Evil Minion

DayZ Virtual Paper Doll - Community Clothing Suggestions (v1.30)

Updated - I am a little surprised the Tank Top won the shirt poll (expected the Dress Shirt to win).

Edited by Evil Minion

I did not read the whole thread since its kind of long.

But maybe you shoudl do extra threads for the poll so we cann keep track of the results? Just link them in the first post. Right now I do not now if maybe something like Urban camo (like this: http://www.a-tacs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/atacs-urban-unreleased-1.jpg) was already suggested.

I forgot to make the vests more visible - should be easier to see what you are voting for/against now. There is Urban Camo on the list but its a darker digital pattern. That being said I decided to add A-TACS to the list and use your picture as reference.

My ideas for clothing. Sweatpants,sweatshirt, some type of construction clothing's to go with that hard hat. Some native russian or other countries near it clothing, those suits that those people wear when they go into radiation zones to protect them self's. Tuxedos, other fancy clothing(who's says we can't look nice in an apocolypse). Those thin chest belts that hold bullets and can be used for machine guns(like a browning m2). Overalls. A dean hall shirt or more things that have devs in it(like the old dean beans and rocket aviaters)

Headbands with or with out some sticking out. For any type of helmet like ballistic make it the ability to make camo. I can't think any more types of stuff keep this community nice and good. Be a good minion

BTW isn't there a list for shirt wear I swear I saw one with the sweater idea in it.

Edited by DaNic2553

I suggest some pictures:

Leather pants / Chaps

vfzh43ixpx.jpg

Poncho made out of cloth

j682b6sv9k1.jpg

poncho.jpg

Dunno, maybe different holsters.

Beltholster

7680.jpg

Revolver-belt (all pistols, Longhorn excluded)

1acathol-033027.jpg

Leg-holster (for sawn off shotgun, Longhorn)

9k8d9ztfkyp.jpg

Chest-holsters:

gclbh98xzm7.jpg

This are great ideas I would love to be with stuff. (Especially the poncho). We've had some good cloths added throughout the months but what I really what to see is a dean hall or dean"rocket" hall shirt would be fun to run around with.

More (color) variants for existing clothes are always nice. Though there are way too many possibilities to list them all thats why I decided to limit the topic to styles. Camo patterns go in this direction as well as they are relatively well defined and low in number (at least compared to civilian motives/color schemes/patterns etc.).

Again. I will probably remove implemented items from the list entirely to make it a little shorter.

Updated. replaced the Ninja outfit with a Gi as you can combine Gi+Balaclava+Gloves+Boots for a Ninja Outfit.

The underwear area entirely relies on the fact that the devs will add nudity (which may or may not happen, although they probably would've modeled the characters nude already if they really wanted it) unless you just propose swappable clothing in said region.

Some of the clothes seem a bit over the top or unnecessary (like the Ninja Suit, I mean wtf?) but a lot of them would be nice aesthetics. Also, the fur hats and clothes could be crafted and provide a lot of extra warmth when (hopefully) temperatures have a bigger effect on the environment and the player.

Yes - underwear could work as swappable as well. Its just to provide more variety (and gamplay options) and some of the other suggestions might look pretty silly with the current set.

There are some joke items on the list as well - though we also got clown masks ingame. As long as they are implemented in a realistic and believable fashion they would make the game more diverse. And maybe some creative players will put them to good use.

As long as I can run around in one of these singing "Why can't we be friends" I don't care what kind of underwear/boxers/panties/thongs/speedo they add :D

61sqrVO4fLL._SL1001_.jpg

Maybe underwear could also work as something you choose at the start of the game - both sexes can choose a style for the lower part and females can also choose a style for the upper body (males might choose chest hair instead) and only the longer and more functional versions (tank tops, thermal underwear etc.) would be found in loot spawns. Then all those starter pieces should work the same regradless of being boxer shorts or a string bikini.

Maybe I will add this as a bonus question to the next poll. At the moment the vest poll has been finished and added to the results.

Facial wear poll up - with another bonus question though.

Three items are missing a picture (because I did not find a satisfying one) but should be clear anyways.

How about some kind of tribal facial tattoos? Like, you know, they could be made with the ones that kids play with, the ones you put on your skin and hold a wet piece of paper on it for a moment? :D

Also, how about camo facepaint? Those that are used by military, usually green and/or black?

Don't know if anybody suddgested this allready. But I would like to have the "hero" shirt in the game. Just that kind of pattern and colour that it is in the mod