A.Jones

i persoanlly would love to see third person removed entirely

okay let me break it down why youre wrong in one single point;

1. you cant use 3rd person in real life.

You can't smell in DayZ. You can't feel in DayZ. You can't taste in DayZ. You can't move your body in so many ways in DayZ that you can do in real life. You can't change weapons while moving in DayZ. You can't hold a flashlight out while running in DayZ. Some things will never be in a video game, maybe this is trying to make up for that.

its a joke for a mod like this' date=' you can hide behind objects and get an unfair advantage in certain situations.

you can sit on one of the highest buildings in cherno and look with 3rd person on without actually risking your life by revealing your body, and you can take a shot and quickly hide again looking around..

it should be removed since some people sit in the one spot and only get up to take a shot they see.

i mean come on how is this fair at all its a big advantage for serial campers.

[/quote']

I came into this thread ready to say its not that big of a deal, but ya, you're right. tps is a terrible pvp viewpoint enabling corner and object camping, giving advantage to those that lay in wait.

Also its much more intense sneaking through a pack of zombies, not having the ability to see around you from above.

You cant fix broken bones with morphine' date=' or bullet wounds with only the application of a bandage, or cure the symptoms of shock by taking an Advil, or replenish your blood supply instantly by binge eating, or sprint full out forever, or fix a car/helicopter without tools and/or a repair garage, or make magazines for your pistol magically appear (i.e. recombining revolver ammo into 1911 magazines), or any number of other things that you can do in the game.

So using "real life" as the [b']only argument is not valid. Using reality as an intensifier to other arguments would be valid, but not on its own.

1) There is an option to turn it off for the host. There are hardcore communities/servers and regular ones. Without choice, this mod would not be fun for everyone, only for a certain group of people.

2) You never get more advantage than any other player on the server you are currently playing on. The other player can use third person just as much as anyone else. Same goes for any other feature.

1. you can't use 1st person view from arma 2 IRL. That is unless you have some type of condition where you lack peripheral vision.

In real life I can see my body. In real life I don't even need to see my body to know where it is. In real life I have full control over my bodies elevation and position. In real life I have a sense of touch.

When ArmaII/DayZ can recreate those things in game I will fully support removing 3rd person.

have you also noticed that for example, shooting in 3rd person is actually not that great, so in all actuality there is a draw back to using it, I use 3rd person but i switch to first person to shoot so, in most cases if i'm using a semi auto for example, then well I get a slight delay while i switch from 3rd to 1st.

automatics well, spray and pray works in 3rd person but, its still at a disadvantage when a combat situation starts. i believe its balanced and not necessarily easier, everyone on the server gets 3rd person not just the guy who killed you. it can be used by campers and it can be used to scan for campers, so it works both ways.

again this is optional why does it need to be removed entirely if its not effecting you on 3dp:off servers.

You can't smell in DayZ. You can't feel in DayZ. You can't taste in DayZ. You can't move your body in so many ways in DayZ that you can do in real life. You can't change weapons while moving in DayZ. You can't hold a flashlight out while running in DayZ. Some things will never be in a video game' date=' maybe this is trying to make up for that.

[/quote']

this is kind of getting out of hand here, the whole point is that PVP is a big part of the game, and third person makes PVP a little cheesy for those guys camping on high rises and looking around objects for the perfect chance to kill someone else.

but if you dont agree then what ever man, keep on harping about realism in other areas.

just do this one thing for me and ill shutup; admit that third person makes it so much easier for you guys to maneuver around zombies or camp and snipe other players.

That's the one thing I don't get:

If you don't like 3DP' date=' don't play on 3DP servers - I'm surprised this has even been discussed beyond that point.

[/quote']

sorta like how the search function is always broken for the most repetitive topics, i agree completely.

Agreed, this redundant thread is much like Zombies, shambling around, agging everythining when it should have turned its toes up and died ages ago.

Please put it out of our misery!

You cant fix broken bones with morphine' date=' or bullet wounds with only the application of a bandage, or cure the symptoms of shock by taking an Advil, or replenish your blood supply instantly by binge eating, or sprint full out forever, or fix a car/helicopter without tools and/or a repair garage, or make magazines for your pistol magically appear (i.e. recombining revolver ammo into 1911 magazines), or any number of other things that you can do in the game.

So using "real life" as the [b']only argument is not valid. Using reality as an intensifier to other arguments would be valid, but not on its own.

real life isnt my only argument my main argument is in pvp.

That's the one thing I don't get:

If you don't like 3DP' date=' don't play on 3DP servers - I'm surprised this has even been discussed beyond that point.

[/quote']

sorta like how the search function is always broken for the most repetitive topics, i agree completely.

Agreed, this redundant thread is much like Zombies, shambling around, agging everythining when it should have turned its toes up and died ages ago.

Please put it out of our misery!

plz dont open this thread ever again

i can take a shit in real life why arent i arguing i should be able to go to the bathroom in game?

you might as well just start asking for some sort of mirror that you hold up in game but WAIT you can use third person so you dont need to ask for stuff like that.

plz gtfo or stay on topic

3rd person is the pve of field of view' date=' lock/sticky this thread please.

[/quote']

Someone needs a timeout :rolleyes:

:edit:

"okay let me break it down why youre wrong in one single point;

1. you cant use 3rd person in real life."

You may notice there are lots of things you can do in Arma that you can't do in real life I thought that was kind of the point.

there are also a lot of things that you can do in real life that you can't in arma

admit that third person makes it so much easier for you guys to maneuver around zombies or camp and snipe other players.

Here is exactly the problem: YES it is easier, and that is good, and why people like it! The first person is NOT at ALL realistic, due to the fact that in reality you would actually have a much wider peripheral vision. Arma 2's first-person is tunnel-vision and hence third-person is the way to go to avoid this, period. Like it or not.

Also, it will always be a matter of opinion, and obviously there are different levels of gamers (casual, regular, hardcore, expert). Day Z luckily lets hosts decide what kind of target group they want on their server and its good that way. Now stop complaining, and go on servers that dont have 3rd person

I play in 3rd person because 1st person makes me nauseated after a few minutes. The vision is too narrow and unstable in first person - couple that with all of the collision issues and it really helps to see your character.

Like someone else said, in real life I can also watch my feet.. turn my head, shift my eyes. Real life arguments are never applicable in a video game.

3DP is not ok. The gameplay that 3DP enables is ridiculous and does not belong in DayZ.

BUT, what's worse is the peripheral indicators. EVERY SERVER has them and it's basically a wallhack. Everyone is highlighted like a christmas decoration when they are within range for me to shoot at them. I don't even play on noob-servers. I play on [ALL:OFF] and Expert servers and this is ruining my game. I want to play the game, not abuse peripheral to get an advantage. Please remove it. It's as bad as nametags.

I understand the OP.

I play completely different in first person than I do in third person. In first person I run from cover to cover. I feel I move more like I would in real life. When I take shots, I have no clue where they are coming from usually. So I have to take cover and figure it out.

In third person I can peak over and around walls easily with the camera and can find the threat without risking myself to injury.

So although I play mostly in 3rd person because it is easier on my eyes, first person makes me sick sometimes. I still think rocket should set the difficulty on all servers and keep it first person with no name tags.

I play in 3rd person because 1st person makes me nauseated after a few minutes. The vision is too narrow and unstable in first person - couple that with all of the collision issues and it really helps to see your character.

Like someone else said' date=' in real life I can also watch my feet.. turn my head, shift my eyes. Real life arguments are never applicable in a video game.

[/quote']

Turn off head-bobbing and double-tap "-" on your numpad. There, your problems are gone and can now go back to not using exploits to play.

Turn off head-bobbing and double-tap "-" on your numpad. There' date=' your problems are gone and can now go back to not using exploits to play.

[/quote']

A game feature is not an exploit.

This debate is pointless as it boils down to differing expectations and opinions only.

Like someone else said' date=' in real life I can also watch my feet.. turn my head, shift my eyes. Real life arguments are never applicable in a video game.

[/quote']

Turn off head-bobbing and double-tap "-" on your numpad. There, your problems are gone and can now go back to not using exploits to play.

I'm trying the x2 num - and it isn't toggled even though my controls have it set to be D:

Joining a veteran server is one option, yes. I personally only play on servers that disable crosshair, 3DP, and name display, because quite frankly, they're all incredibly unrealistic. If you're going to play a game like Day Z, you're playing for the immersion and realism. If you weren't, you would go play Left 4 Dead (don't get me wrong, I have 600 hours in L4D2, I play it every day. I love it.). But there's a reason this game is the way it is, and that's to be realistic and immersive. Looking around corners or over buildings magically does not make any sense whatsoever. While this game cannot accurately recreate the vision of a soldier, and compensates with offering the third person perspective, I think for the sake of this mod it should be disabled on all servers.

Joining a veteran server is one option' date=' yes. I personally only play on servers that disable crosshair, 3DP, and name display, because quite frankly, they're all incredibly unrealistic. If you're going to play a game like Day Z, you're playing for the immersion and realism. If you weren't, you would go play Left 4 Dead (don't get me wrong, I have 600 hours in L4D2, I play it every day. I love it.). But there's a reason this game is the way it is, and that's to be realistic and immersive. Looking around corners or over buildings magically does not make any sense whatsoever. While this game cannot accurately recreate the vision of a soldier, and compensates with offering the third person perspective, I think for the sake of this mod it should be disabled on all servers.

[/quote']

so lets just remove it and not find something to do what 3dp was meant to do.

Server Option... that can be disabled by admins...

Why is there even a conversation?

im confused...

[/quote']

I'm trying the x2 num - and it isn't toggled even though my controls have it set to be D:

Doesn't work with snipers and maybe some vehicles.

Oh my, it's just so hard right? Like... server options... yeah, and then you move to the hardcore servers without thirdperson.

If 3DP were to be removed, this game better have a cover system by then. Curb your "but Arma 2 has leaning" arguments because leaning exposes way too much of your body in this game. Also, you can't be 100% that your whole body is hidden when in first person. It literally takes half a second in real life to know whether or not any part of your body is exposed while in cover due to innate spatial awareness. 3DP allows you to see if you are directly behind a tree, rock, barricade, etc. In real life, you would just know you are.

Arma 2 / DayZ does not have the best audio at times. Whatever the reasons, sound does not always play or play in the correct direction of the sound. In real life, you can become so hyper aware of your surroundings. In a state like this, you almost have 360 degrees of awareness due to all your senses being used at once. The smallest sound would immediately give away anyone. Hell, a lot of people can just "feel it" when people are staring at them. 3DP simulates that awareness.

3DP makes you feel a lot more attached to your character than first person as well. You can see all the visual upgrades to your character like backpacks, camo, ghillie, weapons on your back, etc. It makes you want to keep that character alive just a little bit more because that character is aesthetically pleasing.

Do I think that 3DP is perfect? No. It requires tweaking such as moving the camera in closer behind the player so you can't see over walls or around corners, or forcing first person view while in the prone position.

Something to consider... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had a cover system that switched from first person to 3DP when you took cover. Let's say something like this could be implemented. You would only be able to take cover on things like walls, corners, windows, barricades, etc. Pretty much anything you can stand behind or crouch behind. Prone wouldn't use the cover system because you are in a position which provides far more cover due to being so low to the ground. Crouch would lack the response time the other two provide for people sneaking up on you or to be able to quickly run away.