Beard3d_Warr1or

What Broke You?

Trying to play this game stealthily, using trees to camouflage myself. That went down the drain quickly as this little line in far distance as far as eye could see, just happened to have its raycast line pointing in my direction, and it took that little line 5 min to sprint like hussain bolt (yes thats how far it was away) to get to me, it was one of those super infected that have vision to put superman to shame. After many blood releasing blows to its head and once getting hit by this jumping athletic creature, which just happened to make me bleed and also ruin half of my gear, it reminded me why i havent played this game in a long time, so i put it away again

I haven't been broken yet, but if I ever came across the guy, in person, that was glitch-firing at NEAF and killed me a couple nights ago, I would shatter his hands with a sledgehammer.

Yes, I raged pretty hard. I don't know why, but that death really pissed me off.

my "morals" in this game are rather flexible.

eh....

i tore my ACL and the guy besides me said he heard  a loud "snap" and vomited :D

eh...skaten...best thing ever.

Isnt it?! I still have a metal plate in my arm from that one.. and still skateboard regularly. :)

I'm at 1,000+ hours and probably almost as many kills. I help people the odd time, but for the most part I kill on sight because of the cheerleading Redditors.

Surely I've slaughtered a few by now. I hope.

Thank God there are others like myself. 

You're a sick bastard.

I play 100% situation orientated. For example i was in krasnostav and there were 2 players on the school. One of the guys fell off of the building and died so I decided to climb the ladder, look around talk into my microphone and the fella is gone, I even typed also and i walk around the top floor, peek in the window towards the small closet like room and surely enough, the guy is sitting there aiming down his sights straight at the door. So I put 1 7.62x39 rd right in his skull and he drops dead. I killed him there because he refused to communicate and clearly was not there for negotiations only for blood so i felt it was necessary. Also if you sound like a complete douche you're going to get shot the second you turn your back. But if you're wounded in a building with a broken leg and I have a stick of morphine damn right im going to give it to you. I'll share bandages and even saline. But if I see you kill a bambi for any reason besides him trying to knock you out im going to call you out on it, or if you're in an airfield and you look to be up to no good. 

TL;DR: I won't kill you for no reasoning, will offer medical supplies and even ammunition, but if you refuse to communicate or try pull something funny expect to see the "You Are Dead" screen.

cya

I'm so intimidated.....you must be a real hard man lol.

*snip*

Also if you sound like a complete douche you're going to get shot the second you turn your back.

This makes you seem like more of a 'sick bastard', as you say, than I am.

So if you hear someone, even if they're a newspawn in need of medical attention and they sound like a douche, you'll just kill them. Yet you claim you're friendly.

So if you hear someone, even if they're a newspawn in need of medical attention and they sound like a douche, you'll just kill them. Yet you claim you're friendly.

I dunno, man. I always try to white knight it and I go by a similar rule. Surprisingly enough, you can tell a whole lot about a man just by his voice. Squeakers for example. You can't trust them. I kill them as soon as I hear their voice. If I had a dollar for every 12 year old I met with the name "Admin" or "Owner" I'd be rich. And sometimes, it's something about their voice. The tone they speak with. Even if they're putting on an accent. It's a gut feeling. Y'know?

I dunno, man. I always try to white knight it and I go by a similar rule. Surprisingly enough, you can tell a whole lot about a man just by his voice. Squeakers for example. You can't trust them. I kill them as soon as I hear their voice. If I had a dollar for every 12 year old I met with the name "Admin" or "Owner" I'd be rich. And sometimes, it's something about their voice. The tone they speak with. Even if they're putting on an accent. It's a gut feeling. Y'know?

Fair play, considering it'd be kind of hypocritical for me to back that theory down.

The other day I was in one of them green piano buildings in Svetlojarsk and a squeaker runs up to me yelling "I'm friendly, don't shoot I'm friendly!!!1!" and then tries making friends with me. I didn't trust him at all, mainly due to his voice in all honesty, and he then resorted to punching me around 3 minutes later. So I shot him. R.I.P

Well, this got pretty long. Your decision if you want to read it, otherwise, just keep scrolling ;)

I went through quite a development since I started playing the SA, and I now played it for 370 hours.

At first, I was not knowing what KoS was. I was confident in other players and not a bit cautious. Top of that, I played alone. The result of this is imaginable.

The second phase of my development process was the KoS-phase, like many others stated before. Dont wanna talk about it, everyone knows how it is. First, it feels satisfying to kick ass after being kicked in the ass for so many times during phase 1.

But now, in phase 3, I noticed that there is no point in KoS. Why? Because there is no real endgame content that I didnt already play. Surviving for as long as possible? Did it, 31 days. PvP? Did it sooooo often, with groups of like 7 to 12 people against other clans, adrenaline pumping for some weeks, but it gets boring after a while.

So, the only thing in this game that never gets old is the social interaction with other players. Every player-encounter is different, because its very unlikely you randomly meet the same person twice. And since I'm more into this style of gameplay, it is like a whole new game to me. 

I'm not only talking about exchanging food or medical supplies. A couple of days ago, my group of 5 or 6 met some other players, who were stuck in the upper bedroom at a military jail. Some random guy camped the hall pointing his M4 right at the door of the bedroom. My group and the harmed players teamed up and got rid of the guy in the hall. (After that, some glitchers came across using the wallglitch and glitchroom and by doing so managed to kill us...)

Yesterday, my group of 3 heard shots at Balota. We set out and found the guy shooting at Z's. We surrounded, handcuffed and robbed him, replacing the gear he had with our gear (which was slightly worse), gave him some food and refillable water bottles and excused for the fuss. After that, we let him free and ran away.

It's all about being superior. If you control the situation, you have the power to let it end peacefully and good for everyone, and it needs much more skill than just pointing at other players and klick a button, as said previously. It needs the skill of dealing with people the right way. And, for not-native english speakers like me, it is excellent language training. I spoke more english in DayZ than during a 5-days trip to London in 2010. To be in control, you will probably need a group of around 4 people, willing to not KoS. And thats how you get friendly encounters.

Thanks if you read the whole novel ;)

Result: I'm not broken, anymore ;)

Edited by Ultimoose
  • Like 3

Fair play, considering it'd be kind of hypocritical for me to back that theory down.

The other day I was in one of them green piano buildings in Svetlojarsk and a squeaker runs up to me yelling "I'm friendly, don't shoot I'm friendly!!!1!" and then tries making friends with me. I didn't trust him at all, mainly due to his voice in all honesty, and he then resorted to punching me around 3 minutes later. So I shot him. R.I.P

Yeah, squeakers are awful human beings. I've only met one who didn't try to kill me when he saw me. But not like teens are any better. I've ran into my fair share of angsty teens throwing plenty of "faggots" my way like I was a fireplace.

• Like 1

Ah the classic - "Everyone else does it so why shouldn't I?"

Play how you want, to hell with getting killed.

I have been killed many a time by random douchebags but i refuse to just shoot someone without any reason. 

However i love being given a reason.

• Like 6

By sounding like a douche, i mean leaving witty remarks, being cocky or just flat out rude. If I see someone who has a broken leg and are calling for attention I'll obviously help them, it seems like you meant the way they sound, i meant the way they actually speak or type to you and their word choice. 

I tend to not just go up to people and try to kill them, it is just rude, not all that much fun, and rather defeatist.

I WILL, however, be perfectly ok with defending myself if someone tries to kill me first, and I can get rather dickish if I want to be in that regard.

Example: I just switched over to the experimental side of things to test out the new stuff. I was on a hill overlooking Dolina. I had just built a fire, and was sitting down watching the sun set over the valley, when a random freshspawn came running up the road.

I had heard the stories about experimental being more friendly than stable, so I called him over and asked if he wanted some food. No answer. 

A little perterbed, I asked him where he spawned in. Still no answer.

Now I was more than a little concerned. not about him, I had a helmet on, but more about the fact that he might be calling buddies down on my location via teamspeak. I told him that I was leaving, and he better not follow me or I would send him back to the beach. He then tries to charge me, fist-pumping all the while. Whacks me on the head a few times, no sell. I pull out my shotgun and break both of his legs I then bandage him up, force-feed him until I assume he is fully hydrated and fed, waits until he wakes up, and tell him to get moving

He finally speaks, calls me a faggot and an asshole. I tell him there is plenty of loot left in the police station, maybe even a morphine injector (of course, there wasn't). He starts crawling to town. I walk behind him, he gets to the center stairs and realizes he can't climb them.

Me: "What's the matter? Can't get in?"
Him: "No"

Me: 'Well, ain't that too bad" (Starts to walk away)
Him: "Asshole, you broke my legs!"
Me: "I know, maybe you shouldn't have attacked me for no reason, then"
Him: "Fuck you!"
Me: "Be glad to"

I fire my shotgun and draw in all the zombies from the town (I had avoided them earlier, using them as "warning systems" to let me know when there were players in the town)

They come and beat him to death, with him screaming obscenities at me all the while. 

Karma is a bitch.

On the other hand, so long as you aren't trying to kill me or Mike-Tyson me, I try to either avoid people or help them if possible.

• Like 2

People who used to be "good" but now KoS were never broken. They just stopped pretending.

I never did that. I always killed almost anyone with gear I came accross, but the morals I have will never be "broken" - as those morals are the ones I don't impose on myself for no obvious reason, they come naturally, and that is never to decieve or kill someone who had the opportunity to kill me but chose to spare my life, or someone who gave me supplies when I needed them. I won't backstab anyone who was kind to me, no matter what treatment I get in the game... but again, at the same time, if I don't know you and see you first, you're probably going to die.

Edited by Infiltrator

"if he is not on your teamspeak channel! he cant be trusted. therefore has to be killed!"

THIS WILL CHANGE IN THE FUTURE!  sure of it

I was never "good" but I have no scruples anymore. Saw too much smug, holier-than-thou, self-satisfied anti-KoS talk on Reddit a few months ago, automatic backlash...

thats why i started operation scorched earth. for ever anti-KOS post i see 5 freshies must die. im far behind my quota sadly...

I cant count how many times I've killed in my 600 hours, go to bereazino, find people, make friends, act like a nerd and tell them on and on about the stories of being bullied, make friends with gunmen, gunmen eventually trust me with weapon, help them with said weapon, they give me a big weapon (fully kitted m4) we rock this city.

I have to record it some time.

but you ask what 'broke' me, id say the chance of having more fun, instead of shooting people, so I just give my gear away, and when I gain it back ill give it away or go to the bereazino apartments and purge people with gear in bere on 40/40 servers, because hey, who's in bere and has gear without expecting to lose it along the way?

Edited by over9000nukez

I had almost no faith coming into this that it would turn out as well as I hoped, I knew it would have the same 99% of encounters KoS problems as DayZ mod where [mostly] relatively new players would just be overcome with the enjoyment of killing people in DayZ as each kill means so much more than a kill in any other game, and shoot any and every other player they saw regardless of loot etc. My main hope rested on the loot damage system which just doesn't work at all as a deterrent to KoS and which still doesn't save the life of the victim [2 options, get shot and then robbed or get handcuffed, robbed then shot]. That said I'm still keenly watching the games development but suspect I'll end up favouring 2017 or somesuch

Actually, I was just robbed in Berezino yesterday, by two fully armed players, after ia had just spawned in as a newbie. I was on the first floor of that little corner pub, up in the "lower" part of town, with the tank-square. They come about the corner from the restaurant portion, telling me to get on the ground. I comply, saying "First time getting robbed, neat!" 

They laugh, tell me to take off my pants, pack, and shirt. They go through it, take me pants and shirt (presumably for rags, or because they were better than what one of them had), as well as my rags, 1st aid kit, and mosin rounds. They leave me the pack with my food, water, and machete. We tell each other to have a good game, and we go our separate ways.

Chivalry is NOT dead!

• Like 1

Nothing broke me. I play the way I want to play, when I want to play it. If I want to play as a joe friendly medic, I will. That character will gear up, get the supplies he needs, and go help people. And if another player kills him, well, that was just the end of HIS story. Ill start a new character and try again. But this time he might not be a medic. He might be a bandit. Or he might BE a medic after all. And when that new character dies, his story is ended and a new one begins again. That's just how I do it. NOBODY, either in forums, or in game, is allowed to dictate MY playstyle. If something didn't work before, that's just how it played out that time. Next time around, I might try to go about it in a smarter way, but it doesn't mean that I will just NOT DO IT anymore...

• Like 1

Getting behind two people that are fully armed and not being able to pull out my axe even though i am smashing the button repeatedly.

• Like 1

Getting behind two people that are fully armed and not being able to pull out my axe even though i am smashing the button repeatedly.

Yeah, that is the worst. Like when I am trying to go all axe-murderer on a couple zombies and before I can kill them both I see another player run around the corner. Just can't swap weapons fast enough...

Or, the always favorite - get into a gunfight and try to reload your magazine and for some God awful reason you drop your weapon and take the magazine into your hands.

After playing this game for around 1200 hours as "The Good Guy" hero, and finally having enough of getting attacked by the people I was trying to help, or lied to by those people so they could get their friends to kill us, I finally said to myself it was time I cared more about my personal safety and survival than some random players, and I made the switch to a true Bandit lifestyle but I will not KoS people and prefer to uphold true Bandit ideals such as Cuffing/Burlaping/Force Feeding/Beating people and if it suits the situation, killing them.

Everyone can go off on Bandits all day about how they are horrible people, but I'de rather be true to myself and not hide behind some "Hero" playstyle that most people who play as Heroes are just as bad if not worse than your typical CoD kiddo...