Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

Real question about the community

Seriously guys, if you're one of the kind of players im about to describe, please answer this.

What is the point of locking yourself in a 2 story building, and waiting for fresh spawns to run in so you can shoot them?

Is there a point to it? Do you gain anything? I really don't see it as a thrill, I'd consider it being on the same level as the group of people that ruined call of duty.

• Like 2

I wonder the same thing. The best aspect of this game is interacting with people and the rush you get from trying to figure out if they are truly friendly or if they are going to try and stab you in the back. Why someone would kill someone without a weapon let alone a bambi is baffling. Unless someone is attacking you or acting suspicious, talk to them and get to know their story.

Edited by SniperwolfMR
  • Like 1

It's not necessary.

But people change when they think they are anonymous.

I can spell anonymous but a can't spell necessary....

• Like 1

i actully enjoy doing this, but i dont kill them on sight. I tend to have some fun with them first, handcuff em, burlap sack em, force feed them tons of rotten food and the letting them go off.

hilarious.

• Like 1

i actully enjoy doing this, but i dont kill them on sight. I tend to have some fun with them first, handcuff em, burlap sack em, force feed them tons of rotten food and the letting them go off.

hilarious.

lWZfDPf.jpg

• Like 8

Seriously guys, if you're one of the kind of players im about to describe, please answer this.

What is the point of locking yourself in a 2 story building, and waiting for fresh spawns to run in so you can shoot them?

Is there a point to it? Do you gain anything? I really don't see it as a thrill, I'd consider it being on the same level as the group of people that ruined call of duty.

Exactly, theres no point :)

I hate these motherfuckers. All need a proper slapping.

• Like 2

I dont see why you would care? as you said, your a fresh spawn, you have NOTHING to lose..

Maybe you should consider changing tactics to not just running for berezino police station each time you die. Theres a whole lot of map just waiting to be explored. (Without people camping the houses)

• Like 2

these sort of people have limited skills and no 'cool' so they hide way too survivor and KOS, so they feel like its a win (rather than take a risk of a Western stand off, they just kill)... but sadly, they are missing out on so much, if players could interact more (lol hear that on other threads, and they mean with guns , but i mean talk), they can have more fun (and so can the rest of the proper players). turns from PVP death match to... well people that have took the time to try and interact, know the fun :)

No skill in hiding away and shooting someone that didn't know you where there... Some say, you could take more care, but that spoils the game, having to take agsadurate precautions, just not to bee shot by an opportunist (have done that and survived very well, but is not as fun, spoiled the atmosphere, having to think there are random sniper that kill for now reason - one would not waste ammo or risk them being caught attacking a stranger in survival, with out a reason for gain - just bad survival).

they spoil what the game as it is meant to be, and we get a lot of flack on forums saying.. 'Bambi' and such... but most of them are just wanting a pvp game... hope Dayz is not gonna become a PVP base building clan game. 

also steam have is age check for dayz, must be 18, and a lot of players are 12 lol... tut tut, you lied to steam!

Added: i have been attacked a few time where a player knocks me out, takes what they want, heals me up and lets me go... thats skill. its a game, sure, so maybe Role play a life is worth something, and make it fun! farm survivors, don't just kill them (take high level skill)

Edited by Sooden
  • Like 2

I was kill like this one time, I never had no things and he shot me and was laugh say 'HAHAHAHA you noob I killed you you suck why don't you quit game and you mamma is suck my dick'

I dont mind because my mother is die long time and I having no gear for losing I think they do this because is thesafe way to get some win what most of us get from do the real pvp vs real guns, they are loser and in the real life they never have girls or friends or maybe small penis LOL

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 2

It is baffling

A while ago I saw 5 guys right after a server restart, heading into one of the police buildings

I wasn't a freshspawn so I decided to wait them out, some time passed and a couple of fresh spawns came by, entered and obviously got shot

I could hear the freshspawn ask them "what was the point"

Their reply "we only kill Bambi's"

(LOL Really?)

Long story short, I managed to pick one off as he went to close the main door, and another who foolishly went to the roof to try and spot me, later they start trying to taunt me in direct, saying I'm a pussy camper (again.....REALLY????)

And that I should come out from hiding to fight

Then I'm accused of wall glitching, so I fire a few shot now and again at the building from the bushes to scare them

Their dead friend returns as a freshie and takes a long look around in all the buildings, doesn't even come near the trees

Next I'm told I'm a hacker, who is obviously invisible

I say "no, I'm hiding outside"

And of course they say that their friend searched everywhere for me so I must be hacking and that I've been reported

So anyway I see a five man clan start to dissapear from the server list and rush the building, I shoot 1 guy who is still in the game and one of his friends gets me, at which point I'm told something g along these lines:

"See what you get faggot, can't even kills us with hacks noob"

BLAH BLAH BLAH

These kind of people do it to boost their ego and make themselves think they are winning and usually panic or claim your a hacker if you manage to beat them

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 4

yeah, like how is that fun? al least force feed them some shit first.

umm.. i mean, i saw a group of 4 guys on the rocks of kamyshovo, thay ware killing freshspawns and i only had an axe, i took one of them down by sneaking up behind them, then i died. fun.

The BF/COD kids are here. Unfortunately anything bar going back in time and sterilizing their parents won't fix this problem.

• Like 4

First of all, What ruined call of duty was the introduction of the perks/killstreak systems we now see in every mainstream FPS. Im not sure that any group of people ruined it.

Second, "camping" is a 100% legitimate strategy in any game or situation where you may encounter hostile force. Placing your self in a situation where you will have the uptmost advantage in any interaction hostile or other wise.

Now as to the random KoS of un armed fresh spawns? i honestly dont know. everything is everywhere, there's nothign else worth while beside extracting tears from crybabies.

• Like 1

It is quite pointless trying to find any sort of logic in such peoples actions imo.

• Like 1

Because they are scared to venture into the big bad world and face people fairly.

I long for satchel charges.

• Like 3

They say to understand the troll, you must become the troll. 

I say, it's best left alone.  Once you become a troll, the only pleasures you get out of life are causing minor annoyances and inconveniences for other people.

Then you meet others like you. 

A griefer is born...

I dont see why you would care? as you said, your a fresh spawn, you have NOTHING to lose..

Maybe you should consider changing tactics to not just running for berezino police station each time you die. Theres a whole lot of map just waiting to be explored. (Without people camping the houses)

On the flip side, YOU'RE  probably geared and have nothing to gain by killing them, unless YOU'RE a flashlight enthusiast. 

'Cause douchebags, mostly. Douchebags are douchebags, they exist on the internet and they ruin everything. Eventually there will be explosives and whitelisting. Hopefully that'll change the currently "Camp in a popular building and lean through a wall so you can get the jump on people." strategy that is so popular.

Lol, and the people who defend such assh*les are just the worst type of person in the world. If this was the 1940's you'd no doubt be defending Hitler against "cry babies".

Why are folk so obsessed with other players game styles ?

• Like 3

I wonder the same thing. The best aspect of this game is interacting with people and the rush you get from trying to figure out if they are truly friendly or if they are going to try and stab you in the back. Why someone would kill someone without a weapon let alone a bambi is baffling. Unless someone is attacking you or acting suspicious, talk to them and get to know their story.

It's not necessary.

But people change when they think they are anonymous.

I can spell anonymous but a can't spell necessary....

lWZfDPf.jpg

I hate these motherfuckers. All need a proper slapping.

It is baffling

A while ago I saw 5 guys right after a server restart, heading into one of the police buildings

I wasn't a freshspawn so I decided to wait them out, some time passed and a couple of fresh spawns came by, entered and obviously got shot

I could hear the freshspawn ask them "what was the point"

Their reply "we only kill Bambi's"

(LOL Really?)

Long story short, I managed to pick one off as he went to close the main door, and another who foolishly went to the roof to try and spot me, later they start trying to taunt me in direct, saying I'm a pussy camper (again.....REALLY????)

And that I should come out from hiding to fight

Then I'm accused of wall glitching, so I fire a few shot now and again at the building from the bushes to scare them

Their dead friend returns as a freshie and takes a long look around in all the buildings, doesn't even come near the trees

Next I'm told I'm a hacker, who is obviously invisible

I say "no, I'm hiding outside"

And of course they say that their friend searched everywhere for me so I must be hacking and that I've been reported

So anyway I see a five man clan start to dissapear from the server list and rush the building, I shoot 1 guy who is still in the game and one of his friends gets me, at which point I'm told something g along these lines:

"See what you get faggot, can't even kills us with hacks noob"

BLAH BLAH BLAH

These kind of people do it to boost their ego and make themselves think they are winning and usually panic or claim your a hacker if you manage to beat them

I LOVE camping and killing anyone I see. Fresh spawn or not, you're dead and you'll never be able to get me. 

Why do I do it? So I can come on these forums and watch all you guys complain and cry about me taking your baked beans and your shitty M4

• Like 1

Why are folk so obsessed with other players game styles ?

Why are certain folk so adamant about defending douche baggery? You understand that doing certain things makes you an assh*le, right? People have the right to dislike assh*les and to come together as a community to hate assh*les together.

I LOVE camping and killing anyone I see. Fresh spawn or not, you're dead and you'll never be able to get me. 

Why do I do it? So I can come on these forums and watch all you guys complain and cry about me taking your baked beans and your shitty M4

The virginity is strong with this one.

• Like 4

Nobody bite please!

• Like 3

Nobody bite please!

Too late.

The virginity is strong with this one.