes or lean my head to see around fences, or over small walls. much like using the view.

:lol: What utter rubbish.

Loosely translated you've just admitted that you aren't good enough at the game to play it without "visual hacks". 

I wish they would do something like "The Fourth Wall" mod. If it was done properly we would not even need separate hives. No "hardcore", just "DayZ".

y8DR5fQ.png

The problem i have with the fourth wall is that it doesn't hide everything, and really, it should. When you wander in a town in dayZ, if you don't exactly know how the next intersection is laid out, why should you be able to aquire that information by 3PP peeking?

Yes yes I know you all love console games!! so you you love wtfpwzring people you can see from behind your wall... 

But shouldnt there' be more than 7 of us who aren't panzies on the game at a time?  Of the 3 servers i find that have 3pp off in the title, only one actually does.  Also suddenly... about 5-6 servers that usta have it off are gone...

Just dont get it...

Clearly you must be retarded, I have no problem finding full pop hardcore servers

Clearly you must be retarded, I have no problem finding full pop hardcore servers

Clearly you must be a douche. He is not you and maybe he plays in a different region? Or he just didn't know that "hardcore" is exactly "3pp:off" right now? Because its not obvious you know.

The problem i have with the fourth wall is that it doesn't hide everything, and really, it should. When you wander in a town in dayZ, if you don't exactly know how the next intersection is laid out, why should you be able to aquire that information by 3PP peeking?

Shhhh don't try to use logic on their illogical "solution."

3pp is bullshit and people who defend it are the ones using it to gain an unfair advantage over others by peeking around corners. Complete bullshit. l2p and stop being little bitches please.

:lol: What utter rubbish.

Loosely translated you've just admitted that you aren't good enough at the game to play it without "visual hacks". 

Good enough has nothing to do with it, my characters are full geared on hard core as well, I often play it but do not prefer it..I prefer a third person view point

listen this is not rubbish., in real life your pheripheral vision is 120 degrees and you can see to the sides just flicking your eyes, third person view pulls the camera back giving you that wider view.. Its just a visual preference thing, and what about looking over walls in real life, you can do that easily enough, but the game is not that advanced.

I grew up loving resident evil , silent hill, and not call of duty and counterstrike, So I've always like third person games.

• Like 1

the wall in that screenshot is so low it just prooves my point. The character could easily grab the wall with his hands and pull his eyes up to see over it.

Why do people who prefer first person feel the need to be so nasty and insulting?  You're not going to win people over by being assholes you know.

They constantly say first person is for "hardcore" and "mature" players, while simultaneously acting like children.

Look at the thread title "grow a pair," yes, because clearly a "true man" feels the need to belittle people who don't share his preferences.

Everyone's free to play the game how they like, that's why options exist.

• Like 9

y8DR5fQ.png

Probably because it looks stupid?. Oh and Round 454545663565656 of the 1PP babies who have their own servers now but don't play in them versus everybody else.

Edited by Victus Mortuus
  • Like 3

Probably because it looks stupid?. Oh and Round 454545663565656 of the 1PP babies who have their own servers now but don't play in them versus everybody else.

Looks stupid? It's realistic.