Raoul9753

When the game is "finished" (out of Alpha|Beta)

are there any plans to make the world bigger?

I mean right now the world is ok for testing and stuff, but once vehicles come in, The world will feel pretty small (after all the world is about 10km², thats not much once you have a car).

One thing I really hope for is less Servers therefore bigger Servers with bigger world and more max. players.

Cause the game has really a big potential (ITs not even finished and already kicks alot of former "survival" games asses) but the limit to only a small area could make it dull after some time.

A bigger world would give so much more options, places for Survivor camps, Maybe a real big City with Skyscrapers... the possibilities are basicly endless.

Edited by Raoul9753

It does feel small doesn't it? I would love to see some more expansion on the map in general. You think ppl are complaining about the map now? Wait till ppl are able to go around on vehicles and planes. Ppl will really be complaining about how small the map size is than.

Thats honestly why i say they should leave all vehicles out until they have a definitively bigger map size to accommodate vehicle speed.

It does feel small doesn't it? I would love to see some more expansion on the map in general. You think ppl are complaining about the map now? Wait till ppl are able to go around on vehicles and planes. Ppl will really be complaining about how small the map size is than.

Thats honestly why i say they should leave all vehicles out until they have a definitively bigger map size to accommodate vehicle speed.

I dont think you get the purpose of an Alpha...

In the Alpha you test stuff, so 'leaving vehicles out' is out of question.

I dont think you get the purpose of an Alpha...

In the Alpha you test stuff, so 'leaving vehicles out' is out of question.

I think i do understand the point of alpha. But you dont think once those come in and they dont have a substantial amount of landmass things will get boring for ppl fast?

I mean unless they plan on putting maybe 3 or 4 vehicles on the entire server once things are tested.

No, there's no ETA, and yes, I agree that the map should be bigger, but this Chernarus is what we're getting.

o.o

Small?

The map is one of the biggest maps you will ever see in a multiplayer game.

SMH

- Give them a big map, they want a bigger one!

The map is fine. They need to add more POI's e.g. Military bases in all corners of the map. That will make the map bigger.... When you have all the best loot in 1 or 2 places and everyones gunning for it, then the map feels small. 

The map is fine. They need to add more POI's e.g. Military bases in all corners of the map. That will make the map bigger.... When you have all the best loot in 1 or 2 places and everyones gunning for it, then the map feels small. 

The map feels small cause it is. Within one day you have seen everything.

And when we get vehicles, the 10 km² map will feel like your normal Counter Strike or TF2 map. You will be able to get from one end of the map to another in like 10-15 minutes with vehicles...

And where do you want to place more PoI's? Cut down more woods? So there is no place left for player build camps once its implemented?

Edited by Raoul9753

It's not 10 square kilometers...

You are right about the travel time, however.

But the world is still the same size, and I don't think that vehicles (especially fast ones) will be very common.

Uhhh the size of the map is smaller in the mod and vehicles work just fine in that...

The map is growing, to say the least. They're constantly adding new towns/cities (for instance the new city which will be up north, the name escapes me) and it's only going to get bigger and better.

Not to forget that it's evident new maps will come out eventually to keep the game seeming fresh.

o.o

Small?

The map is one of the biggest maps you will ever see in a multiplayer game.

SMH

- Give them a big map, they want a bigger one!

Just Cause 2's map is bigger than Altis and Chernarus combined :D Plus over 1000 people playing on a server

• Like 1

Just Cause 2's map is bigger than Altis and Chernarus combined :D Plus over 1000 people playing on a server

Yes, but that game is developed by 2 major company's, dayz isn't.

Hello there

Chernarus is pretty damn large even with vehicles. Its not that quick to traverse.

Regardless, what will happen when the game is complete will be the ability to either create or port new landmasses.

One would assume that old A2 maps would be "importable" which would add a vast amount of variety, however, I dont think Altis and the like would be permissible.

Anyhoo, there's alot of room.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

And when we get vehicles, the 10 km² map will feel like your normal Counter Strike or TF2 map. You will be able to get from one end of the map to another in like 10-15 minutes with vehicles...

This dude still thinks were going to get vehicles..... lawl. 

its over 200km2, not 10km2

(after all the world is about 10km², thats not much once you have a car).

The gridcoordinates ranged from 0 - 152 in both directions, meaning you have 15,2 km in each direction. If you now square this you end up with 231 km², not 10.

Now, in DayZ that's even more than in ARMA 2, effectively. Because the north is populated now and there's more than just forest and debugplains. There's plenty of space to explore and there is absolutely no need to have a bigger map.

Maybe eventually a few more islands, but those are planned to be introduced anyway.

This dude still thinks were going to get vehicles..... lawl. 

what a bad trolling attempt..shame on you sire...here have a ruined yellow raincoat and get out !!!!

Altis is my favourite map in the series of Arma, hope they can use that one day.

Map is fine, it one of the biggest iv ever seen in a game. OK maybe Just Cause 2 beats it in size but no way does that look as realistic. They were all about the gorgeous destruction physics so it reduced the object count compared to a map like chernarus. Id bet that in a 1/4 swath of chernarus you already have more trees than in the entire JC2 map.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed playing through Just Cause, and there map is nice.....but its just not in the same league as even the standard A2 Chernarus :P

The map feels small cause it is. Within one day you have seen everything.

That must have been a looooong day lol, iv got over a thousand mod hours and im still finding new stuff, deer stand id never spotted, new little pond (found one just last night), or a new place with small thick trees to hide your camp. Jus because you visit each town once does not mean you have seen everything ;)