Sign in to follow this  
stryker007

In-game murphy's law algorithm need tweaking urgently!

Never in 30 years gaming have I ever felt so "picked on" by a game in my life!! I mean it goes against all statistical odds the amount of bad/dumb luck I have in Dayz SA.  Looting is a non starter for me, please God don't make it rarer because I never find anything!  I need a weapon I find twigs... I need food and have nothing to open cans then I either find no food or just cans! I need drink I find cans, I need food I find drink... also on those occasions when I fill the last slot I have with some random junk its guaranteed the next thing I click on to pick up will be disinfectant and the game decides I meant to drink it! why? because my pockets are full...

The piece de resistance for me was last night... after a bad luck run the previous night I was left with a broken arm and the "my arm hurts" messages were driving me nuts!  I was a new spawn and figured I'd be better off dying so as I was right next to berezino I'd go run through town and give the snipers some practice... the server had plenty of people on it.... well guess what? I got bored doing laps round the flats and running down the high street so I started looting and before I knew it I'd worked my way right through town, found a little stuff (mostly twigs and cans) and I'd not so much as heard one shot!

Now this is in contrast to the times when I'm geared up.... I could be squatting in a bush 250 metres outside berezino... fart and have a dozen snipers from all over light me up!!!?!

Also, I think zombies are scared of guns... they must be! They are all over me like shank on shit when I'm a new spawn, then once I have a gun they are nowhere to be seen.

• Like 6

hahaha really?

In that case you'd be interested in hearing I'm that guy who finds nothing under tailors and loots a fresh un-touched police station only to come out with a ripped hoody and a barrow load of pipsi

If I ever find myself without a rag, every town within bleed-out distance will house every single clothing item that is unable to be torn into rags.

• Like 2

These things have been included in DayZ Mod for a long time, to make you feel even worse than you'd normally do.

_fooditems = {"FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanBadguy","FoodCanBoneboy","FoodCanCornFoodCanCurgon","FoodCanDemon","FoodCanFraggleos","FoodCanHerpy","FoodCanDerpy","FoodCanUnlabeled","FoodPistachio","FoodNutmix","FoodCandyLegacys"};_hasFood = false;{  if (_x in magazines player) then {    _hasFood = true;  };} forEach _fooditems; _config = ConfigFile >> "cfgLoot";if player _hasFood then {   _item= _config >> food;   _item addMagazineCargoGlobal (round(random 100) + 10);   diag_log(format["%1 have some more food, you don't need it.", name player]);  } else {   _item= _config >> trash;   _item addMagazineCargoGlobal (round(random 100) + 10);   diag_log(format["%1 is hungry, do not spawn loot.", name player])};

The same goes for snipers spawning next to you:

if (((count magazines player) > 10) && (player speed < 5)) then {   "ÜberH4xx0rSniper" createVehicle (position player);   diag_log ("Populationcontrol spawned.");};

This is obviously a joke.

Credits to amberhelios for making the joke in the first place.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 14

LOL OMG KICHILRON!! For one second there you had me... I felt sane because the game having a finger on the scales against the odds all makes sense :-)

• Like 1

Game knows what I want and gives me the exact opposite- I play with friends and get killed in Berezino. Game spawns me 10 times in a row in Solinchiny, I tell my friends to come to Solinchiny and they do. Then I get killed and only get Berezino spawns.Another case, my shirt gets ruined, need a new shirt.. Berezino and the surroundings will have absolutely no shirts anywhere, ANYWHERE. 

• Like 2

These things have been included in DayZ Mod for a long time, to make you feel even worse than you'd normally do.

_fooditems = {"FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanBadguy","FoodCanBoneboy","FoodCanCornFoodCanCurgon","FoodCanDemon","FoodCanFraggleos","FoodCanHerpy","FoodCanDerpy","FoodCanUnlabeled","FoodPistachio","FoodNutmix","FoodCandyLegacys"};_hasFood = false;{  if (_x in magazines player) then {    _hasFood = true;  };} forEach _fooditems; _config = ConfigFile >> "cfgLoot";if player _hasFood then {   _item= _config >> food;   _item addMagazineCargoGlobal (round(random 100) + 10);   diag_log(format["%1 have some more food, you don't need it.", name player]);  } else {   _item= _config >> trash;   _item addMagazineCargoGlobal (round(random 100) + 10);   diag_log(format["%1 is hungry, do not spawn loot.", name player])};

The same goes for snipers spawning next to you:

if (((count magazines player) > 10) && (player speed < 5)) then {   "ÜberH4xx0rSniper" createVehicle (position player);   diag_log ("Populationcontrol spawned.");};

This is obviously a joke.

Credits to amberhelios for making the joke in the first place.

Yep poor old burt told all his friends about that one he believed it for months..

Sorry been AWOL for a bit 

• Like 1

Yeah that dark rain cloud can sometimes feel like its following right above your head for some time.

• Like 1

I don't have any problems finding basic gear. I can always find enough food and a half decent melee weapon, and I usually find a gun pretty early on too. It's after that, when I start looking for specific items, that I run into problems.

I've been looking everywhere for an AKM and have so far found a ton of attachments and a 30rnd mag, but no gun. I'm constantly looking for rope. Sticks seem to be one of the rarest items in-game. Don't even get me started on pistol magazines. At one point I had either the pistol or the magazine for every pistol in the game, but never a matching pair. I've since completely given up on pistols and use a sawn-off instead... or at least I would if all of the hacksaws didn't spawn only when I didn't have a shotgun.

Still, I wouldn't trade the early game for anything. Being on the verge of starving to death and then bringing it back is the best feeling. Being able to see in colour and then going "oh yeah, I was seeing the world like a film noir 30 minutes ago" feels great.

• Like 1

It's simply the Laws of DayZ, most definitely in the same family as Murphy's.

1.  Whatever you need, you will not find.

2.  Whenever you find it, you will die.

Sticks seem to be one of the rarest items in-game. 

You know you can rummage the forest floor for sticks, or chop down bushes with an axe right?  Sticks are terribly easy to gather these days.

Edited by doctajones
  • Like 2

..//..

I'm constantly looking for rope..

..//..

I spent a week looking for a knife so I could go hunt.

Finally found an M4 bayonet

For a week, folk saying - "you find them everywhere" (I know that) "you find them in kitchens, sheds" (I know that), you find them lying around in the street

ya ya I know... I've searched every house in Stary, several times.. I searched every village across the map frpm SE to NW. No knives

no problem.. it's what happens

Also found 1 fishook and 1 coil of badly damaged rope, in that same week

anything else, everything else .. I found dozens

kichilron speaks true

Edited by pilgrim

Last time i spawned naked, i couldnt find any pants.

Backpack, can opener, machete, plenty of food. All within 20 minutes gaming.

Still no pants.