damonxwind

That thing you can't find

Everyone has one. And nobody's is the same, from what I've seen on these forums.

Mine is the NVGs.

I've had literally every piece of gear that I've wanted in my two weeks (6/17/12 was my first day on Day Z) of playing. I've found tents, vehicles, ghillie, M107(two at one heli crash), AS50(Gave to a friend), Mk 48 (Twice, Gave to a friend), FN FAL, FN FAL NightSight, M14(Twice, my favorite weapon), PDW, G17, MP5 SD, M4 CCO, M4 M203, AK Kobra.

my friends that I roll with have had

M24, SVD, M4 SD, Bizon SD.

Together we have found two vans, a red sedan, probably 10 atvs by now, a UAZ, and a blue truck. Most of which are lost, stolen, or crashed.

I have had ghillie probably four out of every five of my lives, not counting shitspawn respawns.

I see people asking where to find these items on the forums ALL THE TIME, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one who seems to find at least some moderately rare stuff within a day of playing a new character.

Mine is : 870 MCS shotgun & camo suit :(

My friend found a NVG last day, near Balota after sniping one ghillie asshole that spotted our friend on bicycle, and murdering him.

Our sniper took him down and my friend found NVG on this scumbag.

Been looking for a sniper for ages while doing so found laods of cool stuff no doubt but still cant find one haha

DMR - I found one once before and had tons of fun with it, then I put it in a tent and someone took it.

Now I really want one again and can't seem to find it anywhere.

compass and a freaking NVG.Since i play (a bit more than im registered on here) i tried to get ma dirty paws on these..with no luck whatsoever.

compass on the other hand..i had plenty.just cant find any more since the last patch

Toolbox. Always the damn toolbox...

I cant get away from the stupid things lol

I can't find a tent to save my life. I've seen one pickup truck, but I only saw it because he ran me over.

Silenced M4.

This. Now one of only two guns left that I haven't found at least one of. The other is the L85A2.

I got extremely lucky finding my NVG.

Spawned in the debug plains, had some food and water so I started walking southeast took a couple hours finally made it back on the map (I did not want to die, been alive for 5 days and have literally lived through some crazy stuff including super zombies in 1.7.1 or 2 and being infected and having to find antiobiotics lol)

So I finally made it back on the map it was getting dark but was dieing of thirst so I started running into barns didn't care about zombie aggro because the thirst was going to get me first found a drink 30 seconds after I started losing health. I think kept heading east to make it back to stary and my buddies and I find a tractor in working condition in a field I jump in fire it up and start driving and 100 feet later I find a crashed heli with shiny NVG's right next to it.

I must of made a hell of a sight driving though the field in pitch black wearing a ghillie suit and NVG's in an old rusted tractor with 10 zombies after me.

The thing I can't find is the silenced m16 the m4a1 cco SD or whatever. I want one so bad!

Silenced M4.

This. Now one of only two guns left that I haven't found at least one of. The other is the L85A2.

I have found the l85a2 so its only the as 50 and m4 silenced i have not seen in game.

Silenced M4 is off the list for me as of 2 days ago.

Mine would be NVGs and a damn ammo box. Had to drop my M4 because I ran out of ammo and I picked up something from a helicopter crash.

The only things I now of that I can't find are: GPS, rangefinder, ghillie, NVGs. And ALL vehicles. Seriously, I have 45 hours played of this game via Steam and I have not found a single vehicle. I found a bicycle once but as I was running towards it the server reset...

I've visited over 6 vehicle spawns and no luck, been all over the map. I've even started walking on the outskirts of the debug forest hoping to find an off-the-map hoarder's cache but no luck..

Me and my ground have touched every piece of equipment that can be found in the entire mod except for four things.

What we have not been able to find in our now slightly more than two months of playing is the SVD which we want terribly, the radio which we would enjoy to find just to be able to say we have had every single tool, the pipe bomb/c4/satchel charge, and the AT-4/M136 single use anti-tank rocket launcher.

We have found every other gun and currently have several M249s, MK48s, M107s, everything. We have used every vehicle including the helicopter (only for a few minutes). We actually had most of the vehicles until a server error wiped every vehicle off of the map and a week later they have not respawned.

Anyway that god damn M136, SVD, and C4 need to be found. If anyone has those and is willing to trade (yes I know trades go terrible in this game but I am willing to try) any other item in the game except for vehicles and mountain dew as we do not currently have any. NVGs, rangefinders, GPSs, M107s, MK48s with belts, L85A2, AS50, I can get you anything for those items.

So far in about 130hrs of playing I've found

- gps (2x)

- nvg

- m107 (2x)

- ghillie suit (2x)

- mk48 (2x)

- L85A2

Just got the L85A2 yesterday in a chopper crash. My bud picked up a m107 and there was also a DMR there too. Was a pretty epic loot find. Crash site was in the middle of nowhere.

I haven't played since last Friday, but carrying my gripe over from then:

....fucking MATCHES.. aarrg

Only things I care about that I have yet to find are:

GPS

M4 SD

I've had NVGs before, and I would love to find some again.

First thing I picked up on my character was a toolbox, think I was bang lucky.

Oddly enough I haven't found another backpack yet (wtf) or a tent.

after 100 respawns at the beancoast i was finally ready to head to the north packed with food water and medical supplies of any kind. in all this lifes and my current - wich is a day 4 life - i didn't find any backpacks until approx. 10min ago. my very first backpack. oh i almost cried.

now i can concentrate on looking for this other mystical stuff that i didn't ever see. first goal: find a crashsite and don't die ^^

CZ550. All I need.

Then eventually I find a DMR at a heli crash, and lo and behold, the first barn I walk into has 2 CZ550's with over 6 mags for them.