randmanq

Can the leg pain status be ignored or does it get worse?

What happens if a player ignores the "My leg is in pain/painful" status message after being hit by a zombie? Does it get worse and eventually cause the leg to break, or death? And if so, how much time do I have until it breaks? 

Didn't seem like the zombie even hit me that hard. My pants quality didn't even degrade.

Thank you!

This happened to me, and my leg has had this status for hours.  I think it can be ignored for now.  The only way to get rid of it is morphine, or a crap ton of painkillers.

And same thing with me, my pants didn't degrade, but my gloves of all things got ruined by the hit.

• Like 1

What happens if a player ignores the "My leg is in pain/painful" status message after being hit by a zombie? Does it get worse and eventually cause the leg to break, or death? And if so, how much time do I have until it breaks? 

Didn't seem like the zombie even hit me that hard. My pants quality didn't even degrade.

Thank you!

I think you can ignore it at the moment. Not experienced any worsening of symptoms the times I've had it. Painkillers never got rid of it, but morphine did the trick. Maybe someone else can confirm for sure?

This happened to me, and my leg has had this status for hours.  I think it can be ignored for now.  The only way to get rid of it is morphine, or a crap ton of painkillers.

And same thing with me, my pants didn't degrade, but my gloves of all things got ruined by the hit.

Splints...easyer to come by...

I suppose a broken arm will make aiming really hard in the future. Also, there should be an option to FORCE yourself to hold the arm up and still for aiming, for the price of having to gasp or moan really loud. And for not beign able to raise the weapon propperly for a certain time afterwards.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

use sticks and a rag, or morphine, you have a fractured leg

I suppose a broken arm will make aiming really hard in the future. Also, there should be an option to FORCE yourself to hold the arm up and still for aiming, for the price of having to gasp or moan really loud. And for not beign able to raise the weapon propperly for a certain time afterwards.

I can picture a limp/slow walk animation for this as well down the road.

i cant imagine using a broken arm to lift anything

i cant imagine using a broken arm to lift anything

have you ever tried IRL ? * if its a fresh fracture you wont feel pain but it gets really hot right where the bones broke. Adrenaline.* ( it also depends on the nature of the fracture..is it clean cut, or sticking out ? *if so..you need way more drugs. Plus, it should invite the undead for a easy meal , like you cant stop moaing and a occasional scream ) It takes time to bring yourself to try. Also, i imagine, in a adrenalin induced scenario, the bounderies whould be rather low. Albeit, the punishment after. even more...punishing.

And if you cant find rags ? Enable us to use the sewing kit for emergency fleshwounds ;)

no i have never tried ...... i dont imagine many people have, ever

if you have a compound fracture your not lifting anything, a stress fracture sure

have you ever tried IRL ? * if its a fresh fracture you wont feel pain but it gets really hot right where the bones broke. Adrenaline.* ( it also depends on the nature of the fracture..is it clean cut, or sticking out ? *if so..you need way more drugs. Plus, it should invite the undead for a easy meal , like you cant stop moaing and a occasional scream ) It takes time to bring yourself to try. Also, i imagine, in a adrenalin induced scenario, the bounderies whould be rather low. Albeit, the punishment after. even more...punishing.

And if you cant find rags ? Enable us to use the sewing kit for emergency fleshwounds ;)

I am not sure about technical correctness of following statement but even a fracture can cause you unbearable pain. I do have experienced both broken bones and fractures several times in my life, I can't say a certain fracture is any more comfortable than broken bone.

I don't know all the terms for those injuries in english so don't shoot me if something isn't in correct form.

I think you can ignore it at the moment. Not experienced any worsening of symptoms the times I've had it. Painkillers never got rid of it, but morphine did the trick. Maybe someone else can confirm for sure?

morphine or a splint - lately I've been using the splints as morphine is a bit scarce. the only effect I think I've noticed from this status is a shaky scope reticle but I could be mistaken, I just fix it as soon as I have sticks for the splint.

I don't know all the terms for those injuries in english so don't shoot me if something isn't in correct form.

Oh me neither ;)   And yes any fracture is very painfull for a rather Long time. I think the effects of broken limbs should be longer. It should slow you down, shaky ect.

Painkillers currently do absolutely nothing in game right now other than take up space. If you have pain the only thing you can do is walk it off or take morphine to stop your guy from crying like a child on a playground with a scrapped knee. If your leg is broken only way to fix it is make a splint using a rag and a stick or morphine until then you are crawling mister.