tenshu

First discount of DayZ standalone on steam

Not really anything that bothers me. I've already played the game enough to feel I've got my moneys worth, and will keep on playing. Let the sell even more, earn more, and perhaps create an even better game =)

The DayZ discount is only $4.50, or roughly what kichi charges for a back alley Cleveland Steamer. Not that big of a deal.

Aha... Well, how can one come into contact with the individual who has this favorable offer?

• Like 2

<------Doesn't care about discount. I've gotten my $30 worth several times over.

Yup.161 hours of gameplay. I can't really think of much else that you can purchase for that price giving that many hours of fun.

• Like 2

Oh no! A game you bought goes on sale briefly for 15% less than what you paid for it!

What about the computer you just bought for £599 and now the price has gone down by £100, are you going to complain about that and ask for your money back?

People will scream at anything, just for the point of screaming... unfortunately a lot of it on these forums.

• Like 3

You guys don't get it, it's not about us not getting a discount. I'm sure most of us have bought it ages ago, To say that is just dumb. 

It's about the game not being finished yet going on sale, This is a bad practice and sets a bad precedent. 

Don't be so mindless.

• Like 4

I thought it was about BI's 15 year birthday.

• Like 1

You guys don't get it, it's not about us not getting a discount. I'm sure most of us have bought it ages ago, To say that is just dumb. 

It's about the game not being finished yet going on sale, This is a bad practice and sets a bad precedent. 

Don't be so mindless.

But they're celebrating a milestone anniversary. It's not like they're doing a specific sale on DayZ. DayZ is arguably their most prominent game, so don't you think it would look like a huge cash grab if they were to mark down everything EXCEPT DayZ? This is not a bad practice and the only precedent it sets is that companies should give a nice sale every 5 years they're in business.

• Like 4

Great, discount right after I buy it... typical

But they're celebrating a milestone anniversary. It's not like they're doing a specific sale on DayZ. DayZ is arguably their most prominent game, so don't you think it would look like a huge cash grab if they were to mark down everything EXCEPT DayZ? This is not a bad practice and the only precedent it sets is that companies should give a nice sale every 5 years they're in business.

This would have made sense to leave it out of the main line up though. So i expect the thanksgiving sale to be possibly be even more off the product now. Whats the point of discounts when the game is no where near completion? Its not even a finished product. Why is it on sale?

Isnt this rubbish, game is not even out yet and there is a sale.

Whatever happened to the join in early and get it cheaper model........

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel cheated.

• Like 2

This would have made sense to leave it out of the main line up though. So i expect the thanksgiving sale to be possibly be even more off the product now. Whats the point of discounts when the game is no where near completion? Its not even a finished product. Why is it on sale?

I think the only reason it's on sale is because they put their entire library (as far as I know) on sale. If you're gonna do an anniversary sale, may as well include it all. I don't think they're looking at it as a alpha vs. finished game thing, just simply a 15th birthday thing.

• Like 1

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel cheated.

Same. Game should stay the same price when it's early access... Only rips off the fans who got it straight away when it went on sale!

• Like 1

I think the only reason it's on sale is because they put their entire library (as far as I know) on sale. If you're gonna do an anniversary sale, may as well include it all. I don't think they're looking at it as a alpha vs. finished game thing, just simply a 15th birthday thing.

I guess it just contradicts the whole "you will be getting the better payment plan" thing.

• Like 2

Then imagine how I feel, I bought Operation Flashpoint in 2001 and in today's birthday spirit, they are offering it for free.

It's a slap in the face.

It is not the same thing, They were pretty clear on the pricing strategy for Dayz SA and to suddenly turn around and do the opposite of what they said kinda makes people lose trust in the company and the development of the game naturally.

• Like 1

I just feel their 15th birthday is a special occasion and that this predictable entitlement backlash is much ado about nothing.

• Like 2

I just feel their 15th birthday is a special occasion and that this predictable entitlement backlash is much ado about nothing.

Oh no thats a wonderful thing.

I guess some of us are just confused as to why an "incomplete game" Is getting a price reduction when its still in an early alpha stage.

How is putting games on sale a celebration? 

Can't be for the people (us) that keep them in business. We already have their games. 

The game was put on sale - So? The price will get steeper, later, for now its priced reasonably, until the 19th at least...

• Like 1

While I agree it's pretty dumb to put an alpha on sale, at the end of the day, who gives a slippery fuck?

It's two coffees, if that. If you can afford a computer to play DayZ on, you'll be just fine.

• Like 3

While I agree it's pretty dumb to put an alpha on sale, at the end of the day, who gives a slippery fuck?

It's two coffees, if that. If you can afford a computer to play DayZ on, you'll be just fine.

True true but its a rather good debatable subject at the moment regardless. Something much different from the all the "ALPHA NOT COMPLETE/KOS" threads.

The game was put on sale - So? The price will get steeper, later, for now its priced reasonably, until the 19th at least...

New! Unfinished car! Buy now and help us test it, it's cheaper that way! We'll finish it once we got your money, promise :D

Whats that? The cars going in the wrong direction? lol it's not finished silly! SO SHUT UP!!!! AAAAALLPPHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! RRRRAAGGGGBLAWAAGHAAA!!

BTW guys I'm guna leave the project and start something else in a year ok, thx for the money ;) Here's some other people, they will finish it trust them :) LOLOLOLOLOLOL  !BANK! $$££CHA CHING££$$

Unfinished car! Now on sale!! 

Edited by sai
  • Like 1

Oh no thats a wonderful thing.

I guess some of us are just confused as to why an "incomplete game" Is getting a price reduction when its still in an early alpha stage.

If I had to make an irresponsible guess, I'd say BI is celebrating their 15th birthday by giving a short discount on their catalogue. 

• Like 2

If I had to make an irresponsible guess, I'd say BI is celebrating their 15th birthday by giving a short discount on their catalogue. 

You get a cracker cause ducks love crackers. :P

• Like 2

catalogue

You get a cracker cause ducks love crackers. :P

They also eat free at Subway.

• Like 2

It is not about the money but the principle. Also you should drink coffee somewhere else, sounds like you are getting ripped off :p

• Like 2