Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Experimental patch..what a winner!

I really appreciate the work the devs are doing but this update holds nothing of interest for me.

Sad Alpha is Alpha...

This update [when on stable] should finally give non PvP player something to play on. You will be able to live in the woods and wont have to enter building all that often or even meet players. The hunting + fishing + gathering addition is simply awesome.

You will be able to live in the woods and wont have to enter building all that often or even meet players. The hunting + fishing + gathering addition is simply awesome.

What is so awesome about the hunting and fishing and stuff that it would keep players occupied for more than a few minutes? I shoot a deer or pick an apple from a tree. I eat. Now what? Those aspects of the game will become interesting once more environmental challenges are added (e.g. dangerous zombies, disease, sickness, bears, etc). Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by scriptfactory

What is so awesome about the hunting and fishing and stuff that it would keep players occupied for more than a few minutes? I shoot a deer or pick an apple from a tree. I eat. Now what? Those aspects of the game will become interesting once more environmental challenges are added (e.g. dangerous zombies, disease, sickness, bears, etc). Just my opinion, of course.

The whole point is to test these.  See how they work then give feedback for improvements.  You know, what an Alpha is for  :rolleyes: .  It's not to rage and go, "ZOMG!!!!  You suck devs!!!  Why I buy incomplete game!!!!  You stolez mah moniez!!!"

So, if I could find a fucking AKM magazine I'd be golden. I've found everything else they've added and even hunted some animals, but an AKM magazine? You'd be more likely to stop rubber-banding than find one. =(

The whole point is to test these.  See how they work then give feedback for improvements.  You know, what an Alpha is for  :rolleyes: .  It's not to rage and go, "ZOMG!!!!  You suck devs!!!  Why I buy incomplete game!!!!  You stolez mah moniez!!!"

Hm? I was responding to the post that said now players will have something to do in the forest. I am not sure what you are referring to.

Sorry but if you dont find this entairtaining I fear you are playing the wrong game. Not much more will be added beyond this that will drastically change the game.

Sorry but if you dont find this entairtaining I fear you are playing the wrong game. Not much more will be added beyond this that will drastically change the game.

Uhhhhhhhh...

• Persistent items
  • Party/faction identification
  • Base building (at least minimal barricading and maybe locks)

Those three things are game changers. They will drastically change the game we are all playing right now.

Uhhhhhhhh...

• Persistent items

Those three things are game changers. They will drastically change the game we are all playing right now.

Yes they will but at the same time if someone finds the game in its current state boring (as of Exp patch yesterday) then I frankly dont think they get what the game is and will also be bored with the above. IMO.

Don't forget about disease, sickness, zombies, pets, farming and modding. What we see now is only a small bit of what SA will, hopefully, become.

I really appreciate the work the devs are doing but this update holds nothing of interest for me. Item persistence, vehicles, barricading and party/faction identification will be awesome, though. SA will finally feel like a real game with goals and stuff.

Well the update does add a fair bit of goals to go for, I mean just think if you wanted to roleplay as a hunter or a food salesman you'd have to:

Get an axe

Cut down trees

Make a fireplace

Get a pickaxe to mine stones and upgrade fireplace

Find ash wood sticks to make a bow and fishing rod

Find worms and fishing hooks

Find a knife( I'm guessing you need a knife to skin animals.. I only killed a cow and we couldn't get anything off it)

Go fishing and hunting for animals

Find matches to start fire

Cook meat

I mean unless you meta game and look up the most efficient way of doing everything you could spend at least a whole day exploring and trying to achieve all that. Sure it's not building bases, restoring factories, sabotaging bandit bases/factories, restoring helicopters, and spreading love and joy to the wastelands... But it is a step in the right direction, definitely better than:

Spawn

Run to airfield

Get gun

Get food

Get meds

Be bandit/hero/medic.

@LeChat: for me at least I sometimes get very laggy when joining the experimental servers and all the textures/models take a few seconds to load, meanwhile I can walk through some walls. You may try that to escape.

"Priorities for tasks are built around what is needed based on dependencies, not what is most needed to satisfy the game design"

so when we get an update that really adds gameplay elements, it is absolutely understandable that people are stoked. i love the new update.

Uhhhhhhhh...

• Persistent items

some may argue that you forgot vehicles in your list of huge gamechangers :P i agree that the things you list will have a large impact. but this fact does not detract from the joy of having new things to play and test, no matter how small. the past has shown that the community is quite creative getting fun out of the smallest things.

my first thoughts:

- crash sites introduce randomly placed high-value loot, but also new interaction options: i am sure we will see ambushes there. both aspects are awesomesauce

- animals, fish, fruit, worms and fireplaces make the nomadic hunter-gatherer life completely viable, not depending anymore to find canned food in urbanized areas, i am really excited about it

- we have new weapons and new clothes, diversifying the overall game experience, this may seem like a small addition but it really adds gameplay value imho

• Like 3

So, if I could find a fucking AKM magazine I'd be golden. I've found everything else they've added and even hunted some animals, but an AKM magazine? You'd be more likely to stop rubber-banding than find one. =(

because you are thinking about it. The game employs vashiikaran mind reader technology to see what you want and hide it, empty your mind and think about the stay puft marshmallow man, when I did that I found a 75 round drum mag (it takes 4 slots, predictably).

Edited by bodybagger2430
  • Like 2

because you are thinking about it. The game employs vashiikaran mind reader technology to see what you want and hide it, empty your mind and think about the stay puft marshmallow man, when I did that I found a 75 round drum mag (it takes 4 slots, predictably).

as a vashiikaran love guru, i can confirm that.

• Like 1

I've been able to enter both the times I've wanted too, but the rubberbanding can get annoying enough.

I'll wait for a fix on the issue, unplayable or to be honest I'm unable to have fun with the current rubberbanding.

Where is that exactly ?

Also for rubber banding issues try THIS

Thanks a lot it certainly helped! Managed to explore one of the new towns not sure which, I like the progress so far, really cool patch.

Yep definitely works, we have been doing it all night to move in and out of buildings.

some may argue that you forgot vehicles in your list of huge gamechangers :P i agree that the things you list will have a large impact. but this fact does not detract from the joy of having new things to play and test, no matter how small. the past has shown that the community is quite creative getting fun out of the smallest things.

I was just speaking for me, personally, this update holds no content that would make me want to play the game again. In combination with other features these things are definitely interesting. For me, personally, hunting will just be something I do when I need to get a quick bite before heading back to the PvP action. I am an old man (33) and I don't like roleplaying except in the bedroom. ^^

• Like 1

So the mother f 'n zombies still walk through walls..... Worse rubberbanding...... And not even a damn bike. But you guys are excited? This has to be the worse use of 45 million dollars in history.

I was just speaking for me, personally, this update holds no content that would make me want to play the game again. In combination with other features these things are definitely interesting. For me, personally, hunting will just be something I do when I need to get a quick bite before heading back to the PvP action. I am an old man (33) and I don't like roleplaying except in the bedroom. ^^

as an old man (40) i tell you, roleplay in gaming and in the bedroom has nothing to do with age :P

i hope food in the cities will become much rarer further down the road, so everybody will be forced to live off the wilderness (or off the food he rips out of the cold dead hands of their vanquished enemies)

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhh...

• Persistent items

Hell, yeah.

From DM to CTF.  Big fucking whoop.

Just found one of these babies:

2014-05-22_00007.jpg

Then I had "Session lost" and now the servers seem to have trouble finding my character.

Just found one of these babies:

2014-05-22_00007.jpg

Then I had "Session lost" and now the servers seem to have trouble finding my character.

The management can take the flares and stick them you know where. A freaking bike or a zed that does not ghost through walls would be an update.

• Like 1

The management can take the flares and stick them you know where. A freaking bike or a zed that does not ghost through walls would be an update.

tumblr_inline_mijhb7kCUC1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 8

The experimental patch is more like a wiener than a winner. Its hard to test things with the absurd rubberbanding going on. Hopefully they will be able to get it under control.