gibonez

Will the new AKM suck ?

AKM dispersion  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AKM will have horrible dispersion?

It's the semi auto accuracy I'm worried about. Is that in the game's files by any chance? I heard the M4 is a whole lot more accurate when turned to semi auto. Firing one shot in full auto is less accurate than firing one shot in semi auto, which is of course ridiculous. It'll serve me well with the AKM, though

• Like 1

It's the semi auto accuracy I'm worried about. Is that in the game's files by any chance? I heard the M4 is a whole lot more accurate when turned to semi auto. Firing one shot in full auto is less accurate than firing one shot in semi auto, which is of course ridiculous. It'll serve me well with the AKM, though

Yea 2 different accuracy ratings for full auto and single shot is insane.

• Like 2

There is a difference between the guns being inaccurate and being unbalanced.  

I think there is good internal balance.  Each gun does a different thing.  The only gun that is sort of really garbage right now is the sawed off shotgun.  It is still plagued by those odd moments where point blank shots do nothing.  I have not really had that issue yet, but I read enough about it that I figure it must be real!

If one thing.. then in the gamefiles should be simple written parameters for the first shot
+for the following ones, if Fullauto
the first shot dependent on sway and dispersion (i.e. breathe/wind,etc)
the following shots through recoil.

\edit
like a moa of 2-8 for first shot
and higher for the following ones

Edited by dawud

I'm pretty sure bullets don't come out of a barrel and then curve randomly into a designated cone area.

• Like 1

There is a difference between the guns being inaccurate and being unbalanced.  

I think there is good internal balance.  Each gun does a different thing.  The only gun that is sort of really garbage right now is the sawed off shotgun.  It is still plagued by those odd moments where point blank shots do nothing.  I have not really had that issue yet, but I read enough about it that I figure it must be real!

Balance should not even be considered.

The m4 should be the best gun in the game currently why ?

Because in real life the m4 is flatter shooting, far more accurate and overall has by far the most firepower potential of all the other weapons in game.

Yet because of the shitty internal balancing the m4 is quite possibly the worst gun in the game.

The need for balance is no longer needed when you have the ability to control the loot tables.

I'm pretty sure bullets don't come out of a barrel and then curve randomly into a designated cone area.

Damn right they don't. I get where the cone originated from, but they overdid it tremendously. When compensating for recoil you adjust the aim of the gun, but your adjustment won't be exactly where you aimed before, thus creating a group of hits. It kinda resembles a cone if you think about it, but that cone is created by your own accuracy with the gun. Right now, this cone of fire is created by the mechanical accuracy, which is ridiculous. They never should've fiddled with the gun's accuracy, but rather with the player's accuracy. 

The gun should really just move into a random direction (slightly) after firing, to simulate recoil. For example, after the first shot, the barrel should move 1/4 of an inch to any direction. This would cause legit groups of fire, and not outrageous ones we have now

Because in real life the m4 is flatter shooting

There is no such thing as "flat" shooting

Gravity never forgets, and all lines are curves.

Their angle, bulletwise, depending of course on velocity

Edited by dawud

There is no such thing as "flat" shooting

Gravity never forgets, and all lines are curves.

Hmmmm I said flatter not flat.

5.56 is a much lighter, faster bullet thus it gets affected by gravity less than the other rounds in game.

5.56 is a much lighter, faster bullet thus it gets affected by gravity less than the other rounds in game.

Gravity's acceleration is 9.8 m/s^2 regardless. The bullet is flatter shooting because it has a higher velocity and a smaller drag coefficient.

Gravity's acceleration is 9.8 m/s^2 regardless. The bullet is flatter shooting because it has a higher velocity and a smaller drag coefficient.

Hey man don't question Gibonez's armchair ballistic expertise and understanding of physics, he's an expert on all things firearms because he read the wiki articles and watched some youtube videos =P

In all seriousness though gibonez I think you should relax a bit about all this sorta stuff.

Weapons are wonky, they've got bad statistics but it's not going to change any time soon.  Constantly railing on how crappy the weapons are isn't going to solve anything.  They aren't going for ultra realism so some of the stuff you go on about is pretty inconsequential, I'm not saying weapons shouldn't behave accurately to their real life counter parts but some of the crap you go on about in these discussions is pretty irrelevant.  At the end of the day it's some variables that need to be changed, full physics simulation isn't at work here.

If you want to do something constructive gather actual in game information and suggest the changes needed, but I'm pretty sure that's already been done.

Above all else, have some patience man =P

• Like 1

Hey man don't question Gibonez's armchair ballistic expertise and understanding of physics, he's an expert on all things firearms because he read the wiki articles and watched some youtube videos =P

In all seriousness though gibonez I think you should relax a bit about all this sorta stuff.

Weapons are wonky, they've got bad statistics but it's not going to change any time soon.  Constantly railing on how crappy the weapons are isn't going to solve anything.  They aren't going for ultra realism so some of the stuff you go on about is pretty inconsequential, I'm not saying weapons shouldn't behave accurately to their real life counter parts but some of the crap you go on about in these discussions is pretty irrelevant.  At the end of the day it's some variables that need to be changed, full physics simulation isn't at work here.

If you want to do something constructive gather actual in game information and suggest the changes needed, but I'm pretty sure that's already been done.

As long as they don't shoot out flowers and unicorns were cool. But idk its tempting.... O.o

• Like 1

Constructive from me Pffftt.

I now understand that there will not be a fix unless mods come out but I still find enjoyment in rallying people and getting them angry about the crappy shooting mechanics in stand alone.

Constructive from me Pffftt.

I now understand that there will not be a fix unless mods come out but I still find enjoyment in rallying people and getting them angry about the crappy shooting mechanics in stand alone.

That's what I'm saying though, everyone already know's they are crappy.  You're just trolling at this point.  If that's what you're into that's great, as long as you realize it.

I've got you on ignore for a reason, you basically add nothing constructive to any discussion I've ever seen you take part in.  I was just hoping I guess that maybe you were just ignorant (still not convinced honestly).

Edited by Bororm

Yeah, you're all wet Domo.

There is a reason the US requisitioned the SOCOM.  The M4 isn't really the best rifle in the US military, to say it is the definitive best in DayZ is silly.  It is my favorite, but there is no best gun.  The Mosin is great for tasks the M4 isn't, both in real life and the game.

There is a reason the US requisitioned the SOCOM.  The M4 isn't really the best rifle in the US military, to say it is the definitive best in DayZ is silly.  It is my favorite, but there is no best gun.  The Mosin is great for tasks the M4 isn't, both in real life and the game

I said it is the best rifle of the ones in game currently.

You telling me a mosin, sks, blaze 95, ruger 10/22 etc are better than a m4a1 ?

Absolutely not, there is not a single situation where the mosin or any other gun is better than an m4. There simply is not.

The m4 is far more accurate than a bone stock mosin with mil surp ammo.

At 100 yards the mosin is nearly twice as powerful as a 5.56.  At 200 nearly 2.5.  At 300 it is three times as powerful.At 500 yards it is nearly four times as powerful.

So yeah, if you want to kill a person with one shot, you shoot them with a 7.62x51mm round.

At 100 yards the mosin is nearly twice as powerful as a 5.56.  At 200 nearly 2.5.  At 300 it is three times as powerful.At 500 yards it is nearly four times as powerful.

So yeah, if you want to kill a person with one shot, you shoot them with a 7.62x51mm round.

Not to mention penetration power for shooting at folk behind cover.

There is a reason the US requisitioned the SOCOM.  The M4 isn't really the best rifle in the US military, to say it is the definitive best in DayZ is silly.  It is my favorite, but there is no best gun.  The Mosin is great for tasks the M4 isn't, both in real life and the game.

To bad i cant use the damn mosin as wood burning fire yet. : /

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

When I got my first Mosin, I couldn't believe how much wood was on the damn thing.  They must have deforested Russia producing the things!

Yea and the m4 is nearly twice as accurate as a mosin at 100 yards even more so with the new round the us military moved to back in 2010.

Point is the mosin simply is not accurate enough in real life to want it over a m4 it also does not have as much fire power as an m4 , 30 rounds vs 5.

Not to mention penetration power for shooting at folk behind cover.

If someone is hiding behind cover then yes perhaps you would want a mosin,

Even then I rather have an m4.

When I got my first Mosin, I couldn't believe how much wood was on the damn thing.  They must have deforested Russia producing the things!

Lol and yet we must roll through towns to find sticks...... XD

*Soon to be fixed but still funny as hell*

Yea and the m4 is nearly twice as accurate as a mosin at 100 yards even more so with the new round the us military moved to back in 2010.

Point is the mosin simply is not accurate enough in real life to want it over a m4 it also does not have as much fire power as an m4 , 30 rounds vs 5.

If someone is hiding behind cover then yes perhaps you would want a mosin,

Even then I rather have an m4.

But in terms of it being a gun i dont think it matters what kind it is. A bullet enters your brain or a vital organ you NORMALLY dont live though something like that without proper medical care.... lol

I guess we'll just have to wait and see?

I'm sure it wont be entirely realistic as of yet. Not much sense in completely revamping ballistics for this one gun to be realistic before the others. I figure they'll be done pretty much at the same time and fine tuning the weapons will be a more constant process.

Patience.  :)