Sign in to follow this  
FrostDMG

Who's idea was it to make spawns in Berezino?

I know this has been added a long time ago, but it completely ruined the one city in the game that wasn't infested by retardation.

The whole challenge in DayZ is about starting at the coast and making your way in-land, gathering better equipment as you progress, ultimately going for the high risk areas of NWAF and the safer, NEAF. 

I hope this will be changed back in the future, I'm hoping everyone will spawn between Kamenka and Kamyshovo - I think the Solnichniy spawn is bit too far north tbh,

Keep the noobs away from north and loot basically.

EDIT:

Forgot to add - my main reasoning for this is simple - north spawns make the map feel even smaller.

Edited by FrostDMG
  • Like 4

I know this has been added a long time ago, but it completely ruined the one city in the game that wasn't infested by retardation.

The whole challenge in DayZ is about starting at the coast and making your way in-land, gathering better equipment as you progress, ultimately going for the high risk areas of NWAF and the safer, NEAF. 

I hope this will be changed back in the future, I'm hoping everyone will spawn between Kamenka and Kamyshovo - I think the Solnichniy spawn is bit too far north tbh,

EDIT:

Forgot to add - my main reasoning for this is simple - north spawns make the map feel even smaller.

this started the moment selectable spawn city was added to the mod.

Doesn't work like that. Balota and Kamenka now have military bases. Upon release it was a far worse deathmatch, because Balota offered everything you'd need, even more than Berezino does now.

If you never leave Berezino, yes. I personally haven't been there in months. Act counterintuitive and you're fine. You really only go to Berezino if you're searching for Deatchmatch.

The spawns will change anyway, it's just not really high on the list, as it's more balancing than anything.

• Like 4

The spawns will change anyway, it's just not really high on the list, as it's more balancing than anything.

Forgive me my cynic comment, but is there ANYTHING with high priority on "the list"? I mean  how long has it been we've seen an update? Or even a hotfix?

• Like 2

Forgive me my cynic comment, but is there ANYTHING with high priority on "the list"? I mean  how long has it been we've seen an update? Or even a hotfix?

Combining three studios into one devteam working on DayZ and getting the Zombies finally replaced. One could say that those are high on the list, especially considering how vocal the community has been about that.

I personally would put that high on my list, and it is right up there on their list, because the community asked for it. Spawns aren't.

• Like 1

Combining three studios into one devteam working on DayZ and getting the Zombies finally replaced. One could say that those are high on the list, especially considering how vocal the community has been about that.

I personally would put that high on my list, and it is right up there on their list, because the community asked for it. Spawns aren't.

couldnt agree more.

Core things integral to others down the road need to be prioritized this early on.

eg;

Engine related issues and optimizations

Server performance issues

A viable fix for zombie pathing once n for all

.. you get the jist

this are things that need to be in place first. changes to code in these area can break other things that come after, there for they need to be fixed and more or less static before going forward.

thing like damage vlaues, loot spawns, etc are a simple matter of changing a few numbers or classnames at a later date (this is a gross over simplification and im only working with knowledge of the mod but still). this is not the stage where we should be expecting balancing for fun/decent gameplay. this stage is about seeing what features work, which ones dont, which can be fixed, and which may need to be canned/replaced with something better.

• Like 1

The reason why Balota was a deathmatch was because of military spawns - which should never be on the coast in the first place (again, great idea).

Now half the map is crawling with DM hungry noobs, previously contained to the coast.

Furthermore, Berezino has the only hospital in the North. It's kinda a big deal.

• Like 1

The reason why Balota was a deathmatch was because of military spawns - which should never be on the coast in the first place (again, great idea).

Now half the map is crawling with DM hungry noobs, previously contained to the coast.

Furthermore, Berezino has the only hospital in the North. It's kinda a big deal.

This, putting a military base right next to the spawn point was a retarded move. They should be nowhere near the coast to force people all over the map. 

• Like 1

People always bickering about Balota, i have a solution: 

MAKE BALOTA AIRFIELD A CIVILIAN AIRFIELD WITH CIVILIAN LOOT. MAKE THE TENT CITY BESIDE IT ONLY MEDICAL AND SMALL ARMS.

Simple as that

and the army base above Kamenka? Pack it slam full of zombies.

• Like 2

People always bickering about Balota, i have a solution: 

MAKE BALOTA AIRFIELD A CIVILIAN AIRFIELD WITH CIVILIAN LOOT. MAKE THE TENT CITY BESIDE IT ONLY MEDICAL AND SMALL ARMS.

Simple as that

and the army base above Kamenka? Pack it slam full of zombies.

Yeah. If they can't put tons of zombies in that base, simply move it up north.

Coast should have barely any loot, this would force people into actually exploring the map instead of noobing around

Game has no real purpose except for pvp. That is a big reason to spawn in one area. If you want alone time, run west and loot almost every other city without ever seeing another player.

• Like 1

I would advance that it is done on purpose - it forces combat and various PVP interaction, easier to spot bugs, get feedback etc... than if you had players spread across the entire map due to spawning. I too know this is temporary and it will change.

Edited by zeroy99
  • Like 2

Yeah, I mean I just think they need to look at the spawns again (both player and loot, and zombie for that matter) and come back with a good proposal.

I'm marginally sure that they shifted the spawns to Berezino in order to test out their new areas up north, as Berezino is situated close to the Svetlojarsk East-West axis upon which they're placing new towns/cities. So I'm sure it'll be temporary.

However, if I had my way, several things would happen...

1. Spawns would be dispersed ALL ALONG the coast, never inland... ever, all along the coast.

2. Spawns would be made more granular and varied (i.e. more of them), as to diminish (not remove) the likelihood of spawn killing

3. "Military" spawns on the coast (i.e. Balota) would be removed or placed further inland

4. Zombies, once at an acceptable state, would be far more numerous on the coast and in the coastal cities... as to make entering these areas near-suicide for the average new spawn.

5. The overall loot bias should favor the inland more so.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Yeah, I mean I just think they need to look at the spawns again (both player and loot, and zombie for that matter) and come back with a good proposal.

I'm marginally sure that they shifted the spawns to Berezino in order to test out their new areas up north, as Berezino is situated close to the Svetlojarsk East-West axis upon which they're placing new towns/cities. So I'm sure it'll be temporary.

However, if I had my way, several things would happen...

1. Spawns would be dispersed ALL ALONG the coast, never inland... ever, all along the coast.

2. Spawns would be made more granular and varied (i.e. more of them), as to diminish (not remove) the likelihood of spawn killing

3. "Military" spawns on the coast (i.e. Balota) would be removed or placed further inland

4. Zombies, once at an acceptable state, would be far more numerous on the coast and in the coastal cities... as to make entering these areas near-suicide for the average new spawn.

5. The overall loot bias should favor the inland more so.

Yeah, on the coast but not anywhere as far north as berezino...

• Like 1

I have to agree that i liked the old progression from south to north much more, Balota, Cherno, Elektro and the barns between just offered enough for any playstyle, balota and elektro for the speedrunners and cherno / the barns for a more tactical approach and i would like to see balota nerfed and the spawns return to the south or the whole coast.

But I`m sure this will be tweaked later down the line when all cities are done and the loot tables are configured. I guess this is something to consider for beta.

And between, the new blue hospital are everywhere, so berezino doesn`t have the only one in the north.

Yeah, on the coast but not anywhere as far north as berezino...

Why not?

Why not?

It's too far north, negating most of the walking. Berezinos close to NEAF, from there you do Devils to NWAF, possible heli crashes close by... Just no.

You should be able to spawn ANYWHERE on the coast.

1. It's random; you're not going to spawn at the same spot twice
  2. NEAF is only a few strides further from the coast than SWAF/Balota
  3. Elektrozavodsk/Chernogorsk are just as effective at gearing a character as the airfields are

On top of that, remove the tents at Balota so that SWAF and NEAF are relatively equal as far as loot is concerned, and force players to vie for dominance of NWAF if they really want the military goods. It isn't rocket surgery, derp.

Players spawn fanned out along the coast, all headed inland towards a universally appealing common goal. This will increase player encounters in places other than Berezino as players will be traveling through almost every town on their way to the north-west corner of the map.

• Like 4

It's too far north, negating most of the walking. Berezinos close to NEAF, from there you do Devils to NWAF, possible heli crashes close by... Just no.

Well, you're still moving inland. You're describing inland mobility, which is exactly what I want.

We've no confirmation that helicopter crashes will even be in the Standalone, and they're ostensibly randomized, so that's a concern no matter where one spawns.

And Devil's doesn't/didn't really drop anything significant.

People can go from Pavlovo barracks, to Zeleno barracks, to NWAF from the south as well. A far more rewarding route.

The only minor caveat I'd cite is the presence of NEAF in proximity to the coast.

Edited by Katana67

Hordes would be great, making people rely on stealth more often and real world-like puzzles " how do i get that horde away from that hospital full of supplies without risk of death?

Edited by The Lone Survivor

ermmm how about no ?

You will find good/plenty medical supplies in the recently added "blue barracks" and the "green house with one red door".

There is nothing really challenging about it. It is more of a race where everyone wins eventually. The map is not suited for this game.

i dont get why anyone thinks that what the game is now, is how its meant to be on release, everything is being tested everything will change, spawn locations are there for a reason, sure they will change as map changes, as will many other things in the game.

• Like 1

Guess I'm one of the very few to make it down to Chapaevsk alive after spawning in Berezino !

Off Topic posts will be removed and the Topic locked if the bickering continues.