Sign in to follow this  
Valenari

New Patch great...BUT

New patch coming, great...doesn't address the serious issues though...like hackers

I havent played in almost 3 weeks now and have no intention of playing until I see a patch that addresses the hackers. I really rtired of playing for 1 ro 2 days, then have someone teleport to my location and cap my ass. I make a point of choosing low pop servers, usually no more then 3 players including me, and I also make a point of staying away from cities...and yet I get capped by a player. I know   I know....I don't mind getting capped...its the nature of the game...but getting capped from a player using teleoport hacks to get to me to steal my gear...That's something else.This is why I don't play anymore, Its freat the continue to add amenities to the game but theres no enjoyment in that fact if the hackers are still allowed to be hack. I am a programmer myself and I know what needs to be done....if Bohemia can fix this broken game, scrap it, learn from your lessons and move on.

Oh really? You know how to fix the issue? Since your a programmer you should know that as a programmer we all realize that nothing can be perfected and there will always be loopholes. Hacking will never be truly fixed because of how hard it is to constantly keep up with them and the production of the game. I'm sorry, but I do not honestly believe that you're a programmer. 

• Like 2

I am a programmer myself and I know what needs to be done

I am a guy that read an article on hacking from wikipedia and I know how to fix DayZ.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 9

I am a programmer myself and I know what needs to be done....if Bohemia can fix this broken game, scrap it

At least you won't have to worry about the zombies eating your brains.

Pegg.jpg

• Like 2

New patch coming, great...doesn't address the serious issues though...like hackers

I havent played in almost 3 weeks now and have no intention of playing until I see a patch that addresses the hackers. I really rtired of playing for 1 ro 2 days, then have someone teleport to my location and cap my ass. I make a point of choosing low pop servers, usually no more then 3 players including me, and I also make a point of staying away from cities...and yet I get capped by a player. I know   I know....I don't mind getting capped...its the nature of the game...but getting capped from a player using teleoport hacks to get to me to steal my gear...That's something else.This is why I don't play anymore, Its freat the continue to add amenities to the game but theres no enjoyment in that fact if the hackers are still allowed to be hack. I am a programmer myself and I know what needs to be done....if Bohemia can fix this broken game, scrap it, learn from your lessons and move on.

its a pc game, there is not much that can be done about hackers.

I'm not a real doctor but I play one at home.......

Programming your Tivo doesn't count. Also as you WOULD know you cant close every open door..so yeah I call BS.Programmer you are not....

And dur...everyone wants the game fixed...go take a break come back later...or uninstall it and go play outside....the graphics are pretty neat there...and No teleporting hackers.

• Like 3

I'm not a real doctor but I play one at home.......

Programming your Tivo doesn't count. Also as you WOULD know you cant close every open door..so yeah I call BS.Programmer you are not....

And dur...everyone wants the game fixed...go take a break come back later...or uninstall it and go play outside....the graphics are pretty neat there...and No teleporting hackers.

LMFAO thats just great omg just great

In 300+ hours I never experienced that, not even in populated servers.

Oh really? You know how to fix the issue? Since your a programmer you should know that as a programmer we all realize that nothing can be perfected and there will always be loopholes. Hacking will never be truly fixed because of how hard it is to constantly keep up with them and the production of the game. I'm sorry, but I do not honestly believe that you're a programmer. 

Or you know just reduce client side shit....that way hackers don't have much of a gateway

In 300+ hours I never experienced that, not even in populated servers.

It could be he's just VERY careless and is one of those derp survivors that never tries to stay concealed.

Welcome to the:

DEVCENTER.png

where everyone is a fellow developer...

I have seen only one true hacker.  I have seen plenty of glitched magazines stuffed in M4's in Berezino though...

In 165 hrs of gameplay I died 5 times. None of them due to a hacker.

Maybe I´m just lucky, but I haven´t encountered a single hacker.

Edited by Dennus

I still play the mod for now, I am happy to wait a good year to let SA evolve. but when I do pop on to check out SA's progress, I am lucky enough to see another player let alone a hacker! 36 hours played and I have saw a total of two players.

Welcome to the:

DEVCENTER.png

where everyone is a fellow developer...

I retextured a thing in Arma, I'm going to go and fix the core engine of the game. I'm a developer, after all.

If OP doesn't like hackers, maybe he shouldn't play the game in a first place? DayZ is private property so to speak. If you don't like it, don't use it. Maybe Bohemia doesn't see them as big issue as you. They have other problems to fix.

Or you know just reduce client side shit....that way hackers don't have much of a gateway

Most of the cheats right now are done by memory editing. Nothing more can really be done, unless they implement a script that tracks and logs a player locations constantly and if they jump a certain distant then they can get banned. :) I had that on my old server in the mod. :3

people confuse hackers with glitchers i think...

Oh really? You think the amount of hacking in this game is normal or reasonable? Thats a fucking joke.

Last night I watched my brother be disarmed by a hacker just before he his group of teleprting scumbag friends killed us. We killed 2 or three in the melee but the teleprted right back as spawns until we were overwhelmed. The hacking is fucking off the charts in this game.

The product of lazy programming.

I havent played in almost 3 weeks now and have no intention of playing until I see a patch that addresses the hackers. I really rtired of playing for 1 ro 2 days, then have someone teleport to my location and cap my ass. I make a point of choosing low pop servers, usually no more then 3 players including me, and I also make a point of staying away from cities...and yet I get capped by a player. I know I know....I don't mind getting capped...its the nature of the game...but getting capped from a player using teleoport hacks to get to me to steal my gear...That's something else.This is why I don't play anymore, Its freat the continue to add amenities to the game but theres no enjoyment in that fact if the hackers are still allowed to be hack. I am a programmer myself and I know what needs to be done....if Bohemia can fix this broken game, scrap it, learn from your lessons and move on.

Just because you read something on coding DOES NOT mean you are at all fit to program one of thousand of game engines.

When you actually learn how to programs, go to https://www.bistudio.com/english/company/careers?Name=Value to see if you can get a job.

Good luck ;)

Edited by Loopest

Has there been any official statement on known hacking capabilities and what to watch out for? One of the things I struggle with is there's a lot of reports of near super powers type abilities and it's unclear how many or which of those are completely true or not. By volume I'm guessing there's more truth than myth, but it would be nice to know what "known" hacker capabilities are so the average player at least knows what they're up against.

The product of lazy programming.

Id say the programmers on booth ends are rather bussy.

"I haven't seen a hacker, therefore, hackers do not exist." said every DayZ fanboy.

Turning your head blindly to the fact that the game is overrun with hackers does not make the issue go away. Judging by all the "Haven't seen it, it's not there" comments I see regularly, I must be EXTREMELY unlucky, or people are quick to write of teleporters as desync/lag. There is a big difference. The fact is, OP is correct, there needs to be something done about hacking. Everyone is so quick to try to disprove him because he talks bad about the precious DayZ alpha. Why should we be looking forward to new stuff when it's just going to inevitably be stolen from a teleporter with infinite ammo?

I love DayZ. I have loved it since the mod. The game design is amazing, something new, enjoyable and rewarding. I enjoy playing DayZ. The bugs aren't even an issue, it's alpha, we all agreed to it, but hackers are something other. There are a lot of things that can be done to counteract hackers. A LOT. Nope, I'm not a programmer, it may be hard, but it should be a priority. 

No, hacking will never truly be fixed, that is true, but there is no excuse for hacking to be as common as it is. Whether it be better detection/ban system, or better prevention system, something has to be done.

Has there been any official statement on known hacking capabilities and what to watch out for? One of the things I struggle with is there's a lot of reports of near super powers type abilities and it's unclear how many or which of those are completely true or not. By volume I'm guessing there's more truth than myth, but it would be nice to know what "known" hacker capabilities are so the average player at least knows what they're up against.

Not sure about that one, but I have experienced multiple teleporters, ESP (obvious when they try to shoot everybody through every wall), name hiding in server (Was with a friend and only one other person in a server while 2 people attacked us), speed hacks (although this could just be teleporting used to speed running), infinite/extremely large ammo stacks (may be a glitch), and players spawning items in the game (never legit seen this one with my own eyes, but watched videos of people witnessing it).

Edited by LigerRider