FrostDMG

Everything that's wrong with DayZ servers in one picture.

You know what. It's not even a report. This is FUCKING DISGUSTING. More than 50% of POPULATED DAYZ SERVERS are ran by loot hungry clans (as shows) or some other bullshit with NO KOS rules - wtf you think this is Canadia!? 

Why are people allowed to run servers with "high loot", "no KOS", "24/7 day", "2 hour restarts", "1hour restarts"?!??????

I understand the 24/7 day thing I get that nights can suck, but 24/7 day and fast restarts = gtfo. 3 hour restart should be MINIMUM!

2014_06_08_00001.jpg

This sums it up the best:

All this bullshit needs to be cleaned up and the motherfuckers responsible sent back to Rust/Minecraft/BF3/4/5/6

• Like 10

I guess some DayZ players want a faster pacing in the process of looting and all? No KoS might be useful for new players too to learn the ropes or to form a gang - after all, you can only get to know another survivor if there's not a bullet in your head. :P

You don't have to play on servers you don't like, so just avoid them. Shouting at them from the server list and on here will most likely not change anything anyway.

• Like 6

I guess some DayZ players want a faster pacing in the process of looting and all? No KoS might be useful for new players too to learn the ropes or to form a gang - after all, you can only get to know another survivor if there's not a bullet in your head. :P

You don't have to play on servers you don't like, so just avoid them. Shouting at them from the server list and on here will most likely not change anything anyway.

It would. Other i.e normal servers would be re-populated and the people who can't play the game because it's "too hard" would quit. Two birds one stone.

EDIT: There's 1 server with 30 people that isn't some High loot, 24/7 day bullshit. Everything else has below 20 players.

Edited by FrostDMG

It would.

And I'm sure all the server owners saw this thread and will go "Hmmm, FrostDMG's right. We better shut it all down right away.". :P

Other i.e normal servers would be re-populated and the people who can't play the game because it's "too hard" would quit. Two birds one stone.

Like I said: Some players might want to have the fast pacing and/or other custom rules and settings. If those modified servers went down, they might put together modified server themselves, and not much would've changed.

If regular DayZ is too hard for some players to enjoy it, it's obvious they'll look for servers that seem easy to regular players. What else do you expect? If you paid for the DayZ SA and find out the common game's too much for you to handle, you don't quit playing outright, but instead look for ways to still enjoy the game - be it finding a group/clan or playing on servers with different settings. DayZ is quite helpful at that point, as other games might not be so easily shaped to a certain player group's needs.

Like I said: Live and let live. Play on normal or hardcore servers if you're into that, but leave players who want the game to be easy to their own servers. Wishing for "weak" players to just quit the game altogether hurts the entire playerbase at the end of the day - and especially Bohemia Interactive. ;)

Edited by ApplejackDaniels
  • Like 6

And I'm sure all the server owners saw this thread and will go "Hmmm, FrostDMG's right. We better shut it all down right away.". :P

Like I said: Some players might want to have the fast pacing and/or other custom rules and settings. If those modified servers went down, they might put together modified server themselves, and not much would've changed.

If regular DayZ is too hard for some players to enjoy it, it's obvious they'll look for servers that seem easy to regular players. What else do you expect? If you paid for the DayZ SA and find out the common game's too much for you to handle, you don't quit playing outright, but instead look for ways to still enjoy the game - be it finding a group/clan or playing on servers with different settings. DayZ is quite helpful at that point, as other games might not be so easily shaped to a certain player group's needs.

Like I said: Live and let live. Play on normal or hardcore servers if you're into that, but leave players who want the game to be easy to their own servers. Wishing for "weak" players to just quit the game altogether hurts the entire playerbase at the end of the day - especially for Bohemia Interactive. ;)

There's other game though. No game should cater to all playstyles. If you can't beat a game or enjoy it because it's too hard - tough shit. You ought to find something you enjoy instead i.e CS/BF/COD/ARMA. The moment you start catering to everyone is the moment a game becomes a worthless piece of shit.

And the server owners don't need to listen to me, but to Bohemia when they shut down their servers for breaching TOS.

• Like 3

wtf you think this is Canadia!?

Whoa, whoa, whoa...... Easy there champ. No need to get all illiterate hillbilly up in here. :P

• Like 3

Whoa, whoa, whoa...... Easy there champ. No need to get all illiterate hillbilly up in here. :P

Lol it's meant to be a joke, thats why I misspelled it.

Can't wait for private, white-listed servers - then those of us who want to play decent DayZ can escape this kind of BS.

LOL, private hives will just make the problem worse. Look at at the private hives in the mod, most popular ones are 500+ vehicles, auto refuelling, self blood bagging, 1000+ OHK weapons, non destructible/non raidable bases and donater perks.

Any mod or PH that tried to make the dayZ mod harder, failed because the majority want easy mode and the rest want to play on populated servers.

• Like 1

LOL, private hives will just make the problem worse. Look at at the private hives in the mod, most popular ones are 500+ vehicles, auto refuelling, self blood bagging, 1000+ OHK weapons, non destructible/non raidable bases and donater perks.

Any mod or PH that tried to make the dayZ mod harder, failed because the majority want easy mode and the rest want to play on populated servers.

WRONG. DayZero - incredibly popular and hardcore mod for the game. I hate the 5000 vehicle servers, but if that's the price we have to pay for stable, hardcore servers then so be it.

• Like 1

I agree with what you said however i must point something out. I play on the UGA server and its 1/2hour restart for a reason. That reason is of course the server slows down and gets more laggy as time goes on. Just like all other servers out there. A restart helps a great deal. Untill the game is fully released though i see no problem with this.

• Like 3

I agree with what you said however i must point something out. I play on the UGA server and its 1/2hour restart for a reason. That reason is of course the server slows down and gets more laggy as time goes on. Just like all other servers out there. A restart helps a great deal. Untill the game is fully released though i see no problem with this.

This is something I agree with for sure. For some reason there are servers with 6 hour restarts that run fine - for about 5 hours - but then there are servers with 3 hour restarts that start lagging after the first hour. I have no idea why some servers are so much worse than others.

It's a disgrace to what this game is about. I'm totally with Frost here. I really couldn't care less if people struggle on normal/hardcore servers. If you have to have stuff given to you, and have things made easier, then it's your fault for buying DayZ. 

The mod is the same. I personally only play DayZero now. Why? Because it's way better than what the standard mod will ever be, and I'd go as far as saying it's better than standalone. The servers are all run by the developers. It's all vanilla. It's reminiscent of how DayZ was when it first came about. Theres also a lot more reasons why it's better but I'd be going off-subject.

I'm all about the experience. 24/7 daytime is cheap, avoiding the best part of the game, and in my perspective admitting that you have not got the cohonies to use a torch, flares, etc.. in the dark because you are afraid to loose your precious gear. The server admins and people who play those servers that set these servers up in that way, are basically being ripped off. They have bought half a game, and that other half is the experience and main element of the game. Surviving. 

To sum it up. Give me night time, give me 1st person servers, give me less loot, give me more zombies, make them harder. Thats how it should be. 

• Like 4

It's a disgrace to what this game is about. I'm totally with Frost here. I really couldn't care less if people struggle on normal/hardcore servers. If you have to have stuff given to you, and have things made easier, then it's your fault for buying DayZ. 

The mod is the same. I personally only play DayZero now. Why? Because it's way better than what the standard mod will ever be, and I'd go as far as saying it's better than standalone. The servers are all run by the developers. It's all vanilla. It's reminiscent of how DayZ was when it first came about. Theres also a lot more reasons why it's better but I'd be going off-subject.

I'm all about the experience. 24/7 daytime is cheap, avoiding the best part of the game, and in my perspective admitting that you have not got the cohonies to use a torch, flares, etc.. in the dark because you are afraid to loose your precious gear. The server admins and people who play those servers that set these servers up in that way, are basically being ripped off. They have bought half a game, and that other half is the experience and main element of the game. Surviving. 

To sum it up. Give me night time, give me 1st person servers, give me less loot, give me more zombies, make them harder. Thats how it should be. 

QFT. This is truth.

yes 1 hour restarts are absurd. but its irrelevant. current loot rarity and distribution is tuned to provide players with an overabundance of items for testing purposes, so its pointless anyway.

as for all the rest: you do realize that the server tagline is one fo the very few things currently customizable by server owners? they put everything in there to attract players. a title of "noob friendly, no KOS, high loot" will attract both noobs who want easy mode and KOSers who hunt said noobs - "hardcore only" will attract far less people. guess which form of advertising an unscrupulous server hoster will use to lure players in?

its not different than every other form of advertising - as much misleading as one can get away with.

• Like 4

Pretty much this.

High loot servers spam the hive with too much loot which results in players gearing up way to fast and way to easy - missing about 90% of the current gameplay in the process and in the end causing an overpopulation of bored (if you skip right to the end there is not really much left to do) fully geared players. They should not be part of the public hive. Friendly servers are (if people follow the rules) just social servers for gearing up and can cause similar issues as high loot servers.

The rest has less impact in my opinion and just offer a particular type of gameplay - which is okay even inside a public hive. But they might spam the server browser for people who really want to play the full game (which includes nighttime, real looting*, KoS, bandits and friendlies) - we need an option to filter them out.

*The type where you need supplies etc. and thus need to search for loot while also watching your back.

I have never really run into a server that was legitimately no KOS.  They can put whatever they want in the title but what actually happens on the ground is another story...

• Like 1

I guess if BIS made this game into a pay to win project they would earn millions from ppl who want faster loot.

all other privet server must shut down, and only real DAY Z developers can run DAY Z servers. And the game developers should consider the thing about dayz z, what i mean with that... i cant feel this day z game, all what i see is other players trying to get some weapons and kill each other. there is no zombies, this game should  be about real survive, players should play together and help each other not kill. i have been playing dayz over 300h and in this time i havent met some friendly players. im playing now on expermental servers. develepors should think somethinga bout zombies, they should add them in game more and more, make bigger groups with zombies, than maybe players start playing together, and about weapons, they should be rare. there is no balance in game. 

• Like 1

should do something with new spawns, because if i got killed and respawn always some asshole found me and kill, they dont care if i am new spawn or what, if i have gun or not. they always killing me. should make some markers or what, like... make some living time or what. example - surviver is alive like 2 days and if he kill new spawn who is alive 10mins, he`s game nick name turning a little bit red, and if he is a BIG bandit hes game nick name is completely red. and if players starts hunting bandits than they nick name tart turned in blue color. 

and this is the reason why i think day z servers can run only dayz develpoers. cheers. sorry for my bad english

should do something with new spawns, because if i got killed and respawn always some asshole found me and kill, they dont care if i am new spawn or what, if i have gun or not. they always killing me. should make some markers or what, like... make some living time or what. example - surviver is alive like 2 days and if he kill new spawn who is alive 10mins, he`s game nick name turning a little bit red, and if he is a BIG bandit hes game nick name is completely red. and if players starts hunting bandits than they nick name tart turned in blue color. 

and this is the reason why i think day z servers can run only dayz develpoers. cheers. sorry for my bad english

Wat? No. Stop sucking and man up.

I was under the impression that 'high loot servers' is a tagline, and doesn't actually have any bearing on the level of loot on the server. I've certainly never noticed any difference between 'high loot' servers and regular ones.

• Like 1

You know what. It's not even a report. This is FUCKING DISGUSTING. More than 50% of POPULATED DAYZ SERVERS are ran by loot hungry clans (as shows) or some other bullshit with NO KOS rules - wtf you think this is Canadia!? 

Why are people allowed to run servers with "high loot", "no KOS", "24/7 day", "2 hour restarts", "1hour restarts"?!??????

I understand the 24/7 day thing I get that nights can suck, but 24/7 day and fast restarts = gtfo. 3 hour restart should be MINIMUM!

2014_06_08_00001.jpg

All this bullshit needs to be cleaned up and the motherfuckers responsible sent back to Rust/Minecraft/BF3/4/5/6

Do you even DayZ, bro?

2 hour restarts is about the only legitimate action taking place. No KoS servers don't exist. Title means nothing.

• Like 1

2014_06_08_00001.jpg

I'm just going to go ahead and call you dumb now.

Server owners literally only have the option to reset and name their server. Whether you put "Mr X's Regular Server" or "No KOS High LooT SUPER friendly Berezino PvP 1h restarts" the rules are the same.

Also, after approximately 1 hour of server uptime players with weaker PC's can start losing frames, especially if the server is not running off SSD's and other high end equipment.