r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

I think they already do that. But I could be wrong.

They should.

Is there anyway to have zombies go after people hanging on top of roofs of buildings like the hospital?  In many respects it's an oasis.  In my mind someone foolish enough to sit up there should be stuck in a death trap if he/she bring aggro on themselves.  

Pretty much already like that. If you've ever shot a gun ontop of a building where the only way down is a ladder (firestation) you'll have your way blocked by zombies at the bottom of the ladder. You can't usually shoot them from up there, so will you have to risk being beat to death when climbing down.

Any news on a hotfix for the lootspawn and the bloodbags? That are the main problems right now, and player are moaning.

Can you elaborate on that? Loot is spawning fine on the server we're running and bloodbags were working as of last night.

Edited by kichilron

Any news on a hotfix for the lootspawn and the bloodbags? That are the main problems right now, and player are moaning.

We wont be doing any sort of client hotfix we just wont have the time to get it all rigged up then sent for appoval and push everything before the next release in 20 days. However i will be doing a server side mission patch for server admins to correct the invisible loot issue removal of flies and disable of the blood drops.

Blood bags we are still looking into

• Like 2

Can you elaborate on that? Loot is spawning fine on the server we're running and bloodbags were working as of last night.

The loot takes to long to spawn. Most of the time you need to run a second or thrid cylce befor loot actually spawns. Also i recognized that loot despawns as well, sometimes even in front of my eyes.

I dont think that is de991 specific. But you are welcome to join and test it.

We wont be doing any sort of client hotfix we just wont have the time to get it all rigged up then sent for appoval and push everything before the next release in 20 days. However i will be doing a server side mission patch for server admins to correct the invisible loot issue removal of flies and disable of the blood drops.

Blood bags we are still looking into

That sounds great. Is the despawning loot and mixed up loot timer known as well?

Edited by spielfuehrer

the loot issue your talking about is due to the PVS we are using to get an offset timer from the server. If the server FPS is low they fail so the plan is to remove two issues we know are causing low fps then rejudge the issues sent in.

That's what i'm thinking atm anyway based on reports we are getting.

Ok all admins must updated the arma 2 OA to version ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124802 - (1.63 build, Steam only) this is a steam only update.

Please note to update Arma 2 OA to the latest beta 

1. right click on arma2 operation Arrowhead

2. goto properties

3. goto tab BETAS

4. In the drop down box select Beta- 

This is very important for all admins and players as the last beta version had massive issues with weaponholders and deletevehicle not working correct.

• Like 1

hi
I have problem with recent patch (update) 1.8.1. whenever Im on any server (normal dayz mod) and im in lobby when clicking OK button I get error message (z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf not found)
I tried all sort of things like,  reinstalling patch and game on dayz commander,  tried it manually by downloading it from website and replacing existing files but im keep getting this error ....mission\description.sqf not found.
Anyone knows how too solve this problem? :/

hi

I have problem with recent patch (update) 1.8.1. whenever Im on any server (normal dayz mod) and im in lobby when clicking OK button I get error message (z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf not found)

I tried all sort of things like,  reinstalling patch and game on dayz commander,  tried it manually by downloading it from website and replacing existing files but im keep getting this error ....mission\description.sqf not found.

Anyone knows how too solve this problem? :/

We have moved it back from the code to the missionfile. You're either trying to join a server that's still 1.8.0.3 or the Server-Admin didn't update their missionfile.

I can see other people playing different servers but even if I change it back to previous version I still get error and I cannot play any server.

I also filtered servers on dayz commander and there is no server available with this patch, why is that? is it because it has been added so recent or some other issues?

Edited by rafael19931

I want to play this update so badly, but i don't understand the new food & drink system at all. 3 minutes after eating canned food my hunger value comes back to the same level, so the game for me now is unplayable, because i keep dying of hunger & thirst. Could someone please tell me how it works now?

k all admins must updated the arma 2 OA to version ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124802 - (1.63 build, Steam only) this is a steam only update.

Please note to update Arma 2 OA to the latest beta 

1. right click on arma2 operation Arrowhead

2. goto properties

3. goto tab BETAS

4. In the drop down box select Beta- 

This is very important for all admins and players as the last beta version had massive issues with weaponholders and deletevehicle not working correct.

I can't see this patch on the usual website are you saying the only way to get it is steam? That's a bit of a pain in the ass for me 

Edited by seaweed

So im being told they are saying steam and steamCMD < when i have it working ill let you know :-(

So im being told they are saying steam and steamCMD < when i have it working ill let you know :-(

bleh, will try and get ZS updated tonight regardless, our server name will state current beta patch as usual. 

Performance serverside for me has been pretty comparable with 1.8.0.3 now we have both blood and flies disabled. 

I can't see this patch on the usual website are you saying the only way to get it is steam? That's a bit of a pain in the ass for me 

Bohemia Interactive isn't planning on distributing the newest version via the old method anymore, as it's obsolete anyway, considering OA has to use the steam serverbrowser anyway.

It makes sense somehow and also be aware that old retail versions of ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA can be activated within Steam, if you still have the non-Steam-Version CD-Keys.

Yea once updated to the newest beta you should be able to re-enable them as they have fixed two of the massive issues weaponholders not being deleted and deletevehicle not working.

Hence the amount of issues we have been seeing

Bohemia Interactive isn't planning on distributing the newest version via the old method anymore, as it's obsolete anyway, considering OA has to use the steam serverbrowser anyway.

It makes sense somehow and also be aware that old retail versions of ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA can be activated within Steam, if you still have the non-Steam-Version CD-Keys.

Yeah makes sense, I'm just stuck in my old ways :P 

All should be sorted now, we'll be on 124802 from our next restart (in 45 mins time) as long as there's no issues on startup. 

I'm not going to set requiredBuild to 124802 just yet though, but I will ask beta patch versions from people reporting bugs and advise everyone to update. Hopefully the blood issues were related to the beta patch, I'll try enabling the blood trails again later if all goes well tonight. Flies weren't a massive issue compared to blood but it was noticeable once disabled. 

So it looks like the steam installer replaces the Arma executable in the root oa directory, whereas when many people launch the game using dayzcommander I think by default it uses the executable in the expansions\beta directory (which isn't updated by steam by the looks of mine). 

I can see this being a big headache for admins in future with people who launch from dayzcommander because I suspect it will still launch the game on their old beta. Unless you have ticked these options before installing the patch from steam http://puu.sh/9c2AJ/2cbec5d2d6.png

Plus if you are selecting beta patches in steam steam is always going to update whenever there's a new one, and historically they are often far from stable :( I guess people reporting any bugs here should make sure they check the patch version reported in the corner at the main menu in game. 

Edited by seaweed

Yep i've seen it. Still unable to get a server to run using the newest beta im having to do a full re-install using steamCMD.

If your using SteamCMD you will have a little more control over the installs but with steam you may have to tell if not to update

Yep i've seen it. Still unable to get a server to run using the newest beta im having to do a full re-install using steamCMD.

If your using SteamCMD you will have a little more control over the installs but with steam you may have to tell if not to update

Not played with steamcmd yet, I used the gui to update to latest files and copied them manually to my server directory which was separate from my steam directory. 

Just realised my server was launching from the expansions folder too however, so its still on 11255 till next restart :(

Edited by seaweed

thats the same i experienced seaweed. i dont get why the beta arma2oaserver.exe and the other files in expansion didnt get updated?

thats the same i experienced seaweed. i dont get why the beta arma2oaserver.exe and the other files in expansion didnt get updated?

Yeah seems very shortsighted on bohemias side tbh, this is going to turn out to be a big headache later on, if I was to make requiredBuild 124802 I bet most people wouldn't even be able to figure out how to get in. 

Copy the server exe and client exe to your expansions\beta directory and the dll folder and I think it should be ok. But if razor says he can't get a server running on 124802 I hope I'm not in for a dead server when mine gets swapped out next restart.

Edited by seaweed

Hold on a sec. Let me get this straight.

So all us users playing on a non-steam retail version have to completely uninstall everything, install steam, reinstall Arma 2:CO, reinstall dayz and reconfig everything in order to obtain the latest patch?

Seriously BIS? Seriously? Meh. I'll stick to the older patch as long servers support it.

Edited by h3l1x

Hold on a sec. Let me get this straight.

So all us users playing on a non-steam retail version have to completely uninstall everything, install steam, reinstall Arma 2:CO, reinstall dayz and reconfig everything in order to obtain the latest patch?

Not really, you should be able to copy everything over into the Steam-Folders and it checks its integrity and should theoretically accept it.

It might cause some issues in the beggining, but the Steam-variant is the best way of distributing the Beta Patch at this point.