SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

This game... lol 30 dollars? for an alpha thats been a alpha for almost a year. I just played it after a 700+ mb update, hoping some of the critical errors would be fixed, guess what, i got killed by a zombie threw a wall that was standing in the opposite room.. This is a rant, and its my opinion. Freedom of speech and something i'm entitled to. I really liked the mod, i sank a whole summer into it. Really, i had no life. I expect the standalone to make me want to sink another summer in the world of Chernarus as well. Please fix these errors. Thank you

This game... lol 30 dollars? for an alpha thats been a alpha for almost a year. I just played it after a 700+ mb update, hoping some of the critical errors would be fixed, guess what, i got killed by a zombie threw a wall that was standing in the opposite room.. This is a rant, and its my opinion. Freedom of speech and something i'm entitled to. I really liked the mod, i sank a whole summer into it. Really, i had no life. I expect the standalone to make me want to sink another summer in the world of Chernarus as well. Please fix these errors. Thank you

It's almost like the Game Creator has forum threads and popups built into the game that say "The Game Is Not Even a Game Yet, Only Spend Your Money If You Want To Help Development" and then someone at an International Blind Children's Conference endorsed this game.

Let me help you out mate:

⠠⠮⠀⠠⠛⠁⠍⠑⠀⠠⠊⠎⠀⠠⠝⠀⠠⠑⠧⠑⠝⠀⠁⠀⠠⠛⠁⠍⠑⠀⠠⠽⠑⠞⠂⠀⠠⠕⠝⠇⠽⠀⠠⠎⠏⠢⠙⠀⠠⠽⠗⠀⠠⠍⠐⠕⠽⠀⠠⠊⠋⠀⠠⠽⠀⠠⠺⠁⠝⠞⠀⠠⠞⠕⠀⠠⠓⠑⠇⠏⠀⠠⠙⠑⠧⠑⠇⠕⠏⠰⠞

Hrmm. You might have to have someone feel that for you? Wait...this solution seems to have some difficulties. Don't worry. Immerseve brail that can be felt through your monitor will be in the DayzSA Beta, for sure.

Also there's a quote going around about how immediately appealing to Freedom of Speech as a basis for stating your opinion (which really isn't guaranteed on the internet ^.^) is the same as saying "I know what I am saying is dumb ahead of time, but I'm going to say it anyway"

Edited by johngalt

Fanboys need to stop defending the game every time an idiot/new comes complaining about the alpha , no one need you stalking the forum waiting for someone to attack the devs , they dont need you! play the damn game, search bugs , ignore these people if they cant wait just let em go

I love dayz and i do undestand that is in  alpha and bla bla bla , i get killed by bugs , low fps , etc etc etc , but i never came here to cry about it BUT IMHO the devs also need to stop denying that this game is evolving really slow , every new update take a month (or more) and comes with so many new bugs (is normal in alpha games though) that takes another month to get fixed .

If the game keepts with this development speed is not really hard to come to the conclusion that it wont be ready for at least another year , you just need to make the math .

Will it be ready before the hype die  or another zombie survival game more polished come out ? from a normal player point of view ill say NO.

Again i'm not here to complaing , i love dayz and ill continue testing and playing until i get bored and frustrated with all this but i think some people should think twice before post (alpha complainers and fanboys).

Actually, finding a broken door, that appears broken from several feet away, and placing a large neon sign on said door "Door Broken, Use Other Door", and then setting up a table and chairs next to said entrance, and waiting to ridicule people that can't figure out what is wrong with the door, and placing said videos on youtube is an honorable past time.

This forum is much akin to the above example. You can only place so many indicators of reality in front of people before they are asking to be smacked with a nerf bat for dumb. Those people need to be told that they are dumb as much as possible in the hopes that they will in fact realize that they are dumb, and not accidentally through a NASA Astronaut program and then dumb the International Space Station into a top secret USAF Space Command Orbital Laser.

You are the type of person that shows up to the zoo not to watch the animals but to yell at the people that show up to the zoo to poke with sticks the people that are feeding the animals next to the "Don't Feed the Fucking Animals It's How We Get Ants" sign, because....well I don't know why.

Edited by johngalt

FYI Dean is project leader, not the CEO.

I just used it as an example, but I hope you enjoyed your post.

Companies with 2 million customers and $60 million dollars of our money don't just fuck around either. They also don't miss an opportunity like E3. Everybody was hyping H1Z1 and already calling DayZ the 'old zombie MMORPG'. 

Im sure they had their reasons not to go on E3, they propably didnt have anything to show what we already dont know. 

But the question was about Dean going on vacation and somehow magically everybody else stops working?

Well I understand it, when the boss leaves the building the slacking begins, not sure if its the case here.

Edited by BENEDICTUS

0.45 is released on experimental for testing.?

Edited by ManLasvegas

0.45 is released on experimental for testing.?

0.45 is on stable since wednesday late afternoon (Europe).

0.46 is supposed to be released on experimental today, but they might not do it.

Do we know what is in 0.46?

As usual, just speculations and guesses, nothing confirmed.

When asked, Hicks just replied "boom", wich might mean "something big", "you'll be surprised", "I don't want to tell you", "explosives", "whatever" and you can choose to guess what you prefer :)

Anyway, the push was delayed from yesterday because they were working on something security related, so that's the only about to be sure thing, but it is not content.

I just got an update...Am I reading this right and they have re-added chopper crash sites into the game? If so, that is a major improvement...The game desperately needs more procedurally generated stuff to keep things fresh.

How about hunting and animals? added yet?

Have they pushed the path finding fix yet? Or is it close?

It's getting difficult to keep up with progress and I haven't played since January. I am not really interested in playing until the path finding fix and the hunting is live.

Yes, crash sites are in I've seen a few around with loot around (Although it wasn't great loot, just ammo which I didn't need) and animals too, I've so far seen boars and elk. Path finding, well zombies still run through walls but it does feel a little better but that might just be me.

• Like 1

got killed by a zombie threw a wall that was standing in the opposite room..

A zombie threw you with a wall that was standing in the opposite room?

• Like 3

lol omg, exactly one month now since they made their "plans" and nothing happened...

just ridiculous... also, i want my money back!

Edited by robophant

A zombie threw you with a wall that was standing in the opposite room?

Hulk zombie.

lol omg, exactly one month now since they made their "plans" and nothing happened...

just ridiculous... also, i want my money back!

The devblog is about releasing 0.45 to stable...yes, it has required a lot of time, but...now 0.45 is on stable, so wth are you complaining about? :/

You should keep trolling in other topics, where it might be more comprehensible.

It just irritates me to see coments like :" we can w8 " , "take your time" or sh** like that! Are u people serious!? Game is in development and alpha FOR LIKE FOREVER!!!!! Dev's u are doing lousy job, u are slow and if that is serious company U work in U would all get fired for working like that! 

( don't bother to reply couse i won't read that carebear coments anyhow! )

It just irritates me to see coments like :" we can w8 " , "take your time" or sh** like that! Are u people serious!? Game is in development and alpha FOR LIKE FOREVER!!!!! Dev's u are doing lousy job, u are slow and if that is serious company U work in U would all get fired for working like that! 

Well I did it anyway. You want to know why I wait? Because I want them to do this "shit" as you call it better than rush it like zombies rush toward you and end up dead. Even if they take that time we give to them, of cource it will have bugs. Every game does, even when they are out of beta and shit. Just be patient and you'll love it.

A whole month? You poor self entitled little fuckwit.

hehe

Well I did it anyway. You want to know why I wait? Because I want them to do this "shit" as you call it better than rush it like zombies rush toward you and end up dead. Even if they take that time we give to them, of cource it will have bugs. Every game does, even when they are out of beta and shit. Just be patient and you'll love it.

I don't think that guy even realises how long games are usually in development. Maybe he thinks games are actually developed within a couple of month?

I don't think that guy even realises how long games are usually in development. Maybe he thinks games are actually developed within a couple of month?

Seems like it :D

Indeed, when alphas generally are not public so you dont know how many years they work with it.. Now when you can join one they want it all immediately like it was complete game.

And maybe the couble of month is the case today as all releases are just map/texture packs... Bf/cod anyone?

Edited by Zeppa

I am grateful for the chance to participate in an alpha.  Everyone should remember that it still is an alpha.  What do you expect, BF4?  

Did you see what I did there? :)

• Like 1

Oh hey. I mean it's not like Dean said before release that Alpha would last for about a year and beta for roughly 6 months. Oh no. Wait. He did. My bad.

• Like 1

Oh hey. I mean it's not like Dean said before release that Alpha would last for about a year and beta for roughly 6 months. Oh no. Wait. He did. My bad.

you do realise that the alpha was delayed multiple times before its release due to the network bubble and core architecture, and its coming up to its 8th month and very little has really been done, yet dean has already announced that the game is being moved onto a different engine? So pretty much an entire overhaul and back to the drawing board.

I was so happy when the alpha was announced and was a relatively active forum goer. I also used to laugh at the war z forums as it descended into the last few fan boys desperately trying to defend the game, spewing the same line, “omg its still in alpha”, as the shitty devs churned out some terrible katan that looks like it had been plucked right out of a 1980’s he-man film to appease their last few players. Unfortunately I am seeing a lot of comparisons between that forum and this one now. The die hards are defending the game despite a very sluggish development and now an announcement they are going back to square one. In no game development, with a team of their size should it have taken this long, I have enough mates who work as developers, designers, QA, etc to know that with the team that they have it should have moved along more quickly. 8 months on and it is only starting to feel like it has 75% of the features in the mod are now in the alpha. I feel its getting more about hats and shoes than focusing on the main core game elements, like vehicles.

I have very little hope that this game will ever actually get finished. Its built on a broken engine and they have only just realised it 8 months after they released it to the public as an alpha. Such potential, great idea, just not enough talent to actually see it through to fruition. 

Edited by triggy89