Cap'n (DayZ)

The scary truth about the firestaton...

...it isn't really a fire station! *dun dun DUN!*

After doing some reading, I decided to translate the metal signs on some enterable houses, and found some interesting things. People always complained about a lack of municipal buildings, police buildings, and post offices. Truth is, WE DO HAVE THESE THINGS!

The problem, however, is Bohemia found a crafty way to circumvent actually making these things. If you're observant, quite a few "houses" have these metal signs, with writing in Cyrillic and Latin, which is both Chernarussian (or Czech, if you're uncreative). I went through the agonizing process of translating Cyrillic Czech into normal Czech into English, and I found that all these signs meant something. Post office, municipality, police department, restaurant, inn, etc.

Well, there was a sign on the "fire station"...

It's a District Department Militia. Fancy way of saying, POLICE STATION!

So, the dev team went through the unnecessary act of creating a second model for another police station, and we all had it wrong.

Learn something new, didn't ya?

Edited by Cap'n
  • Like 16

Pretty sure its still the fire station.  Just because someone writes it on a sign and slaps it on a building doesn't make it true.

And I love how you subtly insulted everyone in your post.  Congratulations, you used Google translate to figure out something that no one gives two shit dicks about.

Edited by aimbot.eXe
  • Like 2

Ouch. Cranky twat much?

You should post some pics and throw that shit up on reddit as well. As someone who tries to roleplay this game, it would enrich my experience if I knew what purpose some of these buildings actually served.

Beans to you.

Even if you did steal my MREs.... Ya I remember you, you little shit ;)

• Like 6

I find fire axes there. Firemen use fire axes! Maybe that "District Department Militia" is a militia against fires as well as holding a police role? Or maybe the sign is wrong, akin to someone switching the signs on the men's and women's bathrooms?

• Like 1

Its a firestation. It has those sliding pars where firemen slide down on in an alarm case. It has Trucksized garagedoors and an alarm bell on the tower. Maybe googletranslator messed up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVF3IBUCEAAYplF.jpg:large

there you can see the sliding poles

http://merinomedic.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/68_2.jpg

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

I'm still going to call it the Firehouse/Fire Station same as I always have. It's the "medical building" habit I need to break since the 1-story orange buildings no longer occupy that role.

I've translated every billboard and many, many, many other signs in Chernarus in my time playing. If there are any you're curious about, I've probably already translated them and could save you the work. Some are really quite interesting.

Example: You know the soda machines and billboard ads you see all over the place? The name of that soda essentially translates to "phlegm" or "spit" :P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Ouch. Cranky twat much?

You should post some pics and throw that shit up on reddit as well. As someone who tries to roleplay this game, it would enrich my experience if I knew what purpose some of these buildings actually served.

Beans to you.

Even if you did steal my MREs.... Ya I remember you, you little shit ;)

God, that was forever ago...

They were delicious.

• Like 1

Pretty sure its still the fire station.  Just because someone writes it on a sign and slaps it on a building doesn't make it true.

And I love how you subtly insulted everyone in your post.  Congratulations, you used Google translate to figure out something that no one gives two shit dicks about.

Yes. I have a stinging, recessed resentment for this community for several reasons (I could go on, but I won't). Oh, and YES, it does. If I slapped a sign on my restaurant saying "restaurant", I'm pretty damn sure it's a restaurant. It doesn't help that it physically resembles a firestation.

And I'm sure someone cares. It's just trivia, don't be a colossal jerk about it-

Yes. I have a stinging, recessed resentment for this community for several reasons (I could go on, but I won't). Oh, and YES, it does. If I slapped a sign on my restaurant saying "restaurant", I'm pretty damn sure it's a restaurant. It doesn't help that it physically resembles a firestation.

And I'm sure someone cares. It's just trivia, don't be a colossal jerk about it-

So if I slap a sign on my house that says, FBI HQ, does that make it the FBI HQ?

• Like 1

So if I slap a sign on my house that says, FBI HQ, does that make it the FBI HQ?

No, but Bohemia did it with the fucking intent that it was a motherfucking police station. So it is.

Do fire stations usually stock handgun ammunition? Those fired in chernarus are rowdy!

• Like 1

one important clarification. Czech language DON´T have cyrilic version. Czech language use only LATIN font!!! So everything in cyrilic (or azbuka) is written in russia language. You can find couple billboards in-land which are written in czech language (for example . . . toilet paper Harmasan) ;-)

No, but Bohemia did it with the fucking intent that it was a motherfucking police station. So it is.

Gonna ask you a question or two. Does the current Alpha version of DayZ SA have any bugs in the system? (the answer is 'yes'). How do you know the signs aren't bugged? (the answer is 'you do not know for sure'). I have a feeling the guy who put the signs on the buildings is the same guy who let the bunny rabbit make zombie sounds. It's probably the night janitor, having a hell of a time pranking the forum crowd. 

Gonna ask you a question or two. Does the current Alpha version of DayZ SA have any bugs in the system? (the answer is 'yes'). How do you know the signs aren't bugged? (the answer is 'you do not know for sure'). I have a feeling the guy who put the signs on the buildings is the same guy who let the bunny rabbit make zombie sounds. It's probably the night janitor, having a hell of a time pranking the forum crowd. 

I was viewing this in ArmA 2.

That was the original intent- these buildings were supposed to be city police stations. They just look too much like a fire station or have a dual purpose. But I'm positive it was no mistake.

one important clarification. Czech language DON´T have cyrilic version. Czech language use only LATIN font!!! So everything in cyrilic (or azbuka) is written in russia language. You can find couple billboards in-land which are written in czech language (for example . . . toilet paper Harmasan) ;-)

Well, from my understanding, Chernarussian is technically the Czech language. The Cyrillic must be Russian. Makes sense, as there is a sizeable Russian minority.

Hey Cap'n, I think your tampon needs replacing. You sound like you're getting cranky. 

Chaps, chaps, chaps. No need for the vitriol.

Perhaps there are two types of police in Chernarus? Like the National Police and the City Police, or something like that? Maybe one type of police handles stuff like burglaries, civil disorder and traffic, while the other type of police handles putting out fires?

Well cheers for the info. I had always thought they had a different intended use, same with the "school". Just people branded them this and that buildings, because that's what they most resembled.

Any ideas what the "school" is actually meat to be??

Any ideas what the "school" is actually meat to be??

It was supposed to be a combination funeral home/bingo parlor.  :P

Only question would be, how is any of this "scary"? :)

I'm intrigued. I remember seeing signs on the red brick building and the piano house. Wonder what those say...

And the "school" always struck me as an office building, but perhaps it's a post office? 

I love these small, useless facts, I really do  :D

One of the old brick residential houses has signs on interior doors that says "kitchen" and "toilette". Problem is you can't get in the bathroom and there's a bathtub in the kitchen...

• Like 1

I'm intrigued. I remember seeing signs on the red brick building and the piano house. Wonder what those say...

And the "school" always struck me as an office building, but perhaps it's a post office? 

I love these small, useless facts, I really do  :D

The school actually is an office. Its model is literally named "office2".

• Like 2

Only question would be, how is any of this "scary"? :)

It was trivia and a poor joke. Then everyone went fucking nuts.

• Like 1