SmashT

The challenge and saga of Zombie Pathfinding

Guys, be serious.

This is a great devblog, we should all agree. The thing I like the most about it is the "from now on devblogs will not be weekly anymore but posted only when possible" one.

There's finally some good self-aknowledgement behind that one!

Sorry, I put sarcasm off now but I had to write it :D

It seems like the future is bright, but...I don't think that the next patch will be so meaty, I guess we'll have to wait for the June/July one in order to see some of the first game changers. But the future is definitely looking good...even if it is just a drawing, with nothing touchable yet.

Anyone knows when we can expect cooking to be added to the game? I did not see it being mentioned in this devblog and the basic materials are already in the stable. (pot,gasstove,water,rice)

Not sure why they insist on having these massive bottlenecks in interiors. Are two staircases out of the question? Perhaps an alternate ladder?

I don't spend much time in the cities, but I could imagine how frustrating it'd be climbing up that building with only one way in or out.

And Gorka/Partizan pants in the fourth from the top, /thumbsup.

Edited by Katana67

Photos from new devblog of new town, etc.. Enjoy! 

Merged. Also - spoilers!

Edited by kichilron

Anyone knows when we can expect cooking to be added to the game? I did not see it being mentioned in this devblog and the basic materials are already in the stable. (pot,gasstove,water,rice)

Long ago, after a great many things in life i became the kind of person to say things as i see them. Like this now, ive seen what they have planned and are pushing out and ive acted/commented appropriately, linked hicks stream a few days back and gave a thumbs up to it all. Things in life will teach you when you double your age to be rather, erm, pessimistic about a great many things, in particular when anything involves money. Its easy to be so trusting and have a much "rosier" out look etc when that paper gets plonked into your hand by parents. Wait till your 32. 

I'm 43 and I don't share that outlook.

• Like 4

Merged. Also - spoilers!

I dont even know why I post sometimes.. lol ;)

I mean.. why merge it with the devblog? There is a post about "what to expect in the next update" in General..

why not there? *..kicks empty tin can  :( 

Edited by lrish

Pic#4 - Is that a bullet casing midair?

Yes, that is in fact a shell casing and the right one for the weapon.. Anyone else excited about shell casings? I hope they can find a way to make them persist on the ground. That way you can see where a firefight took place afterwards.. I'd love that shit.

• Like 2

Dammit, fainally at elast word form the devs. I was expecting this...or part of it. Actually going the right way, moving to 64bit architecture, improving on engine and backend, this will set the framework for what the game can be. And should be. Right now, many people are waiting for the game to improve. Some gamebreaking bugs have to go!

Then everyone will be back, enjoying themselves, feeding themselves rotten karps or beating each other with wooden sticks. Awesome!

I dont even know why I post sometimes.. lol ;)

I mean.. why merge it with the devblog? There is a post about "what to expect in the next update" in General..

why not there? *..kicks empty tin can  :( 

Do you want me to put the artwork in the op irish?

• Like 1

also good to hear the mumbo jumbo coming out of their mouths.  tired of getting the talk and not seeing results AT ALL.  all i see is an incomplete game with so much potential, the lack of content and things to keep you entertained besides murdering people is going to be this games demise.  other games that have been out less time are getting more and more attention.  good luck devs.....i hope you make it.

• Like 1

also good to hear the mumbo jumbo coming out of their mouths. tired of getting the talk and not seeing results AT ALL. all i see is an incomplete game with so much potential, the lack of content and things to keep you entertained besides murdering people is going to be this games demise. other games that have been out less time are getting more and more attention. good luck devs.....i hope you make it.

Ugh not you guys again lol ... It will have all the features you are wanting in a few months so just chill out mang, and go play the other games getting attention for the time being .. Trust me when hunting, fires, physics fixed and the start of ragdoll in the next update well not be bored for a good couple of months which by then barricades should be making their way into the game :) awesome just awesome , so wasted 1985 smoke the L with us on the forums an lets all kumbaya together til the hunting update .

• Like 1

also good to hear the mumbo jumbo coming out of their mouths.  tired of getting the talk and not seeing results AT ALL.  all i see is an incomplete game with so much potential, the lack of content and things to keep you entertained besides murdering people is going to be this games demise.  other games that have been out less time are getting more and more attention.  good luck devs.....i hope you make it.

Just wow, have you any idea how this game architecture is complicated and why there aren't many games this type out there? 

Is that a moose? Please tell me we get to slay moose as soon as this update comes .... I can't wait for this update I just hope cooking is with it or at least soon after it, but hey no matter what this patch will be badass ...

I know this image is cruel but when they add car this option would be great if you dont have time to chop the carcass and to distribute the meat. 

deer2.jpg

Also, if canibalism is given the green light i would like to see humans up there too, and not just for eating, but for intimidating :)

• Like 2

This is GREAT to come back to, as I've taken a hiatus from the community, mainly out of resentment from the complaining in the community. The new camo looks great, and our fellow CHDKZ Chedaki cosplayers will finally be properly dressed. Now us CDF cosplayers can murder you comfortably. Also, everything looks great. Most rewarding hard-on ever.

• Like 2

is there any approximate estimate of when we can expect the discussed zombie pathfinding to be patched into stable?

is there any approximate estimate of when we can expect the discussed zombie pathfinding to be patched into stable?

Soon

Edited by lrish

A specific target month would be nice to know., although i think this was mentioned in the Q3/ Q4 Section of the spoken interview (so might not be too soon, as we're just entering Q2, correct?) , and I'm not too sure how 'current' that interview is.

Anyway it would just help our gaming communities and planning if we knew what month or date they were aiming for.

Edited by AgentNe0

Maybe i should of stated in my post "as long as you have a clue about the bankers, and whats going on in the financial/monetary and economic system of the west", plus family and personal experiences too at the hands of government and corporation which can make you that way as well with your line of thinking, you will be very pessimistic of pretty much everything. 

Edited by Mr Sinister

Maybe i should of stated in my post "as long as you have a clue about the bankers, and whats going on in the financial/monetary and economic system of the west", plus family and personal experiences too at the hands of government and corporation which can make you that way as well with your line of thinking, you will be very pessimistic of pretty much everything. 

Dude I hate the banks and monetary system as much as the next guy, but if you're that tight on cash maybe you should spend less time gaming and more time busting your ass and supporting your family. Trust me, I've made a lot of sacrifices to be able to sustain myself and my lifestyle.. It's not BI's fault you're having money problems.

• Like 1

Soon

You should have said No, then, because Soon means nothing with this game. If you are proposing a piece of work it typically has an estimate of completion. anyway Iwill keep looking forward to it good luck in Chernarus everyone

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1