Sign in to follow this  
ElectraAO

Underground Subway?

A subway would be a great place to add some really cool gear. Once building like in DayZ Epoch gets add into the standalone, it would make a cool hideout for your friends! In the mod, some people avoided traveling on the surface because of combat situations so they would fly helicopters and planes across the map but now you could also travel underground. If not a subway, I would still like the developers to add maybe some abandon mine-shafts maybe, or sewers. I would just like to add a third option to ground and air travel. 

Alright, now I'm adding something else to what I implied earlier. The developers are now adding a new city that is just about as large as Cherno in the northern part of the map. Maybe, they can add a subway that links Cherno, Elektro, and that new city together. Maybe they could even go a little more loose and add Berezino to the link.

Edited by ElectraAO
  • Like 7

Its alpha dude plus a subway systemm doesnt fot chernarus very well maybe some underground mines though.

Its alpha dude plus a subway systemm doesnt fot chernarus very well maybe some underground mines though.

The whole "its alpha dude" isnt necessary. This is what alpha is fore, suggesting and adding.

But yeah, the quotes right it doesnt really fit. Maybe mod maps?

Mines, sewers, caves and tunnels are good though.

I think a tunnel for the train tracks is better.

• Like 1

A railtracks running through a mountain tunnel, with doors inside leading to some kind of maintance room where you could find loot, set base etc.

Cities in Chernarus are too small to get metro... You don't make a metro with only 2 stations and I can't see more than 2 stations in Cherno (and I'm very optimistic)...

So make a metro between Cherno and Electro... There's already a train doing that.

Better try to keep the map realistic (it's quite not but it is ok).

Isn't it pretty marshy around there, too? And then mountains would make that difficult. The topography is a big concern.

What? I'm referring to the mod and the standalone for being so far in the mod, all you can do is travel by sea, air, and ground so in the standalone why can't we change that and add something new like underground travelling? 

sewersystem is comfirmed by dean.

I'm all for sewers, but I think a subway would be a little out of place. The entire map is basically the size of an average city center, the "cities" in the game are tiny, and none of them would need a subway. Hell, Chernarus doesn't even need cars, it's so small. 

I really hope they are gonna add an underground layer. From subways to huge abandoned (dark as hell) bunkers and bases. Atmosphere and fun would be through the roof IF it weren't for the engine. Anyone can turn shadows off and even the darkest corner will be brightly lit like it was daytime. So yeah.

Edited by myshl0ng

A subway would be a great place to add some really cool gear. Once building like in DayZ Epoch gets add into the standalone, it would make a cool hideout for your friends! In the mod, some people avoided traveling on the surface because of combat situations so they would fly helicopters and planes across the map but now you could also travel underground. If not a subway, I would still like the developers to add maybe some abandon mine-shafts maybe, or sewers. I would just like to add a third option to ground and air travel. 

Alright, now I'm adding something else to what I implied earlier. The developers are now adding a new city that is just about as large as Cherno in the northern part of the map. Maybe, they can add a subway that links Cherno, Elektro, and that new city together. Maybe they could even go a little more loose and add Berezino to the link.

I think a tunnel for the train tracks is better.

Strongly agree, train tracks can merge with subway in the cities.

I will add  though, unless the servers  are running lots of players, the map will be even more lonely.

They will incriese player count to 100-200 later on.

I'm all for sewers, but I think a subway would be a little out of place. The entire map is basically the size of an average city center, the "cities" in the game are tiny, and none of them would need a subway. Hell, Chernarus doesn't even need cars, it's so small. 

It can still take literally hours to cross the map with all the players around trying to hold you up and stuff.

Sewer network would be cool, but I would think it would have to offer something different. For example, maybe a higher zombie population but more loot? As a special challenge for advanced players maybe. Also, such a place would draw all of the KOSers to it, and this would give new spawns an easier time.

For me the whole sewer system idea is classic zombie/horror survival fodder. Maybe use deep water (so you can hear zombies moving to raise tension), dead ends (for chases) and new items (a flamethrower maybe? sometimes associated with sewer levels for some reason)

Been discussed many times.. I would say a very dark sewer system that's a bit of a maze would suit dayz the best