A.Jones

i persoanlly would love to see third person removed entirely

i really dont know how the minimal head bob thing can bother people, maybe you need to take your vitamins.

i would actually be fine with vehicle drivers still being able to use 3dp, since they have mirrors/windows around them and aren't lying in a field using it to look over grass

but 3dp infantry is just straight-up gears of war and has no place in a game environment that stresses realism

i wish just one 3dp supporter would be honest and say 'i want to look over grass and around corners' instead of trying to legitimize it

i would actually be fine with vehicle drivers still being able to use 3dp' date=' since they have mirrors/windows around them and aren't lying in a field using it to look over grass

but 3dp infantry is just straight-up gears of war and has no place in a game environment that stresses realism

i wish just one 3dp supporter would be honest and say 'i want to look over grass and around corners' instead of trying to legitimize it

[/quote']

Or the DayZ devs can just do what the Project Reality devs did and make functional rear view mirrors.

To me the not being able to see behind you in vehicles is really the deal breaker for being forced into 1st person view. I've tried playing arma with 1st person in vehicles and I couldn't stand it.

ive had the game since 2006' date=' thanks d allas for your input.

[/quote']

Then you've had 6 years to understand the basic concept that everything in ArmA is editable: Difficulty, missions, addons and mods. You should also understand the basics of server enforced difficulty settings by now.

so i have to have less servers i can join and enjoy because all the children cant play without 3dp' date=' brilliant, so much for being a hardcore mod with realism.

[/quote']

How many servers do you need? You do realize that all the people that prefer 3rd person on avoid the 3rd person off servers and so THEY HAVE FEWER SERVERS TO PLAY ON, TOO. There are plenty of servers to go around. Find one with the settings you enjoy and play there.

im already aware of everything dude, i just think this - as a mod, should have its own thing going on for its own feel.

the only time i can see 3rd person being actually good to have is in vehicles, NOTHING else.

im already aware of everything dude' date=' i just think this - as a mod, should have its own thing going on for its own feel.

the only time i can see 3rd person being actually good to have is in vehicles, NOTHING else.

[/quote']

Like I said in another thread about removing 3dp, fpv is really odd and feels unnatural.

I like using 3dp for crawling around cities, gives me a better view of zombies. I would never use it in PvP because there's essentially no way to aim. Even with crosshairs, the aim isn't true.

It's funny that the people against 3dp claim players are using it strictly for PvP to "cheat" around corners, trees, and grass. Isn't that kind of pointless unless you KNOW someone else is there? And if they were on the same server, wouldn't they be able to use 3dp too?

Just sayin'.

The main argument people are presenting for removing 3rd person view is that you can see around corners and it's unrealistic.

IRL you can not only see around corners through use of mirrors/periscope, you can shoot around them without ever exposing yourself. Periscopes were used back in WW1 to shoot from trenches while remaining in the trench.

Taking into consideration this technology, couldn't it be said that 3dp is more realistic, since this RL technology is non-existent in the game?

im already aware of everything dude' date=' i just think this - as a mod, should have its own thing going on for its own feel.

[/quote']

So play on servers that have it disabled? There are literally hundreds so unless you're some kind of divine being composed of 100 consciousnesses that seek to all play the game simultaneously on different servers, you're not going to have a problem finding a server to play on, ever.

3DP is a bit unrealistic, especially when prone in tall grass. But unlike, say, removal of PvP, it's not going to somehow upset the balance of the universe if some servers have it and some don't.

If you don't want to play with the "babies" who like 3DP just don't do it. Problem solved and we can all stop yelling at each other.

It's funny that the people against 3dp claim players are using it strictly for PvP to "cheat" around corners' date=' trees, and grass. Isn't that kind of pointless unless you KNOW someone else is there?

[/quote']

can't tell if troll or..

this hilarious logic indicates there is no reason to look at anything ever unless you already know someone is there

my brain just melted, thanks

That's the one thing I don't get:

If you don't like 3DP, don't play on 3DP servers - I'm surprised this has even been discussed beyond that point.

Taking into consideration this technology' date=' couldn't it be said that 3dp is more realistic, since this RL technology is non-existent in the game?

[/quote']

thats just nitpicking.

That's the one thing I don't get:

If you don't like 3DP' date=' don't play on 3DP servers - I'm surprised this has even been discussed beyond that point.

[/quote']

sorta like how the search function is always broken for the most repetitive topics, i agree completely.

Taking into consideration this technology' date=' couldn't it be said that 3dp is more realistic, since this RL technology is non-existent in the game?

[/quote']

thats just nitpicking.

How is it nitpicking that people have been able to see around corners for over 100 hundred years, yet in this game there's a crowd of people that believe seeing around corners is something that is beyond the scope of reality?

(Today 02:56 PM)Jemoeder Wrote: Werent u the bitch crying over 3rd person?....

Your right, crying about no realism in the game with 3rd on.

(Posted by A.Jones

i like how no one cares for a bit of fun and take this game with utmost seriousness like its real life or something)

Looks like someone is just trying to "troll" with his post on 3rd person...

His looking to have something removed to make it more realistic and yet comments that everybody takes it way to "seriousness like its real life"......

[/quote']

So play on servers that have it disabled? There are literally hundreds so unless you're some kind of divine being composed of 100 consciousnesses that seek to all play the game simultaneously on different servers, you're not going to have a problem finding a server to play on, ever.

Well, it's like the problem with having pve and pvp servers. Everyone will gear up on the easier pve or 3rd person servers in order to fight on the harder servers.

can someone please state any reason how arma 2's first person is any worse than any other game

and no' date=' FOV and head bob can both be changed so those aren't reasons

[/quote']

First thing I did once I got the game.

If the point of these threads is to get the attention of the devs and get this changed wouldn't it be more constructive at this point to take a survey or a poll? Everyone already knows the reasons people either want or don't want it changed, and one side is never going to convince the other. It just turns into name calling and does nothing to help your cause. If a survey won't work to get this changed then I would assume that the devs have already made a decision on it and these threads are completely pointless.

[/quote']

thats just nitpicking.

How is it nitpicking that people have been able to see around corners for over 100 hundred years, yet in this game there's a crowd of people that believe seeing around corners is something that is beyond the scope of reality?

i can take a shit in real life why arent i arguing i should be able to go to the bathroom in game?

you might as well just start asking for some sort of mirror that you hold up in game but WAIT you can use third person so you dont need to ask for stuff like that.

(Today 02:56 PM)Jemoeder Wrote: Werent u the bitch crying over 3rd person?....

Your right' date=' crying about no realism in the game with 3rd on.

(Posted by A.Jones

i like how no one cares for a bit of fun and take this game with utmost seriousness like its real life or something)

Looks like someone is just trying to "troll" with his post on 3rd person...

His looking to have something removed to make it more realistic and yet comments that everybody takes it way to "seriousness like its real life"......

[/quote']

plz gtfo or stay on topic

3rd person is the pve of field of view, lock/sticky this thread please.

i can take a shit in real life why arent i arguing i should be able to go to the bathroom in game?

I was pointing out that 3dp could actually be seen as more realistic than 1st person since there is technology in RL that allows you to look around corners. Look through this thread and notice that those that support the removal of 3dp generally say:

oh 3dp is cheating you can look around corners, that's so unrealistic.

If someone said hey, you can't take a shit in this game that's unrealistic. I would agree that is unrealistic. I definately wouldn't suggest that we as players would have to take a shit every so often for the sake of realism.

okay let me break it down why youre wrong in one single point;

1. you cant use 3rd person in real life.

Well' date=' it's like the problem with having pve and pvp servers. Everyone will gear up on the easier pve or 3rd person servers in order to fight on the harder servers.[/quote']

Right. It's "like" that except much, much, much, much less important to the overall difficulty of the game. Yes, you can see better while prone and peek around corners. That's not exactly on the same game-breaking level as taking PvP out of the game, I think we can agree?

Leave it as a server option, really. It's fine.

you might as well just start asking for some sort of mirror that you hold up in game but WAIT you can use third person so you dont need to ask for stuff like that.

plz gtfo or stay on topic

3rd person is the pve of field of view' date=' lock/sticky this thread please.

[/quote']

Someone needs a timeout :rolleyes:

:edit:

"okay let me break it down why youre wrong in one single point;

1. you cant use 3rd person in real life."

You may notice there are lots of things you can do in Arma that you can't do in real life I thought that was kind of the point.