gibonez

Will the new AKM suck ?

AKM dispersion  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AKM will have horrible dispersion?

8es5AsH.jpg

Do you guys think the new akm will plauged with the same problems that the rest of the weapons suffer from , the insane dispersion and unrealistic handling ?

Edited by gibonez

I don't like those ugly bumps

Edited by leviski
  • Like 2

If you feel that the other dayz guns are this way - why would you expect any different

• Like 1

I think it will have bad dispersion just like every other gun, I don't think it will suck though just like the m4 doesn't actually suck.

Do they suck compared to arma?  Yeah.  Do they suck compared to every other gun in the SA, not really.

The AKM is going to have a 75 round mag and shoot a higher powered round than the m4.  It's going to be devastating at certain ranges, and like the m4 I think it will make up for medium ranges with the sheer amount of rounds you can throw at someone.  It will also be able to attach a PSO scope, and if they allow it to attach a bipod well I can see this thing basically being a shitty LMG.

And a shitty LMG in a game without LMGs is still an extremely strong weapon.

• Like 1

If you feel that the other dayz guns are this way - why would you expect any different

Perhaps they would correct the problem with future weapons and then come back to the preexisting firearms and fix them also ?

Dunno.

They don't care about weapon balance yet, so get used to it till beta at least.

I think it would be an even bigger mistake to just start "fixing" the newly implemented weapons without addressing all the old ones as well.  I'd rather not end up with a 75 round akm actually being accurate while every other gun in the game is still shit.

• Like 2

I don't feel like there's any dispersion problems with any of the weapons in DayZ. If you don't suck, you'll hit what you're aiming at.

• Like 2

I don't feel like there's any dispersion problems with any of the weapons in DayZ. If you don't suck, you'll hit what you're aiming at.

Uh, no, try hitting a target from 400 meters away with a DEFAULT M4A1, with, say, an ACOG, while prone.

You won't be able to do it, unless you fire a whole shitload of shots.

The m4 is a 40 moa gun currently.

How is that not a problem.

The sks is also very inaccurate and the mosin is a tad bit too accurate.

• Like 5

They are doing inaccuracy all too wrong, really.

The guns should be as accurate as we see them in Arma 2, but should have increased amounts of sway, depending on specific statistics. For example, after running for quite a while, it should be a lot harder to hold your weapon steady, but when crouching, standing still, or prone - especially - you should be able to hold that gun as stable as scaffolding.

We also need a system to mount our guns onto windows and walls temporarily for increased stability, and the same with bipods, and we also need to see more subtle attachments, such as the CQB stock slightly changing maneuverability but not affecting accuracy as it currently does and make the magpul parts result in an easy to aim M4, perhaps make it quicker to stabilize?

All in all, we need sway and unstable rifles that act like they do in real life.

• Like 2

They are doing inaccuracy all too wrong, really.

The guns should be as accurate as we see them in Arma 2, but should have increased amounts of sway, depending on specific statistics. For example, after running for quite a while, it should be a lot harder to hold your weapon steady, but when crouching, standing still, or prone - especially - you should be able to hold that gun as stable as scaffolding.

We also need a system to mount our guns onto windows and walls temporarily for increased stability, and the same with bipods, and we also need to see more subtle attachments, such as the CQB stock slightly changing maneuverability but not affecting accuracy as it currently does and make the magpul parts result in an easy to aim M4, perhaps make it quicker to stabilize?

All in all, we need sway and unstable rifles that act like they do in real life.

Pretty much the way stand alone handles the weapons and accessories is horrible.

The more the weapons and shooting mimic real life the better.

• Like 3

Perhaps they would correct the problem with future weapons and then come back to the preexisting firearms and fix them also ?

Dunno.

I hear you the acc. should be much higher (if its to be close to real life) - as Bororm stated I dont think they are going to fix/adjust this aspect of the game just yet, I would be surprised if they did anything in this area until Beta the absolute earliest - I really dont think making a poll will change their mind on how they approach the steps of adjustment and replacing "placeholder" values/items

Edited by tiadashi
  • Like 1

It's more accurate than the M4A1 Carbine so there's that.

It's more accurate than the M4A1 Carbine so there's that.

How is it compared to real life ?

How is it compared to real life ?

Seems intended to be 27.5 MOA but looks like it has no dispersion right now. Haven't tried it.

Seems intended to be 27.5 MOA but looks like it has no dispersion right now. Haven't tried it.

Jesus 27.5 moa.

..... It must have no rifling or something.

Semi auto and it's probably golden. Full auto will most likely be as horrible as the M4

The m4 is a 40 moa gun currently.

How is that not a problem.

The sks is also very inaccurate and the mosin is a tad bit too accurate.

The SKS is almost as accurate as the mosin if you're not trying to shoot it on the run. I've had many a kill at 400+ with the PU.

It will have the same problems the M4 Has which imo are: Feeble, innacurate and the recoil is like using a cannon. the main reason i dont use the M4 is because it sounds and feels like im shooting an elastic band, maybe akm will be a cross of M4 and SKS, beefy like the SKS but useless like the M4

ofc it will all new items sucks !

AKM .. suck ?

so what do we have ?

- 75 round mag 
- 7.62x39 mm calibre
- PSO Scope with 4x magnification and stadiametrics
(stadiametric rangefinder is only usefull depending on personal FOV-settings)

imho, closerange the dispersion & recoil won´t matter with 75 rounds to fire
and everythin far away... singleshot plus some aim

if there is not a sniper hidden somewhere & watching you with his LR-scope
IT WILL OWN ABOUT EVERYTHING

Edited by dawud

i guess since the M4 spreads like a shotgun normally would, i guess the AKM will only be usefull in city and CQC situations, sadly

or they introduce some mechanic that magically makes the weapon inaccurate when having a 75 round drum clip

(which to some extend might be reasonable, carrying 75 rounds of 7.62x39 may be quite heavy,

though i have never shot a gun besides an air rifle and suck at it, so...)

i really really dout it will be as good as the SKS, which is my favorite gun by far

Cant comment on the way it handles until i actually use it.

But we can be guaranteed to get the crappiest sound an AKM has ever gotten.

• Like 1