SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Originally we planned to release the 0.45, currently on experimental branch, to stable today. However feedback from experimental identified a flaw in a newly designed system to handle player movement. This causes the server to, when faced with complex geometry, come up with a different acceptable pathing result than a client. When the server and client have differing states, the server “wins”. Therefore the place your client lets you go gets “reset” and you warp back to your position.

This is very frustrating as I am sure those testing on experimental will know. We know exactly the problem that causes this, it’s not a bug in a traditional sense but a problem with the approach we used. Currently that approach is being rewritten.

What we did do was merge in some changes to 0.44 that enhance security. There are some loopholes in the game that have not been utilizing our client-server architecture and we will continue to work on these to reduce the impact of hacking and exploiting in the game.

Please report any issues with the game to our feedback tracker.

Read on Tumblr

• Like 33

Well, we'll have to wait a little bit more then :) keep up the good work. Thanks

Originally we planned to release the 0.45, currently on experimental branch, to stable today. However feedback from experimental identified a flaw in a newly designed system to handle player movement. This causes the server to, when faced with complex geometry, come up with a different acceptable pathing result than a client. When the server and client have differing states, the server “wins”. Therefore the place your client lets you go gets “reset” and you warp back to your position.

This is very frustrating as I am sure those testing on experimental will know. We know exactly the problem that causes this, it’s not a bug in a traditional sense but a problem with the approach we used. Currently that approach is being rewritten.

What we did do was merge in some changes to 0.44 that enhance security. There are some loopholes in the game that have not been utilizing our client-server architecture and we will continue to work on these to reduce the impact of hacking and exploiting in the game.

Please report any issues with the game to our feedback tracker.

Read on Tumblr

Understandable. I wouldn't have minded the problem in stable but I can't really speak for the whole player base :p. The geometry problem is easily avoidable and I actually haven't encountered the problem for quite a while.

I digress, glad to see you guys knocking out these problems.

On a different note, any news on the rendering engine?

• Like 5

better to wait than getting bad results!

• Like 4

Good luck and keep up the good work!! B)  Thanks for letting us know! :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Great to know that the problem is being fixed, been having a blast even with the warping. Keep up the awesome work.

thanks for letting us know !  i really appreciate that you told us

but can you do something like thismore often ?

What a suprise...

Dude give them a break, things take time to fix. I'd much rather them fix things right than have a patch that breaks 100 more things. I'm glad they are making progress, it may not he fast enough for some people but at least they are making progress.

• Like 11

Dude give them a break, things take time to fix. I'd much rather them fix things right than have a patch that breaks 100 more things. I'm glad they are making progress, it may not he fast enough for some people but at least they are making progress.

"progress" Is an overstatement my good chum.

Edited by OpTic_Polar

Why ? 

• Like 2

Well old chap, please answer a few questions. Why is it that everything has to move at breakneck speeds to satisfy people? And why on earth did you go on steam, pay 30 bucks to "buy into" early access alpha, knowing there would be bugs, glitches and all sorts of testing going on in alpha? Did you not read the giant disclaimer before you even got to the purchase section of steam?

Yes this game has made progress, it has been slow. If you want to help the process, go do what you paid for and test the game. Explore a bit go looking for oddities, glitches instead of playing death match in berezino or the airfield. Or you could just walk away for a bit and come back to see if progress has been made. I'm sorry but you should not be bitching when they told us in the beginning that this is gonna be a long strange trip from alpha to release

• Like 13

Thanks for letting us know.

I can't pretend I'm not sad about this setback but I do understand.

It is a good thing that you actually found out the problem and a possible solution(from how I understood the post).

And please,don't talk about progress.It might be slow,but there IS progress.Unlike other games in early access(I won't mention them here) who havent updated a thing for like...2 and a half months.

well the engine is pretty old, if they change that evrything would be much easier from the start ^^ just a gesture.

• Like 2

well the engine is pretty old, if they change that evrything would be much easier from the start ^^ just a gesture.

The engine is beeing modified regularly in order to create this game...I wouldn't say is old anymore.

What a suprise...

Its suprising you that games dont develop themselves or by snapping fingers?

Ok.

• Like 1

I am outraged that a beta I am participating in is having BUGS! How offensive!!!

In all honesty though, it was pretty frustrating! I will be back on experimental as soon as it's fixed.

I am outraged that a beta I am participating in is having BUGS! How offensive!!!

In all honesty though, it was pretty frustrating! I will be back on experimental as soon as it's fixed.

No, its --->ALPHA<---
  • Like 2

The engine is beeing modified regularly in order to create this game...I wouldn't say is old anymore.

havent played for a few month went on experimental with latest build fps 65 thinking sweet aproach towns not even biggiesh ones drops down to 25 fps. uninstalled again waits for more months....

• Like 2