Sign in to follow this  
matejkvassay

More motivation to stay alive

I think there should be some motivation for players (stats, ranks, skills, advantage or better equipment on next spawn) to stay alive as long as they can.

For example for 10 hours in the game alive you will get screwdriver on spawn next time, but only next time. For few days in game alive you could learn to walk quietly until you die etc. Same as in RPG games but your skills advantages and other things would apply only in one life of your character.

As a hero you would have advantage in defending yourself and more fun playing survival style. As a bandit you don't care you are going to die soon anyway.

Point is to make game more fun for players that don't want to shoot people, they should have some progress system. As a bandit you see progress when you kill someone but as survivor you don't even know how long did you stay alive and don't see any progress there. I think this wouldn't ruin game for anyone and it would make the game better for some types of players.

Another idea is to make people who survived for long time in previous game spawn on north side of Chernarus and other people on the south.

You have all the motivation you need in the game.

Though sometimes I feel a similar setup to what happened in SAO would solve quite a few problems people have with other players.

I think that by not spawning with any special presents, there's more motivation to stay alive already.

I've owned this game for months, and I finally found my first firearm yesterday (weird luck, I guess) you can bet I have motivation to stay alive. Although, right now my motivation is to find some bullets...

Edited by Pvt_Larry

I think that by not spawning with any special presents, there's more motivation to stay alive already.

I've owned this game for months, and I finally found my first firearm yesterday (weird luck, I guess) you can bet I have motivation to stay alive. Although, right now my motivation is to find some bullets...

What firearm?  You can have gun and enough ammo in few hours, I don't have problem to fight in coast Towns, die and come back to fight while my friends are still alive fighting. I really don't see any reason to be afraid of death or try to stay alive for long time periods right now, you can have all you need really fast.

I've owned this game for months, and I finally found my first firearm yesterday

67HUoqe.jpg

Anyways they have to do something but everything is highly controversial. Except beards.

• Like 5

I liked the first bit...

For example for 10 hours in the game alive you will get screwdriver on spawn next time, but only next time.

This is brilliant idea imo. Im thinking you could earn some SURVIVAL essentials for time survived. Nothing that will help you PvP only help you survive off the land so to speak.

That way we aren't unbalancing the game for bandits by empowering heros.....but simply providing some tools to the guys who want to play that way. Then on there next spawn they can avoid pvp zones and dart into the woods to continue surviving and making sure they can do the same next spawn.

Basically people who don't wanna shoot everything and wanna play a survival game can. And for the bandits....achieving the gear next spawn would be a real challenge :)

• Like 1

wow how many hours have you played? before you found a gun ?

What firearm?  You can have gun and enough ammo in few hours, I don't have problem to fight in coast Towns, die and come back to fight while my friends are still alive fighting. I really don't see any reason to be afraid of death or try to stay alive for long time periods right now, you can have all you need really fast.

it takes skill to stay alive, some players enjoy that challenge

I think there should be some motivation for players (stats, ranks, skills, advantage or better equipment on next spawn) to stay alive as long as they can.

For example for 10 hours in the game alive you will get screwdriver on spawn next time, but only next time. For few days in game alive you could learn to walk quietly until you die etc. Same as in RPG games but your skills advantages and other things would apply only in one life of your character.

As a hero you would have advantage in defending yourself and more fun playing survival style. As a bandit you don't care you are going to die soon anyway.

Point is to make game more fun for players that don't want to shoot people, they should have some progress system. As a bandit you see progress when you kill someone but as survivor you don't even know how long did you stay alive and don't see any progress there. I think this wouldn't ruin game for anyone and it would make the game better for some types of players.

Another idea is to make people who survived for long time in previous game spawn on north side of Chernarus and other people on the south.

surely as more game mechanics are introduced, the game will become more difficult, in this testing stage, items are not rare, the developers just needs to test items, and how they work in game , it wont always be this easy.

Edited by qww

I feel that my backpack full of food and my semi-auto is enough motivation to stay alive, but I do think some kind of skill development would be a good thing to include in the finished game.

The whole skill thing is a hot topic, and there are a lot of threads on it, so I won't go into any details...

Edited by 11tw

I have enough motivation, its other assholes that dont seem to care about my motivation

I can understand that people don't like to try every possible search combination to find threads, but if you just look at the most recent 20 or so threads there are at least 2 on this topic already...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198806-creating-gear-independent-character-value/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183479-perksskillsprofessionsstats/

Edited by Rigor Mortis

I kinda agree, but I feel that it shouldn't be anything that would help you, more a customazation thing, like heroskin etc.
But I understand why you would want to increase the motivasion to stay alive, because bandits don't really care anymore, do they lose there gear, they lose it. Or atleast most of them are like that. And that is kinda sad.

• Like 1

I like the idea of more motivation to stay alive longer but I dont like the respawn with stuff or at another place

wow how many hours have you played? before you found a gun ?

it takes skill to stay alive, some players enjoy that challenge

surely as more game mechanics are introduced, the game will become more difficult, in this testing stage, items are not rare, the developers just needs to test items, and how they work in game , it wont always be this easy.

Triple post, wow thats GOT to be breaking some forum rules xD

sloth-no.gif

second time i post this today.

and NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Just NO!!

no skills, no advantages, no perks.

edit: DayZ: Battle Duty Modern Quarters Premium Elite 3

0.jpg

Edited by DMentMan

For anyone who cares, Pvt Larry played 13 h total and 4h in the last 2 weeks. :P

Triple post, wow thats GOT to be breaking some forum rules xD

even better is quoting it for no real reason,  but yeah i didnt even realise they were all on the same thread i guess, too many tabs open, sorry @ all forum readers.

anyway back on topic..

sloth-no.gif

second time i post this today.

and NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Just NO!!

no skills, no advantages, no perks.

100% agree with this.

Edited by qww

Skills/perks have been done to death.

IMO there shouldn't be any carry over from a previous death in terms of skills. 

• Like 1

Amazing how this pops up almost everyday and always with the same suggestions.

Cant we think of something that hasnt already been done million times over? Are we really that brainwashed that when it comes to implementing game elements all we can come up with is SKILLS and PERKS.

I know theres alot of other suggestions too but this seems to pop out everyday.

Cant we think of something that hasnt already been done million times over? Are we really that brainwashed that when it comes to implementing game elements all we can come up with is SKILLS and PERKS.

I think part of the problem is that some topics (like this one) that have been done to death aren't on the 'previously suggested' list. It would be nice to see that updated occasionally.

• Like 2

Then by all mean suggest something else.

I have no issues with the current system. Each new character is exactly that, a new person. Guns for the most part are easy to find if you don't hang out in the same spots as everyone else.

It is a game and even with all the "hard" survival elements it is still gamey as hell thanks to no reason to care for your character, 3rd person view and the spawns.

• Like 1

Not going to happen, topic has been done to death.

That's why this game will have a huge problem and will suck just like the mod

If not skills/ranks then come up with something different, because what we have right now doesn't work

Edited by Gdaddy22