Evil Minion

DayZ Virtual Paper Doll - Community Clothing Suggestions (v1.30)

Whats about "gumofilce" (kolhozniki, village administrator shoes, filce, etc)?   They are very common in this part of Europe (they are downright synonymous housing in rural areas) and good protection against cold and water.

gumofilce-z-gumy-roz-44-3-3779577725.jpg

I would like to see a set of medieval armour.

Maybe not a full set, but more of a medium mix of chain and plate.

Like a breastplate, helmet, gloves, lower arm, and other not too mobile areas with chain mail over the joints and such.

Like the Mason Order knight from Chivalry :Medieval Warfare which I'm told has Eastern/ Russian sort of twist (not that Chernarus is Russia, but I assume it's very closeby). Like this http://rusmnb.ru/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=2104

Also for zombies and clothes, I think they shouldn't spawn with clothes. They should spawn as normal old zombie models but the clothes they're wearing should be in the game available to players.

You could then go up to their dead body and select strip zombie.

It would spawn damaged, badly damaged copies of the clothing on the ground beside them and change the zombie model to one in its underwear. The game could decide not to even bother spawning ruined items if it wanted to.

I think this is good because it stops all the items coming in when people aren't even going to stop and look on the zombies.

I also think zombies need to have a different models and abilities to match, large athletic looking male zombies could be fast and strong.

Some zombies could have motorbike leathers and a helmet on, making them hard to hurt.

Military or police zombies could have ballistic vests on, riot gear zombies etc etc.

Medieval armour zombie could be a chance to spawn at castles :D

I would like to see a set of medieval armour.

Maybe not a full set, but more of a medium mix of chain and plate.

Like a breastplate, helmet, gloves, lower arm, and other not too mobile areas with chain mail over the joints and such.

I'd like to see a chain hauberk or some lamellar / scale armour. Maybe a helmet as well, but nothing more. I don't really want to see greaves, iron boots and gauntlets. A sword or war axe would also be a nice touch. Old armour and weapons would only be found at museums or at castles. They'd be rare, and the armour would be more cosmetic than particularly effective, especially against bullets, but they should provide some protection against all melee attacks and low-velocity projectiles. The armour should also be extremely heavy if a weight system is implemented.

Zombie clothes shouldn't be removable but zombies should occasionally carry items. Military zombies should carry more useful items, and should maybe be able to be stripped of their assault webbing/ helmet, provided its condition is always damaged/badly damaged or maybe even ruined.

• Like 1

Allright I will consider the "Other" votes as votes for medieval armor pieces.

Poll will go down in the next few days and the shirt poll will probably start next week.

The format of this thread is so similar to the Weapon thread lol...

I sometimes accidentally click on this one thinking its the Weapon thread.

I appreciate what you have done, definitely, but is there a way you could make it less similar?

If not, then that is alright i guess.

• Like 1

The format of this thread is so similar to the Weapon thread lol...

I sometimes accidentally click on this one thinking its the Weapon thread.

I appreciate what you have done, definitely, but is there a way you could make it less similar?

If not, then that is alright i guess.

It is similar because your layout is so good.

It is similar because your layout is so good.

Yes, but some difference would be nice...

Any ideas?

Its about as different as it gets without using a worse layout.

You could add some more creativity to it though to not make it look like the Weapon List...

The Community's Weapon list is pretty much standard.

Its a clothing list - and it even says "Paper Doll" - though its a little missleading as you should have to find clothes ingame to try them.

Another difference is the usage of a color palette instead of three distinct colors - still red/yellow/green because its the best for most people (sorry colorblind users).

Starting to see a lot of threads pop up basically using the same format.

But go ahead I guess.

Limitation of technology - I would like to have a single permanent poll but I can't include enough questions and options (also they change as options change).

I'd rather have the devs fix the core elements of the game before adding more clothing.

Dooooooooooode.

the people, who add new stuff are not the ones, who work on fixing bugs.

The Art-team-people COULD go to the "bug-fix-team" and help them.

But do the Art-people know how to fix bugs? Probably not. Do they know how to make new models&co? Yes.

So what should they do....?

as they already implemented the feature of overheating from too many clothes this is getting interesting. i like all kinds of diversity, as long as the balancing is fine, i´m in.

Those clothes don't need to be balanced as long as every piece has its use. However, better clothes should be more rare and maybe harder to maintain as well.

The thread of overheating would meke shorter clothes more viable as would a weight system and better persistance (makes lack of inventory space less of an issue).