JosephHabib

Zombies are too hard (defending my opinion)

lolol sry but l2p dude...

strafe -> headhit -> strafe -> headhit - > strafe -> headhit -> zombie down... without any chance that the zombie hit u... next plz...

aim to the goddamn head instead of clicking wild like a chicken...

2 hard...lmao just learn to aim and fight first person only...

By the time u do all this you are bleeding heavily because how do you aim at a jumping glitchy zombie??? Please explain

I once managed to kill one with a hacksaw in one hit, guess what couldnt repeat it ever again, do you know why, because the damn game is glitchy.

I do not think zombies are OP, but I do have an issue with game mechanics and the terrible desync. A couple days ago I was literally, no hyperbole, one-shot by a zombie...

The situation was I had all pristine gear, motor cycle helmet, and healthy status. I'm positive of all this because part of my play regiment is staying in the green zone, while moving around the map as much as possible, and kitting my gear as pristinely as possible...sort of like an anal Dayz Katamari.

So I'm going to leave a building where I logged out the day before. Checked my surroundings and see a zombie loitering in the street. Since the fire axe is garbage right now, I decide to crouch walk to the next building to the right as not to draw aggro. The building to the right is one of those red buildings with the arch doorway. Of course as soon as I make it to the rear door I draw aggro anyway. I close the door and move in towards the kitchen. Still crouched I slam #4 for my Amphibia. I turn and the zombie of course flys straight through the wall, I managed to dodge this attack even though I'm still crouched. Now the zombie is in the kitchen and I'm moving back. My Amph finally comes up and then the "action is cancelled" (WTF). I poke #4 again and the zombie swings again. "Slam! You Are Dead" game over nerd.

Perhaps I was shot? Maybe. There are two large windows in that kitchen, yes, but I was moving crouched along side with the table on my right with a zombie obscuring the rear window. This is not the first time I've been in mid holstering action and taken an absurdly huge amount from a zombie, but it's first time it's actually killed me straight up.

If you were crouched, all the damage the zed did went right into your head. If you didn't have a helmet, even if you were healthy it can still kill you due to the shock damage going way over your blood levels (even with a helmet, if it got ruined in a hit earlier you lose protection from it, and pristine ones can get ruined in one hit in my experience). Or you got ganked by a player, but this is a common complaint ever since they tweaked the zombie hitboxes so when you're standing they will only hit your chest area, and when you're crouched they hit your head. I think they changed that because helmets were kind of OP due to most zed hits hitting you in the head before the tweak.

@ guy above me, one punch to the face knocks a zed down. Combine that with the DayZ signature circle strafing, and you can beat down multiple zombies without getting hit, barring lag spikes.

Edited by Amias Free

Don't know about opinions of others, but in my experience blunt weapons are practically useless. They have trouble hitting the head, since most of them are swung right to left and do less damage overall.

They simply require much more work and a feasible melee system to be effective.

My weapon hierarchy (from lowest to highest) - all blunt weapons, fists, screwdriver, bayonets, knifes, machetes, splitting axes, fire axes.

See my above post. You have to aim above zombies if you want to hit their head. Baseball bats, Shovels, fire extinguisher and the Hammer are all pro if you swing correctly.

i think the distance zombies spot you from can feel a bit much, and sometimes they spot you when they are facing and looking the other direction and quite far away

the hit reg and lag and sometimes not hearing them until they ran right up and hit you(same with players) can make it difficult,

the zombies themselves i dotn find difficult to kil, even in this current headhsot only state.

sure they can be dangerous, so just try to avoid them as best as possible when unarmed or at any other time, as you should

By the time u do all this you are bleeding heavily because how do you aim at a jumping glitchy zombie??? Please explain

bleeding? not really...

sry but u all have to learn how to play a videogame...

i can handle 3-4 zeds at the same time with bare fists...

goddamn u can bring em to kill each other by there own cleave if u are able to kite them...

THEY ARE TOO EASY!

stop whine about glitches... they have nothing to tdo with the zed gameplay... lol

Edited by quantum2k6

the jumping attacks can easily be dodgeD!

The biggest issue I think people are having about these "zombies" is the fact that they are not "ZOMBIES!!"  So get that out of your head about slow lumbering drooling brainless zombies that are suppose to move at a snails pace.  They are infected living beings that have whatever infection was spread throughout Chernarus and whatever parts of the world.  They will still move like humans.  

• Like 1

My only real issue with them is that they can hit you without being near you, due to desync. It happened too many times that I was looting, suddenly got hit a multitude of times, out of nowhere. You can run as far as you like, but it won't stop until you actually find the zed that's hitting you and kill it. Sometimes they hide pretty well  :lol:

If they fix the desync and the wall clipping, they should up the amount of zombies so we finally have an actual challenge. I remember that looting NWAF in the mod was really irritating due to the high amount of zombies. You couldn't stand up without getting at least 7 zeds on your tail, and with that many on your tail looting barracks was crazy. You couldn't loot NWAF without either crawling through the entire place or shooting so many times that all of Chernarus knows where you are. That's how it should be

• Like 1

I don't see an issue with Zeds. I had 3 on me the other day and I had a fireaxe. I found out the fireaxe is pretty useless now and had to make 10 hits on each zed to kill them but it wasn't exactly hard. Now I've worked out how to get head shots they're going down much easier.

Even aiming in the head with fists does not do much. Not anywhere near a 15 hit kill. May I remind you that being punched in the head a cople times can kill/ make you go unconscious. 

I like the game over all but I just wanted to defend my points.

Two hits to the head will knock a zombie down, a few more hits and it is dead.

Sniper

Nope, Zombie. My buddy was to the south of me, on the coast, keeping on eye on the AF as well. He saw me get hit the second time & the zombie standing over top of me. It was weird cause we both went through the town of Balota, killed any zombies we did see & then scouted the AF. Neither of us saw or heard the zombie until it hit me. Again, zombies are easy & I don't mind but "stealthy" zombie kills are frustrating when they should be making noises.

My issue has been here lately is that the Zombies will not even be facing me at all and they swing their arms and I get hit as I am hitting them in the back of the head with a fire ax. It use to not be like that. You could circle around them all day and one shot them in the head. Now you have to hit them multiple times and you don't truly know what way they are facing. They could be one way but the server thinks they are faced the other. Another strange thing is on some servers I get the Yellow and Red Desync icon ONLY when I am trying to take down a Z. After they are dead, the icon goes away. I have noticed them facing the wrong direction and landing blows both with and without the desync icon. Frame rate is not an issue. I am getting shutter free gameplay. Its just that when it comes to Zeds, they are unreliable as to where they are and where they are hitting and if I am going to desync while I am trying to ax them down. It is starting to suck because I have to keep a full inventory of 2 bandages in each slot. Everything is getting "Ruined" so fast that I am chancing it as far as bandages goes. I usually loose 1 or 2 stacks of bandages each fight due to them getting Ruined. 

System is a Intel i5 quad core, Geforce GTX 770 (2gb Video ram. Currect Drivers according to the Geforce Experience app), with 16GB of desktop ram,  running Windows 7 ULT. 64bit . 50MB download Cable Internet ISP. It is making the game suck. 

Zombies are still to easy imo.

Jumped on the experimental today and fought off 4 zombies with a kitchen knife and never got hit....

Aside from the pathfinding issues, I don't see why people are wanting uber zombies. I think the majority of people have overglorified zombies to the point that they forget they're just infected/dead HUMANS.
You complain about one-hitting with fireaxes but I guarantee if you pick up a fireaxe, run down to your local Walmart, and swing it full force on the first person you see they'll be down for the count after one or MAYBE two swings. Shooting them in foot for a one shot kill has never happened to me cause I don't aim there but I'd be willing to bet that the average human would not function well after one bullet to the chest from an M4 either. 
As stated before, zombie strength comes from numbers. Once there's 15 zombies chasing you, you'll be glad it's a one shot kill. I'm excited for pathfinding to be fixed so I can weave through building interiors to break line of sight; that'll be a real rush.

• Like 1

The only problem i have with them is that thier glitchy as hell and disobey every law of physics.

-They desynch and virtually "teleport" into you.

-They desynch and cause damage from 10ft away

-they run thru solid concrete full-tilt while your forced to fidle with opening doors to get thru

-they can get "under the map" err.. under buildings and strike your thru the floor, etc.

once all those issues are sorted to release worthy standards im completely okay with zombies being buffed, but buffing them now would just be downright annoying.

• Like 1

I think they should leave zombies the same until they can fix them properly.

There's no real point in making incremental changes when they're still glitchy and crap after each change - just leave them the same so we can get used to their behaviour, then work on them behind the scenes until they're substantially fixed and implement the changes wholesale. It'd be less annoying that way.

It's just a pain in the arse having to re-learn new ways to kill the still-buggy-and-irritating zombies every few weeks, and it doesn't really move the game forward, in my opinion.

In all Honesty if Zombies hit you even once you should be infected or dead. Zombies have to hit hard or else you won't be scared of them. I think melee needs some work but zombies should be 2-3 hit IMO. This is a HARDCORE survival game after all.

• Like 1

I don't find them too difficult or too easy, I find them extremely annoying though, in their current state they only really infuriate me. They're easy to deal with, but as soon as I go into an area like elektro or cherno I lose about 10fps in these places, not a big deal to me, but it makes hitting a zombie directly in the head a considerably more difficult task by comparison, as i'm not used to the framerate it drops to. There's a high tendancy to make a tiny slip fighting them here and get your jacket and everything inside instantly ruined (worst case scenario.) All the melee weapons on stable seem too weak, and stopping to dispatch even a single zombie can take a while if your frames have gotten low. Although on experimental melee damage seems much more reasonable and even with that slight change, they don't seem too bad. On stable they're just irritating

• Like 1

I'd like to see zombies nerfed a little bit. I'm tired of having my gear ruined because I had a little lag when a zombie ran at me. One time a single punch from a zombie ruined my pristine jacket and destroyed most of its contents.

I can ruin a jacket in a manner of seconds with one good yank at a seam. What makes this an unrealistic problem with a zombie, a creature devoid of scruples or feelings?

Welp, yet again one-shot by a zombie. Danced around with him with a fire axe. Taking high swings that passed straight thru without making contact.Then "what did the five fingers say to the face?" *slap* "you are dead". Should have just kept moving while he clawed me blood crazy from 20 meters away. Now I know this doesn't all have to do with exactly how strong zombies are, and more to do with desync, but WTF?

1. Go to top of steep hill  2. Run down hill. 3.??? 4. Profit.

3. Laugh ur ass off? ;)