SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

Companies with 2 million customers and $60 million dollars of our money don't just fuck around either. They also don't miss an opportunity like E3. Everybody was hyping H1Z1 and already calling DayZ the 'old zombie MMORPG'. 

blablablbala

• Like 2

All this makes me laugh. Do you know what..

This game will go beta later this year (maybe) and will be released next year (maybe) and aaaaaaaalllll this bial and bullets about release dates, promises, deadlines, lack of updates, lack of info blah blah blah blah blah etc etc etc.. will all be forgotten on release day, everyone will be excited, those who paid in for alpha will be chuffed to nuts it's finished and a few thousand more will purchase the finished game, wonder where they've been all their lives all everyone will then play together for evermore, agreeing that everything was so worth waiting for and the game will become the legend its already destined to be.

So relax, it'll be ready when its ready OK?

• Like 7

... and a few thousand more will purchase the finished game, wonder where they've been all their lives all everyone will then play together for evermore, agreeing that everything was so worth waiting for and the game will become the legend its already destined to be.

So relax, it'll be ready when its ready OK?

The finished Game, if this day may ever come, will be outdated since release, I guarantee it. Those Devs are slowing down a little big bit too much down imho.

• Like 1

Fanboys need to stop defending the game every time an idiot/new comes complaining about the alpha , no one need you stalking the forum waiting for someone to attack the devs , they dont need you! play the damn game, search bugs , ignore these people if they cant wait just let em go

I love dayz and i do undestand that is in  alpha and bla bla bla , i get killed by bugs , low fps , etc etc etc , but i never came here to cry about it BUT IMHO the devs also need to stop denying that this game is evolving really slow , every new update take a month (or more) and comes with so many new bugs (is normal in alpha games though) that takes another month to get fixed .

If the game keepts with this development speed is not really hard to come to the conclusion that it wont be ready for at least another year , you just need to make the math .

Will it be ready before the hype die  or another zombie survival game more polished come out ? from a normal player point of view ill say NO.

Again i'm not here to complaing , i love dayz and ill continue testing and playing until i get bored and frustrated with all this but i think some people should think twice before post (alpha complainers and fanboys).

• Like 3

h1z1 will beat dayz's ass - Not because it will be better in any way but because dayz will never be finished!!!

This rate of progress is just ridiculous. It almost looks like they have no clue about what to do with their crappy, clunky and ridiculously bugged game engine. Also, it seems to take them months to implement useless stuff like new hats - how can that be? Is it that hard to implement something into this game that even a new hat or a new spawn-location takes ages to code?

It's just so sad, considering that i already spent my money on this crap in good trust.

Edited by robophant

Have to agree that progress is slow atm., but also think when they get the Infusion engine going & get the game to set 64 bit, we will see quicker & more often updates. Those are both huge changes & will take time.

still waiting the release of 0.45

why? just go do something with your life. jesus.

when it gets here, it gets here, i'm loving the game so far and it's got a long way to go, i'm sure it'll be one of the greats. I'm already telling my friends to buy it :p

you can say the same about ANYTHING in someones life.

just because somethings not important to you doesn't mean other people with different lives don't care either.

• Like 4

They said the exp. branch has gone backward to an older one to let player feel the rubber banding bug is fixed. So... does that mean today we won't have update for stable version?

Edited by msy

How the fuck would the game die off from keeping the internal deadlines and timetables disclosed like it usually is done when games are made????

Even the giant Sony missed internal deadlines with most games.......INCLUDING H1Z1. Those timelines and deadlines are TARGETS not hard dates.

They said the exp. branch has gone backward to an older one to let player feel the rubber banding bug is fixed. So... does that mean today we won't have update for stable version?

No. Whoever told you that is an idiot. As far as I understood, some elements introduced with the last patch were disabled for a while but should be back on now.

edit:

Players may notice some function or features not showing up on exp right now, will be updated back in after a night of testing. (In the AM)

Hicks just tweeted this ... guess we have to wait a bit mor

Edited by Exorade

Uhm lol.

Isn't it his decision and what someone wants to do with his life, it's his decision right?

Ontopic:

I WANT WANT WANT.

When I come back from the city about a few hours I think 0.45 is live! I am sure I will be playing that this midday!

Kalle

The best thing about 0.45 going to Stable is 0.46 going to Exp.  ;)

renting a Server tonight if they release the fishing, hunting, bonfires and akm to stable!

It is frustrating when I see other early access games such as project cars being updated on a weekly basis with bug fixes and new features, yet we get a stagnant alpha that gets an update whenever they feel like releasing. I don't think I'm alone in saying that it'd be great to see weekly/bi-weekly updates, even if it was just "we fixed one single texture". Just seeing a steam update would keep everyone interested and confident that one day we'll have a game.

I also don't buy into the "experimental" and "stable" server branches. I rubber band to hell on stable and witness just as many bugs and glitches, so clearly the two branches aren't that different. 

It is frustrating when I see other early access games such as project cars being updated on a weekly basis with bug fixes and new features, yet we get a stagnant alpha that gets an update whenever they feel like releasing. I don't think I'm alone in saying that it'd be great to see weekly/bi-weekly updates, even if it was just "we fixed one single texture". Just seeing a steam update would keep everyone interested and confident that one day we'll have a game.

I also don't buy into the "experimental" and "stable" server branches. I rubber band to hell on stable and witness just as many bugs and glitches, so clearly the two branches aren't that different. 

Let me explain the last part for you.

If they only had 1 server (stable), could you imagine the QQ that would come if they released a one of your bi-weekly updates that caused the game to be broken for half ( or all) of the player base? Its there for a reason ( and a very good one too).

• Like 1

Let me explain the last part for you.

If they only had 1 server (stable), could you imagine the QQ that would come if they released a one of your bi-weekly updates that caused the game to be broken for half ( or all) of the player base? Its there for a reason ( and a very good one too).

p7ES3Rz.gif

p7ES3Rz.gif

care to explain how then? Or is this the total of your argument?

care to explain how then? Or is this the total of your argument?

1. Provide evidence of when experimental has been so broken no one can play.

2. Provide evidence of the "successful" stable releases that hasn't introduced more bugs or forgot to fix the existing ones.

If you're going to call my post out, at least prepare your argument, rather than just a wild stab. You can't demand an explanation to a counter argument of your already ill thought-out post. 

1. Provide evidence of when experimental has been so broken no one can play.

2. Provide evidence of the "successful" stable releases that hasn't introduced more bugs or forgot to fix the existing ones.

If you're going to call my post out, at least prepare your argument, rather than just a wild stab. You can't demand an explanation to a counter argument of your already ill thought-out post. 

I was not calling you out, i was stating my opinion. And guess what? It's just as valid as yours. You want more updates and more often? Fine. I would rather have bigger updates less often.

Also, See my quote you linked? See who i was quoting/calling out?

Edited by Spikér