Mays (DayZ)

Best guns? (against humans)

I've been going in and out of police stations and finding tons of different guns. Last time I played there were only two primary weapons and two seconday weapons I think. Which are best now? I have three different pistols in my bag!

As a main wep I would say Mosin or if you play in exp AKM. As secondary/pistol 1911 or magnum is what I prefer.

Very happy with the M4, three guys jumped me with a Mosin, .357 and SKS. Having put 30 rounds in the two first, meant I didn't have to worry about them getting up or being able to recover anything from their corpses. Last guy wised up and ran away. 

Edited by Dallas

I think AKM especially with PSO and 75rnd drum mag might start to dominate, once it arrives on stable.

For secondary, magnum or anything with .45 cal. If they ever fix shotguns then sawn-off :-D.

Edited by Hombre

I actually prefer any weapon that doesn't have a magazine, so I am not at the mercy of the Random Loot God, over a weapon that has a magazine. It just feels like I am so more efficient, plus I can actually use the ammunition I find in a town rather than have to search for a magazine.

So, my firearms of choice are:

Primary: Mosin, sometimes SKS

Secondary: Sawed-off Shotgun

Sidearm: Magnum 

Mosin w/ a long range scope, bipods(don't know if they do anything BUT HEY they look cool ok don't judge me), and the compensator(again lol does it do anything?) if you're going to be camping somewhere picking off players or possibly if you're getting to a high vantage point and acting as security for a group that's going to clear out some buildings. the M4 , though gives you that automatic ability in the event you are the one clearing rooms or something pops around a corner, and draws on you you can just spray and pray you'll def hit em and they'll def drop if you get that trigger pulled first ;). I tried playing nice but too many kids tried either killing me straight away or trying to lead me into a trap so I got good w/ my gun quick in this game. also people say the m4 isn't accurate at distance...maybe not crazy long ranges BUT I have def dropped people over 100m away w my m4 and acog

Edited by ASMS_Leader

AKM when it reaches stable, SKS while you wait.

AKM, Mosin, SKS

Magnum and mybe shorty

Those are good weapons m4 too but is too inaccurate and very personal i like the B95 

Mosin w/ a long range scope, bipods(don't know if they do anything BUT HEY they look cool ok don't judge me)

I am fairly positive that the bipods, once deployed increase your accuracy if you are in the prone. If you are crouched or standing, it does nothing. If I am wrong then someone can kneecap me in-game. 

I am fairly positive that the bipods, once deployed increase your accuracy if you are in the prone. If you are crouched or standing, it does nothing. If I am wrong then someone can kneecap me in-game. 

I reckon they work when they are deployed, regardless of your stance. Could be wrong though!

I'm carrying a Mosin with long range scope in hands, SKS on back, and magnum as side arm in bag currently. I'm sure I'll die before I work through all 3 of them but hey - it leaves me options. The M4 reload/magazine options make it perhaps superior to the SKS.

I'm partial to the M4A1 with an ACOG and Magpul parts. It provides a good tradeoff between mid and close range engagements. I always keep mine on Semi-Auto though, on account of the fact that I NEVER seem to find 5.56 ammo. Find buckets of .22 ammo though.

As an aside, the Sporter is deadly when you use it right. You won't win a fight against an M4A1 with it, but you'll mess up a lot of people's day with it, provided you approach the target right.

Without a doubt the AKM is the best weapon with its low recoil, low bullet drop (bug?) and non-existent dispersion (bug?) M4 is the second best weapon. No other weapons compete. SKS is next with its low recoil but it needs an extended clip of some kind to really be competitive. Sporter with 30-round clip is good at close-range its low recoil and dispersion but no good at other ranges. Mosin is pretty useless close- to mid-range but if you are a camper sniper have fun. Everything else is garbage. Crossbow is horrible with its long recoil. It doesn't matter if it can kill silently when zombies can still hear it. Only useful if you have nothing else.

Without a doubt the AKM is the best weapon with its low recoil, low bullet drop (bug?) and non-existent dispersion (bug?) M4 is the second best weapon. No other weapons compete. SKS is next with its low recoil but it needs an extended clip of some kind to really be competitive. Sporter with 30-round clip is good at close-range its low recoil and dispersion but no good at other ranges. Mosin is pretty useless close- to mid-range but if you are a camper sniper have fun. Everything else is garbage. Crossbow is horrible with its long recoil. It doesn't matter if it can kill silently when zombies can still hear it. Only useful if you have nothing else.

You're vastly undervaluing the Mosin. You need to be accurate with it, but the gun has ridiculous stopping power and is absurdly accurate. It won't hold up against an M4A1 if they get the drop on you, but if you get the drop on them you can take out a group with the thing before they can react.

• Like 1

You're vastly undervaluing the Mosin. You need to be accurate with it, but the gun has ridiculous stopping power and is absurdly accurate. It won't hold up against an M4A1 if they get the drop on you, but if you get the drop on them you can take out a group with the thing before they can react.

I am simply taking into account the buggy nature of the engine. You can't trust the Mosin in close- to mid-range combat, in my opinion. # of bullets > RoF > accuracy in DayZ at the moment.