JosephHabib

Zombies are too hard (defending my opinion)

game needs to be way harder. Everything should be hard to aquire and it should be even harder to find food.

Wait till dirty water is in and other shenanigans.

Zombies not hard, it only consumes time. I can easly take out 5 zombies with bare hands. It'll only take a lot of time.

yup, just move to the side they cant hit you i can easily take 2-3 zombies with out to much damage as a fresh spawn. if i start to bleed as a fresh spawn i tear my shirt and make rags to bandage it.

the zombies should take 0 damage from everything but a head shot, yes i know there not zombies there infected humans but they should be zombies.

Edited by pycco

I enjoy punching zombies in the face, very much. I have died a few times to them on experimental though, I am not sure what is different. If you time your punch just right, when they are charging, you can one-shot them. Aside from the fists, I also enjoy the hammer and the bayonet poke. You can creep up on them and stab them in the head before they even react.

Hello! I would just like to share some important points on why I think zombies are OP.

They are not suppose to be very powerfull in just like a 2 zombie group. The reason they are feared is because of Hordes not hitting power. 

People here are like "zombies are not suppose to be easy" and stuff like that. I agree too. I dont want an easy zombie game. No one does. People want a game that is challenging but not extremely hard.  

I love day Z and dont mind this much but it would really make gameplay better. New spawns have to face like 1-2 zombies at a time. If zombies are too powerful then they are just going to be killed easily.

Even aiming in the head with fists does not do much. Not anywhere near a 15 hit kill. May I remind you that being punched in the head a cople times can kill/ make you go unconscious. 

I like the game over all but I just wanted to defend my points.

I think until they have the zombie pathfinding down criticisms of zombie mechanics in the current build are pretty irrelevant. Thats not to say you shouldn't post your opinion of them. I 'm just sayin g that TIME will probably fix alot of your grievances....

• Like 1

Seriously guys, it's not hard at all to fight zombies in this game. Strafe left or right while facing the zombie and don't stop moving/punching. You won't get hit. Don't strafe left and then right, just pick left or right and continue to move in that direction. If you start trying to dodge and weave back and forth like a boxer and you will get hit. Left or right..that simple.

If you do that the ONLY way you will ever die while fighting a zombie is if another player pops around the corner while you are fighting the zombie and kills you while you are occupied. 

Try it out, go run through Cherno or any city and try and get like 3 zombies on you at one time and use the strafe technique and see how easy it is to kill 3 zombies at a time, without getting hit. 

They taught you they very valuable lesson that you don't bandage unless you are absolutely sure you are in a safe spot (which currently means up some stairs, or just take out every zombie around before bandaging). Or then again, judging by your post, perhaps they didn't...

Tell that to the insta-respawn zombies that can home in on you from a mile away.

I don't see how the issues you have about them causing bleeding and ruination of your items should be fixed by pathing and optimisation of game to enable more zombies. They can be fixed by not letting yourself getting hit by zombies though.

Zombies are relentless and can see you through buildings. They can also run straight through them, and can very easily catch up with you. I've had zombies chase me from Stary Sobor all the way to NWAF. You will take less damage if zombies are unable to see you, or you are able to hide from them. I thought this was pretty obvious, but hey.

I also already explained that my connection would result in zombies hitting me. In many cases I'd kill a zombie and then get hit by it a few seconds later. I am well aware that 20 or 30 chops with a machete while strafing left is an excellent way to take down a zombie without being hit, but a high ping or a lag spike coupled with one good hit from a zombie is enough to make all of your beans explode and all of your blood jettison from your body.

I hope this is clear enough for you.

• Like 1

there needs to be one major fix to zombie damage.

NO CHANCE TO CRIT.

one shot k.o.'s and fractures are one thing, bleeds/items ruined on every hit is another... zombie slaps doing 20000 shock damage is OVER THE LINE.

The only time I find myself at the shit end of the stick with the infected is if I pull a train of them into a building.   Had 5 in a pub the other day with only a machete(usually my fav zombie whacker).  Killed 2 and ran up the stairs.  The other three followed me up to the landing quite dexterously and "shoved" me up through the ceiling onto the roof.  Yeah, most dangerous part of THAT encounter was having to step off the 8 foot roof to my death.

The only time I find myself at the shit end of the stick with the infected is if I pull a train of them into a building.   Had 5 in a pub the other day with only a machete(usually my fav zombie whacker).  Killed 2 and ran up the stairs.  The other three followed me up to the landing quite dexterously and "shoved" me up through the ceiling onto the roof.  Yeah, most dangerous part of THAT encounter was having to step off the 8 foot roof to my death.

LOL

Yep, as of now (stable), the Zeds are pretty easy to kill - provided that you know the tricks. I can't blame new players for getting hit or even killed by them because aiming correctly is more trial and error than anything. But once you know where to aim and when to hit, it's really easy to fight even two or three of them at the same time - and I'm talking fisticuffs here, it's almost ridiculously easy with an axe! Just aim above the head and to the left and boom!, one-shot* kills all day! (*the dead soldiers with helmets might need two hits)

That said, I got my pristine riders jacket ruined in one hit once  - I gotta admit, I was pretty angry and cursed at the game for a while before moving on, but it never happend since and I found two new ones in the mean time... Which reminds me: does the tracksuit jacket actually spawn in the current stable? Because I've been looking for it since forever w/o any success...

Hello! I would just like to share some important points on why I think zombies are OP.

They are not suppose to be very powerfull in just like a 2 zombie group. The reason they are feared is because of Hordes not hitting power. 

People here are like "zombies are not suppose to be easy" and stuff like that. I agree too. I dont want an easy zombie game. No one does. People want a game that is challenging but not extremely hard.  

I love day Z and dont mind this much but it would really make gameplay better. New spawns have to face like 1-2 zombies at a time. If zombies are too powerful then they are just going to be killed easily.

Even aiming in the head with fists does not do much. Not anywhere near a 15 hit kill. May I remind you that being punched in the head a cople times can kill/ make you go unconscious. 

EXCUSE MEEEEEE??????

Zombies are a JOKE RIGHT NOW!

i dont even bother to pick up a melee weapon because u can knock em out so easy.

and nooooo im not Mike Tyson nor Evander Holyfield

learn to move = live forever ( till the next ladderglitch ) 

• Like 1

They aren't hard, just annoying.

I want to play the f*cking objective, not run in circles every few meters to punch a zombie 20 times in the head.

wow.  just wow!   the Zombies are a joke currently! i want the "hard" Zombies (no 1 axe hit kill) back.

u can also just run away from Zombies!

i dont even take a melee with me, cuz with fists only they are also a joke!!!

NO WAY THEY ARE DIFFICULT IN THE CURRENT STATE!!!!!

Edited by brumey

I think they should much stronger and also be able to bite the player with a risk of infection

Melee'ing a zombie should be risky and a last resort in 'real life'

They should be able to headbut, chomp with their teeth and also do like a low bite/kick for some variety.

We could eventually have a parry (roll dodge) and a simple block with melee + a stamina bar for more deeper combat system

Need to headshot a zombie? Aim slightly above their head and you'll never have a problem again.

They're still suuuuuuper easy. My wife handles 'em no problem and she rarely plays games like this.

• Like 2

Well, what about the melee weapons. You seem to all be focusing on fists.

I don't know about you, but a hit from a blunt weapon like a baseball bat / crowbar / wrench / shovel / pitchfork / gardening hoe would hurt pretty damn bad, even if it wasn't in a vital area.

Bladed weapons like the axes / machetes and knifes, should all be 1 - 2 hit kills. 

There needs to be a locational damage system on the zombies. Severe blow to the arms: attacks do next to nothing. Severe blow to legs: they crawl on the ground.

Also, I want to see some gore dammit. Blood pools under corpses, dismemberment, blood spraying out from wounds and not the pink clouds of "blood"...this is an apocalypse not Pokemon.

• Like 1

Well, what about the melee weapons. You seem to all be focusing on fists.

I don't know about you, but a hit from a blunt weapon like a baseball bat / crowbar / wrench / shovel / pitchfork / gardening hoe would hurt pretty damn bad, even if it wasn't in a vital area.

Bladed weapons like the axes / machetes and knifes, should all be 1 - 2 hit kills. 

There needs to be a locational damage system on the zombies. Severe blow to the arms: attacks do next to nothing. Severe blow to legs: they crawl on the ground.

Also, I want to see some gore dammit. Blood pools under corpses, dismemberment, blood spraying out from wounds and not the pink clouds of "blood"...this is an apocalypse not Pokemon.

Don't know about opinions of others, but in my experience blunt weapons are practically useless. They have trouble hitting the head, since most of them are swung right to left and do less damage overall.

They simply require much more work and a feasible melee system to be effective.

My weapon hierarchy (from lowest to highest) - all blunt weapons, fists, screwdriver, bayonets, knifes, machetes, splitting axes, fire axes.

Edited by retro19

In my opinion zombies are too weak. Why? Lets take a look:

1) They are dumb as hell.

2) They are much less resilent than players.

3) They come in low numbers.

4) They die randomly.

There are some frustrating features like their hyper awareness, their ghost-mode when it comes to obstacles and their melee attacks sometimes connecting despite clearly missing but in the end they only pose a threat for badly wounded survivors are by causing bleeding. As soon as a player figures out how to use his fists/a melee weapon and has bandages/rags zombies cease to be a threat.

I do not think zombies are OP, but I do have an issue with game mechanics and the terrible desync. A couple days ago I was literally, no hyperbole, one-shot by a zombie...

The situation was I had all pristine gear, motor cycle helmet, and healthy status. I'm positive of all this because part of my play regiment is staying in the green zone, while moving around the map as much as possible, and kitting my gear as pristinely as possible...sort of like an anal Dayz Katamari.

So I'm going to leave a building where I logged out the day before. Checked my surroundings and see a zombie loitering in the street. Since the fire axe is garbage right now, I decide to crouch walk to the next building to the right as not to draw aggro. The building to the right is one of those red buildings with the arch doorway. Of course as soon as I make it to the rear door I draw aggro anyway. I close the door and move in towards the kitchen. Still crouched I slam #4 for my Amphibia. I turn and the zombie of course flys straight through the wall, I managed to dodge this attack even though I'm still crouched. Now the zombie is in the kitchen and I'm moving back. My Amph finally comes up and then the "action is cancelled" (WTF). I poke #4 again and the zombie swings again. "Slam! You Are Dead" game over nerd.

Perhaps I was shot? Maybe. There are two large windows in that kitchen, yes, but I was moving crouched along side with the table on my right with a zombie obscuring the rear window. This is not the first time I've been in mid holstering action and taken an absurdly huge amount from a zombie, but it's first time it's actually killed me straight up.

Yeah, my only complaint about zombies atm in experimental is their ability to one shot you when you are fully energized/hydrated/healthy. It happened to me two days ago while wearing all pristine gear (including a motorcycle helmet) & I was one shot by a zombie. Alright, freak incident, I forget about it & move on. Well, yesterday, while moving in to loot Balota AF, I was once again one shot by a zombie while in full pristine gear. It also made no foot step sounds, no growling noises, nothing. I had scouted the area while running & saw ZERO zombies & killed any I came across. Of course, while scouting out the AF at first, I get hit and my screen goes colorless. I freak out thinking I'm being shot & immediately run. Before I could even get away, I get hit one more time & I was dead. I checked my status to see if I was bleeding after the first hit & I was fine. Frustrating to say the least.

I have tried many ways of playing the game and I am not done doing so. To find fire arms usually that would mean having to server jump at a police station if its looted and even if its not looted you have a large chance of finding one. Ammo is rare for some fire arms and sometimes you wont even be able to find ammo for firearms unless you are in an airfield. (even them you have a chance not to find even fire arms or ammo there which has happened). You guys make it sound like its a walk in the park. Im just saying that the game should have just a little bit less powerfull zombies or at least tone down the bleeding rate. This would not make the game easy it would just make it more fun because you know each time you fight one zombie "oh I wont bleed after being hit once".

My experiences: (OPINIONS)

Fighting Zeds. 

Fight them "Bullfighter style" run a bit, turn wait for them to come at you, then step to the side and go for the side of their heads with your fist. Two, maybe three shots takes them down. I like fighting bare knuckled against them most of the time. If I attract three or four, I will haul off and run for the nearest building I see that has stairs in it, then try to fight them one on one on the stairs with a melee weapon for reach.

Finding good loot.

1) Stay on very low pop servers.

2) Get your ass off the beach.

3) Run your ass into the woods with just enough food/soda. 

4) Get to a police station in a deep woods town, or an airfield.

I have had great luck in the low population servers as I have learned to play and experimented with different weapons. Even my interactions with other players on Lower Pop servers has been better then High Pop servers and "GREAT LOOT" "MASSIVE LOOT" servers...

Weapons and ammo:

Pick up every gun you can until you find the right ammo.

Pick up all the ammo you can until you find the right gun.

As for everything else, its all a learning curve and shear luck. I find if I die once, I will screw about and have several short lives in a day or two. Then I will hit a lucky streak and live ten, twelve days ambling around Chernarus taking in the sights. Currently I am wandering the streets of Solnichniy just slaying Zeds and stocking up on supplies.

• Like 1

Fists vs Zombies...

Fist 1 - Zombie 0

they are not hard... u are playing wrong...

Biggest load of crap i have read in a long time.

Biggest load of crap i have read in a long time.

lolol sry but l2p dude...

strafe -> headhit -> strafe -> headhit - > strafe -> headhit -> zombie down... without any chance that the zombie hit u... next plz...

aim to the goddamn head instead of clicking wild like a chicken...

2 hard...lmao just learn to aim and fight first person only...

Edited by quantum2k6