qww

cheat that makes gun put away

just followed a mate onto a regular server, he was in hills prone, for about 10 minutes, looking though scope and looking around, suddenly his gun is put away automatically, then some  player walks up and asks him if hes german and then shoots him.

hes telling this to me on a voicechat, and im a few hundred meters north of him then about 30 seconds later , i see player walking in front of treeline to me so i aim, and my rifle is automatically put away and he walks in front of me and shoots me too after asking if im german..., never experienced this kind of thing on dayz before, if it had happened to one of us i would have thought it was just an unlucky timing of lag weapon switch, anyway its some kind of  cheat, where player can spot you (im guessing) and then disarm you(im sure of), crazy

• Like 4

Yep.. I must convert from Irish to German I suppose. 

• Like 2

oh right, just read about the security thing

That's interesting because I've had this happen to me before (the gun putting away part) while in a fight

It happened when I hadn't even recently got my gun our or put it away, so it wasn't to do with spamming the hotkey

I never thought it could be a hack, but it's possible as it's quite suttle and most people will put it down to a bug

Due to server lag I often have the problem that the gun is drawn and then immediately put back, but never when my weapon was drawn for a long time. It is suspicious that it happened when the OP made contact with the other "player". Yet it not only happened to him, but also short before to his friend. I can only guess what happened but I won't get into detail.

my wife is German, does that give me a pass?

only if she is hot   ( but i bet she does ! ) 

• Like 1

Fuck, knew I should have took German instead of French!

Lol the player i killed today was a English player he had 1004 mosin rounds on him.....

I was like wtf........

If you had your gun out and you didn't put it down yourself, then it was a cheat.

Or, you know, an input bug.

But lord knows this game is bug free, so it's totally a disarm cheat.  

• Like 1

Or, you know, an input bug.

But lord knows this game is bug free, so it's totally a disarm cheat.  

if you read my op you can see it is a cheat. im guessing you didnt,. or just dont understand the words.anyway im not here to argue, think what you like.

• Like 3

It sounds like you and your friend ran into a Jedi Knight.

As to the other people experiencing this issue, I personally believe it has to do with keys on the quick-action bar. When I use "2" to pull out my Mosin, he'll sometimes pull it out and then immediately put it away. This can go on for as long as five minutes while I'm sitting there laughing in disbelief to see how many times it'll keep happening.

However, when I drag my gun into my empty hands, it's never happened to me. Weird.

if you read my op you can see it is a cheat. im guessing you didnt,. or just dont understand the words.anyway im not here to argue, think what you like.

I read it.  

You present zero proof, just an opinion.  Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence at all.  

And just because you declare it a cheat at the end of your post doesn't make it so.

Happens to me here at 2:00.  

My guns come out, and then holster, refusing to come back out.  Is it cheat?  No.  It's a bug, a common enough one by understanding.

• Like 1

As to the other people experiencing this issue, I personally believe it has to do with keys on the quick-action bar. When I use "2" to pull out my Mosin, he'll sometimes pull it out and then immediately put it away. This can go on for as long as five minutes while I'm sitting there laughing in disbelief to see how many times it'll keep happening.

However, when I drag my gun into my empty hands, it's never happened to me. Weird.

I read it.  

You present zero proof, just an opinion.  Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence at all.  

And just because you declare it a cheat at the end of your post doesn't make it so.

Happens to me here at 2:00.  

My guns come out, and then holster, refusing to come back out.  Is it cheat?  No.  It's a bug, a common enough one by understanding.

totally nothing like what i just described in the op.

They lost the source code on reddit. So yes anything is possible at this point. Hackers basically have the keys to the castle.

Edited by mkgriff

They lost the source code on reddit. So yes anything is possible at this point. Hackers basically have the keys to the castle.

exactly, i didnt know abt that till after i made the post, and read some of the other recent forum posts, then i put 2 and 2 together sort of thing

exactly, i didnt know abt that till after i made the post, and read some of the other recent forum posts, then i put 2 and 2 together sort of thing

It's a bug that's been going on for the last couple of patches. It's happened to me running around on a server with no one but me playing. I'll be running around with my weapon out and my character will randomly put it away with no input from me.

It's a bug.

A bug.

Bug.

Bug.png

ITT:

OP won't rest until known bug is stigmatized as a cheat. Lol.

It's a bug that's been going on for the last couple of patches. It's happened to me running around on a server with no one but me playing. I'll be running around with my weapon out and my character will randomly put it away with no input from me.

It's a bug.

A bug.

Bug.

Bug.png

ITT:

OP won't rest until known bug is stigmatized as a cheat. Lol.

you are not reading the op , or you are not comprehending it. you seem to make a lot of extremely childish and ill informed posts on these forums, this is yet another. i dont need to argue with you

• Like 1

Sadly Teleport\radar\wall hacks\unlimited ammo aren't so what's your point?

just followed a mate onto a regular server, he was in hills prone, for about 10 minutes, looking though scope and looking around, suddenly his gun is put away automatically, then some  player walks up and asks him if hes german and then shoots him.

hes telling this to me on a voicechat, and im a few hundred meters north of him then about 30 seconds later , i see player walking in front of treeline to me so i aim, and my rifle is automatically put away and he walks in front of me and shoots me too after asking if im german..., never experienced this kind of thing on dayz before, if it had happened to one of us i would have thought it was just an unlucky timing of lag weapon switch, anyway its some kind of  cheat, where player can spot you (im guessing) and then disarm you(im sure of), crazy

Totally.

you are not reading the op , or you are not comprehending it. you seem to make a lot of extremely childish and ill informed posts on these forums, this is yet another. i dont need to argue with you

Read it. Comprehended it. My childish and "ill informed" posts generally pertain to like-minded threads. Do a quick search for *** if you need proof; there are no cheats kicking around that give you Jedi Force powers. This bug has been reported on the bugtracker and has yet to be fixed.

I think this was either a coincidence or you guys just got schooled by someone and this is how you passive-aggressively rage.

EDIT: Apparently these forums delete anything to do with third-party software. The *** = cheats. Do a search for cheats.

Edited by Grimey Rick