MCNine

Decreased interest in the game?

I'm waiting for more players online mostly and permanent storage.

• Like 1

Hello there

Wait until release.

Rgds

LoK

2 million + units sold you'll be lucky if half are playing when it gets released but as you see lets wait and see :)

2 million + units sold you'll be lucky if half are playing when it gets released but as you see lets wait and see :)

Hello there

1 million plus, will still be rather nice.

TBH ill be happy with a far smaller hard core audience.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

The decrease in interest is only natural.

The hype from the mod has pretty much died down now - hence why the developers made the most of it by releasing the early access when they did.

I doubt that the Stand Alone will ever exceed the mod even when it is fully finished. Simply because of other games on the market and the lack of "novelty" as well as people simply not attracted to the hardcore survival element.

I'm sure it will pick up when we have more content such as vehicles etc.. People probably sick of dieing to KOS and having to walk a lot to get re geared for the same to happen. This is why I record my gameplay and upload my adventures to Youtube, it keeps me interested in the game and I have a lot of down time to edit etc :D

If the active community gets smaller it can only be a good thing for the remaining players. I've played every experimental patch i can mainly because the player interactions are so much more fun simply due to the type of players on experimental. Its like distilling alcohol, each time your left with less, but its finer quality. 

• Like 1

Yep,decreased intrest is a suitable term.

But that's to be expected,it's an Alpha after all.

I'll start playing again when the survival aspect starts to define the game.That means zombies and navemesh.

Some fixes on the desync would be welcome as well,i hate seeing my character dancing inside cities.

I'd rather quit and wait than fight with lag.

I took a break to play ESO for a month and came back to find I really enjoyed it again.

I think the patches will keep making the game better.  I am tempering my play so as to not burn out the fun completely before the full game is released.

• Like 2

Waiting for at least 3-4 more patches before I begin to play properly. I only dip in to the game every so often. To be honest I want to see stable servers, Higher client FPS and less clunkiness in regards to the UI. However I know this is only due to it being Alpha so I'm happy to wait.

It sure seems like there is a decreased interest in the standalone game here over the past few months. Even with patches and content it seems like there are less people posting on Forums/reddit and less people in games. Has everyone moved onto the Mod or just to other games? 

I remember the beginning of this spring semester i was so ready for elder scrolls online but the wait kind of ruined me. Maybe some people are done waiting for BIG content. Go ahead, explain its in alfer.

or they could be takikng a break until the content they want in the game is added?

It's to be expected In between extended patch delivery. People will do one of three things, keep playing and enjoying the game for what it is, come to forum and demand more content from the dev's while acting like a spoiled little brat or pick up another game and patiently wait for the next installment. Fluctuations of players during an ALPHA is not something to be concerned about.  

TBH ill be happy with a far smaller hard core audience.

So very very much this.

• Like 1

Even with patches and content it seems like there are less people posting on Forums/reddit and less people in games. Has everyone moved onto the Mod or just to other games? 

Wait, they have patches?

Oh, it's been a while, I almost forgot. I do wonder how much improvements they will make on desync/bandwidth issues. Should a 1mb connection suffice, or is it going to require a 20mb connection? I'm hoping for the former, and almost expecting the latter.

All the aimbotting is what killed the game for me at this point.

Doubt this will ever get fixed, they never do in even AAA title games, so yah im pretty much done with Dayz.

Takes too much time to invest just to have some idiot take ya down at 800 meters with a fulll m4 burst.

i just want beerkegs and gas bottles! which can be stored in bars und beer taps able to fill empty bottles (whatever) with BEER!

beerkegs and gas bottles can only be carried in Hand! stored under beer taps!

as well as

A WORKING TRAIN

as well as

BANANAS IN HOLSTERS

AND....

NO HELICOPTERS ATALL!!!!!    PLZ. SAY NO TO HELICOPTERS!!!!

The mod numbers are obviously off .. see here: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Steam charts says 59 people are playing DayZ Mod, but at the same time the Arma 2 server list shows it's over 1,000 just if you count the DayZ players on the front page. 

And the statistics here show that DayZ Mod is still getting around 10,000 concurrent users per day at peak time, and dropping to 4,000 at the lowest : http://arma2.swec.se/game/statistics (see chart at the bottom)

It probably isn't showing up correctly in Steam charts because that only counts people using the "DayZ Mod" vanilla game in their Steam library, but not the people playing submods like Epoch through Arma 2+DayZCommander.

Edited by fuke

The mod numbers are obviously off .. see here: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

You are correct, I for one have never played the Mod using Steam.

I did however transfer my BI Store games to Steam when the option became available a short while ago.

• Like 1

standalone is a deathmatch game and nothing more.

server hopping and killing people - thats dayz

There is no longplay-motivation in the moment. Lets say I collect/ loot things until my backpack is full, than I will go for P VS. P...

People must do something for longterm! Doing a little camp... with a tent for storaging their loot, placing a nice campfire in front of it... etc :D

Edited by TiMEDANCE

standalone in it's alpha state is a deathmatch game and nothing more as they are still adding features to the game

server hopping and killing people - thats dayz in it's current sate.

Only a couple days coming back from suspension and already bashing  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I fixed it for you

Only a couple days coming back from suspension and already bashing  :rolleyes:

Anyway, I fixed it for you

SUSPENSION? :D I don´t mind.... :thumbsup:

It seems to me like the community is whining just for the sake of whining, don't you have anything else to talk about? In that case, silence could be a good idea.

• Like 2

This is an extremely inaccurate post, the steam-charts are for the actual launching of the mod through Steam, not the people playing the mod through things such as DayZ Commander, Six Launcher, and etc. That statistic is for the extremely basic launching of the mod through the Steam download of DayZ, which so very few people have done because Six and Commander are much better and easier to play the submods. Just figured I'd point this out.

-Edit- Just read someone else pointing this out in a different fashion in this thread, but figured I would keep this post anyway for further reasoning the mod isn't as low a player count as some people might think.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Kyrios